Why do Republicans keep calling "earned benefits" "entitlements"?

Someone who has worked his ass off for 28 years and paid taxes his whole life has certainly earned it. Especially since the factory he worked at closed down and soon after he suffered a minor stroke which made him ineligible for health insurance (he's thanking God for the ACA) and unable to work. (Yes, I know someone like this.)

Same goes for a disabled vet who is unable to work (You'd probably call him a slacker and say "He's not MY problem".)

So yes. They damned well earned it.

No, we mean like this person
15 kids and somebody needs to pay for all my children, somebody needs to be held accountable |

And guess what? There are a hell of a lot more like her than like your examples.

You're trying to say that people like her outnumber legitimate cases? Bullshit.

Prove it.

I'm channeling DaGoose today: I make statements and don't have to prove them.
Besides, we know it's true.

No, we mean like this person
15 kids and somebody needs to pay for all my children, somebody needs to be held accountable |

And guess what? There are a hell of a lot more like her than like your examples.

You're trying to say that people like her outnumber legitimate cases? Bullshit.

Prove it.

I'm channeling DaGoose today: I make statements and don't have to prove them.
Besides, we know it's true.

Uh-huh. :eusa_liar:

Someone who has worked his ass off for 28 years and paid taxes his whole life has certainly earned it. Especially since the factory he worked at closed down and soon after he suffered a minor stroke which made him ineligible for health insurance (he's thanking God for the ACA) and unable to work. (Yes, I know someone like this.)

Same goes for a disabled vet who is unable to work (You'd probably call him a slacker and say "He's not MY problem".)

So yes. They damned well earned it.

What makes you think I'm talking about either of the people, and those like them, that you post about?

(The fact that you failed to qualify your "How is welfare an entitlement? What did the recipient do to earn it?" statement. And the fact that rarely does any Neo-Con on this board ever say anything about welfare other than eliminating it. Think I'm wrong? Do a search where any of you make a statement in support of welfare)

The vast majority of conservatives have no opposition to a societal safety net, despite what progressives tell each other.

(Really? Prove it.)

What we oppose is a hammock. Paying able-bodied people who can work but refuse to.

(As do we.)

What have they done to deserve their entitlements?

Again with the "they". :eusa_eh:

The vast majority of "they" are folks that have worked and been through any one of a number of tragedies. "They" do not want to be on welfare anymore than we want them on welfare. "They" have faces, names and real life stories of why "they" ended up at such a low point in their lives. "They" are not the "welfare queens" that Reagan so famously ridiculed. Oh I agree that there is a very small segment of welfare recipients that could fit that description but "they" are few and far between.
Prove it.

Sounds like it's time for a poll of USMB conservatives.

It will show I'm correct.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/318301-poll-for-usmb-conservatives-the-social-safety-net.html

Last edited:
Anyway, there are no entitlement programs that are *earned*. You simply *qualify*. For example, if you're blind, you're qualified to receive an entitlement. If you're elderly, you're entitled. If you're disabled, you're entitled. If you have children in the home and you meet deprivation requirements, you're "entitled". If you have income under 185 percent of the federal poverty level, you're entitled.

Anyway, there are no entitlement programs that are *earned*. You simply *qualify*. For example, if you're blind, you're qualified to receive an entitlement. If you're elderly, you're entitled. If you're disabled, you're entitled. If you have children in the home and you meet deprivation requirements, you're "entitled". If you have income under 185 percent of the federal poverty level, you're entitled.

That is sort of the defnition of "entitlement" isn't it?
The brain dead libs think allowing companies to keep mroe of their own earnings is somehow equivalent.

Why do Republicans keep calling "earned benefits" "entitlements"?

Why do the parasites call the financial inducements , ie, entitlemts, to vote for a welfare state purveyors as "earned benefits"?

And considering that our taxes are the lowest in 60 years. ?

Bullshit.

That's only because Janet Yellen and her predecessors have been inflating the fuck out of the currency.

The Inflation Tax

All government spending represents a tax. The inflation tax, while largely ignored, hurts middle-class and low-income Americans the most. Simply put, printing money to pay for federal spending dilutes the value of the dollar, which causes higher prices for goods and services. Inflation may be an indirect tax, but it is very real — the individuals who suffer most from cost of living increases certainly pay a “tax.”

Forum List

Back