🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do we celebrate Independence Day?

I’m in my 40’s…I’ve seen videos like this on television ever since I can recall

I’ve always wondered what the point was. I mean do the people who do the interviewing have an agenda to enlighten, to alarm, to try to feel smug and superior??? Yes there are people out there who are illiterate as to our history. If you were to ask me to play a note on a piano, I couldn’t tell you what key delivers what note. If you were to ask 100 others, I’m sure you’d get bewilderment and confusion also while others see a simple question. Is there some recommendation for what people “should know”? You can get through life just fine without knowing who Alan Shepherd was or who General MacArthur was or who Teddy Roosevelt was. Is not knowing who John Hancock was any more or less tragic?

I’ve always wondered what the point was. I mean do the people who do the interviewing have an agenda to enlighten, to alarm, to try to feel smug and superior??? Yes there are people out there who are illiterate as to our history. If you were to ask me to play a note on a piano, I couldn’t tell you what key delivers what note. If you were to ask 100 others, I’m sure you’d get bewilderment and confusion also while others see a simple question. Is there some recommendation for what people “should know”? You can get through life just fine without knowing who Alan Shepherd was or who General MacArthur was or who Teddy Roosevelt was. Is not knowing who John Hancock was any more or less tragic?
Good job of covering up and glossing over a big problem...Candycane.

These folks don't know.

But I'm sure they're full of self esteem 'n stuff.

Sad.

It's about control. Making people feel a part of the community so they're easier to manage and work harder etc. Tell them lots of stories and they'll be yours.

These folks don't know.

Sad.

That video was totally unbalanced and unfair.

The reporter interviewed a whole bunch of Democrats and left the only non-Democrat to the very end. Seems rather prejudiced. And he interviewed mostly WHITE people!!!!

This reporter's next stop for similar "on the street" interview should be Watts, Harlem, Overtown, the South Side of Chicago or East St. Louis for a more intelligent and more informed and more fair and balanced display of the true face of America.

Happy 4th of July!

The nanny state, career politicians and their federal government has created, has spawned A generation or two of mindless lemmings... To them(lemmings) playing Xbox and PlayStation is more important than history and how we got to the place we are. Too bad it's too late to recover...
In Indian history everything was verbal there was no written language but still it was knowledge passed along and remembered. Of course the federal government came into the picture and made all that go away…
The point is, history is the future.

The point is Americans are idiots. And that is sad.

And comparing being able to read sheet music to knowing basic historical facts about our country? Really?

And comparing being able to read sheet music to knowing basic historical facts about our country? Really?

And you base that on 2-3 dozen edited interviews?
You find the comparison invalid? Why?

The nanny state, career politicians and their federal government has created, has spawned A generation or two of mindless lemmings... To them(lemmings) playing Xbox and PlayStation is more important than history and how we got to the place we are. Too bad it's too late to recover...
In Indian history everything was verbal there was no written language but still it was knowledge passed along and remembered. Of course the federal government came into the picture and made all that go away…
The point is, history is the future.

Humorous beyond belief.

These folks don't know.

Sad.

That video was totally unbalanced and unfair.

The reporter interviewed a whole bunch of Democrats and left the only non-Democrat to the very end. Seems rather prejudiced. And he interviewed mostly WHITE people!!!!

This reporter's next stop for similar "on the street" interview should be Watts, Harlem, Overtown, the South Side of Chicago or East St. Louis for a more intelligent and more informed and more fair and balanced display of the true face of America.

Happy 4th of July!

Well, most were white. If we are to believe race politics, they are all trump supporters.

Good job of covering up and glossing over a big problem...Candycane.

Just wondering what kick people who do/sponsor these interviews get out of results they are going to pre-determine anyway.

And you base that on 2-3 dozen edited interviews?
You find the comparison invalid? Why?

No, the repeated interviews merely reinforce the known.

And why is the comparison between not knowing why we celebrate independence day to not knowing how to read sheet music invalid? Oh please Candy, I know you are smarter than that.

EVERY American who has gone through at least the 8th grade should have a basic of understanding of our government including knowing the importance of key national holidays. Certainly most people graduate high school and even college without ever learning to read sheet music.

Forum List

Back