Why do some take belief in Global Warming as a political issue?

You are such a literal little thing, aren't you? :lol:

Comes from a lack of imagination.

No, it comes from knowing the difference in the truth and absurd exaggeration. Saying that something is man's fault is NOWHERE near damning him for it. That's pure ignorance. Damnation is damnation. When a traffic cop places responsibility for a crash on the person who caused it do you say that he has "damned" the person?

You are being absurd.
Not really. But I'm sure it comforts your little literal mind to feel that way.

Yes, it is absurd to claim that I "damned man" because I recognize poor farming techniques contribution to the dust bowl. I haven't "damned" anyone.

That is absurd.

You guys only try to frame everything in extremes. The world is a range of things, most neither good or bad, but somewhere in between. This compulsion to assign every little thing to one of two neat little bins is taken to a level of some kind of mental derangement with you guys.
Oh, you mean like declaring that things are either hot or cold, with nothing in between? That there is no relativism? Something hot can't be described as cold when compared to something even hotter?

Okay. I see what you mean.

Dave, I never said the sun gets cold. Fitz did.

The sun doesn't get cold. That IS an extreme and I have offered many different, less extreme ways to say what he claims he meant. There is no need to be so extreme as to call the sun cold.

Don't look now, but man has an incredible capacity to alter his environment.

9f678_north-amerika-lights.jpg

Aside from the nice picture, let's not forget that the sun does not get cold. The idea that grown men have spent so much time and energy attempting to defend the proposition is absurd.

The sun does not get cold.
And icebergs do not get hot..Who fucking cares.
Have you been forgetting to take your lithium pills?
What is the definition of "cold" ....as it relates to temperature and/or environment?
No looking it up either...I will know if you did.

Don't look now, but man has an incredible capacity to alter his environment.

9f678_north-amerika-lights.jpg

Aside from the nice picture, let's not forget that the sun does not get cold. The idea that grown men have spent so much time and energy attempting to defend the proposition is absurd.

The sun does not get cold.
And icebergs do not get hot..Who fucking cares.
Have you been forgetting to take your lithium pills?
What is the definition of "cold" ....as it relates to temperature and/or environment?
No looking it up either...I will know if you did.

We have already defined the word "cold" to death. Every kid knows that the sun is not cold. Even when the sun cools ever so slightly, there is no relative application of the word "cold" to the sun. The implication is just plain absurd and anyone with a brain knows it is. The sun does not cool enough, even relatively, to be called "cold".

The sun does not get cold. Period.

No, it comes from knowing the difference in the truth and absurd exaggeration. Saying that something is man's fault is NOWHERE near damning him for it. That's pure ignorance. Damnation is damnation. When a traffic cop places responsibility for a crash on the person who caused it do you say that he has "damned" the person?

You are being absurd.

Yes, it is absurd to claim that I "damned man" because I recognize poor farming techniques contribution to the dust bowl. I haven't "damned" anyone.

That is absurd.
Feel comforted now? Perhaps a security blanket would help. :lol:

That is absurd.

I try to stay away from taking any personal shots, thought I know that sometimes I do. I shouldn't say things like "only a fool..."

My apologies if I have offended you Dave.

Last edited:
You guys only try to frame everything in extremes. The world is a range of things, most neither good or bad, but somewhere in between. This compulsion to assign every little thing to one of two neat little bins is taken to a level of some kind of mental derangement with you guys.
Oh, you mean like declaring that things are either hot or cold, with nothing in between? That there is no relativism? Something hot can't be described as cold when compared to something even hotter?

The sun doesn't get cold. That IS an extreme and I have offered many different, less extreme ways to say what he claims he meant. There is no need to be so extreme as to call the sun cold.
Interesting. So when you do it, it's clear and rational. When we do it, it's mental derangement.

Do you think anyone is buying your self-rationalization besides you?

Interesting. So when you do it, it's clear and rational. When we do it, it's mental derangement.

When I do what Dave?

I haven't said the sun is cold.

That is absurd.

I try to stay away from taking any personal shots, thought I know that sometimes I do. I shouldn't say things like "only a fool..."

My apologies if I have offended you Dave.
Silly boy. You utterly lack the capability of offending me. :lol:

There is nothing in this thread where I have claimed that lights have any effect on climate.
Really? You should have. It takes a lot of energy to create that much light.

That's beside the point.

The point is the scale of man's ability to make significant impacts on his environment, such as turning vast areas of darkness to light. On a scale visible from space.
Soooo...changing the environment has no impact on climate?

Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this any thought.

When I do what Dave?

No, you've said it's hot. Nothing but hot. Based solely on the limitations of your own senses and your inability to imagine anything else.

Really? You should have. It takes a lot of energy to create that much light.

That's beside the point.

The point is the scale of man's ability to make significant impacts on his environment, such as turning vast areas of darkness to light. On a scale visible from space.

That is too broad a statement to confirm or deny. "Perhaps" is the only answer I could offer.

That's beside the point.

That is too broad a statement to confirm or deny. "Perhaps" is the only answer I could offer.
Whattya know -- you finally got something right.

When I do what Dave?

No, you've said it's hot. Nothing but hot. Based solely on the limitations of your own senses and your inability to imagine anything else.

No Dave, not based solely on the limitations of my senses. Based on the meaning of words in the English language. You can imagine the sun to be many other things and there are words to describe those things. But cold isn't one of them. A lack of vocabulary to describe how you might imagine the sun to be is YOUR problem. You are expecting me to hear you say "cold" and use MY imagination to figure out what you mean? How about we come back to rational world where you use words to convey whatever it is you imagine so I know what idea you are trying to convey. Accusing me of a lack of imagination because I can't guess what you mean by "cold" when you don;t actually mean "cold" is just plain dumb. It's your claim, your imagination, you don;t get to blame me for your lack of expression. Even so I DID use my imagination and vocabulary to offer some different options of how to communicate this imaginative idea and STILL those terms were rejected in favor of the word "cold".

Forum List

Back