In your deepest hour of darkness
I will give you wealth untold
When the silence stills your spirit
Will my riches fill your soul

Holy darkness, blessed night
Heaven's answer hidden from my sight
As we await you, O God of silence
We embrace your holy night

That is nice. Dark as anything but nice.

Unfortunately I am not the kind of person who appreciates games being played with my "immortal soul" if such a thing exists.

And hiding is a game.

And if one has to justify God's inactions it becomes indifferentiable from his lack of existence.

If you bought a car from me but I never delivered you a car. Would you value the car? Or would you think that the car never existed?

Enlighten me how your atheism does that? I'd love to hear how it has enriched your life.

You couldn't understand it if I explained it to you. I've already laid out pretty much everything but you are simply too uneducated to understand it.

Besides your faith is important to you. I wouldn't want to introduce you to anyone else's thoughts because they might be a threat to you.

Try answering the question like your life depended on it. Do Aesop’s fables speak about truths?
Yes. So lies contain truths? The answers is yes to that is well. What is your point? Animals still can’t talk. Any document that says they do contains at least some lies. However, humanity is full of dishonesty. So learning lessons from lies is maybe more important than learning lessons from truth. Truth is easy to navigate. Navigating through all the lies of your family, friends, coworkers, so on and so forth requires a depth knowledge of the lying side of human nature. Both the Bible and Aesop’s fables give us that wisdom to navigate our way through humanity. It’s a tough world. Not everything is neatly packaged and easy to digest. Thinking is more useful than believing. A fox might just be trying to trick you. A Lion might be a little more honest with his intentions but I still wouldn’t trust him just because he is honest.

I love the Bible. I read it carefully, and I try to remember as much of it as I can. Too many seem to dwell on the parts they find troubling and skip over what reassures and promises.

(Forgive me for this harsh comparison, but hopefully you'll get the point):

Ike Turner often bought Tina flowers after the beatings. I guess we need to assume Ike was a good guy?

I have no idea what you are talking about. You should try seeing God in the best light possible rather than putting God on trial everyday. He's already been tried, convicted and executed once. Isn't that enough?

You don’t like the god in the Bible. You like the personal god that you created. or don’t admit it. Either way I can tell by reading the words you say. I don’t really have to ask you what you believe. You display it on USMessageBoard like a good boy.

Yes. So lies contain truths?
A fable is a short story, typically with animals as characters, conveying a moral. Where's the lie? It's a technique to make the story more memorable so that it can be remembered and passed down to future generations. An important trait in a time when all information was passed down orally. Like in the Bible.

:rofl:

Why do I need to quote a bible verse?

Lol. I’d never expect you to. Never in a million years. Cardinal Carmanitive must be new to the theological authority of ding.

“I don’t need no stinking Bible. I have the truth.” ~ding

humanity is full of dishonesty. So learning lessons from lies is maybe more important than learning lessons from truth. Truth is easy to navigate. Navigating through all the lies of your family, friends, coworkers, so on and so forth requires a depth knowledge of the lying side of human nature. Both the Bible and Aesop’s fables give us that wisdom to navigate our way through humanity. It’s a tough world. Not everything is neatly packaged and easy to digest.
Everything is propaganda. The trick is in wading through it t discover what is true. You don't do that by throwing everything out just because you lack the intellect to put things in their proper context.

That embellishment is used to make the accounts more memorable so they can be more easily remembered and shared with others so that they can be passed down to future generations.

That’s a wonderful idea. I’m glad Aesop thought of doing that. Jesus even did that with his “parables”. Maybe Jesus was trying to make the same point you are. The Bible is mostly allegorical and useful but not necessarily true.

You are not a Biblical literalist. We both know that. So I don’t know why we are arguing except for the entertainment of both of us.

Not if you are the one doing the thinking. What have you accomplished in your life that would make me want to follow your way of thinking?

Nothing. Ever. What have you accomplished in your life that would make me want to follow your way of thinking?

You are making this too easy for me.

Lol. I’d never expect you to. Never in a million years. Cardinal Carmanitive must be new to the theological authority of ding.

“I don’t need no stinking Bible. I have the truth.” ~ding
I'm complicated. I like to keep them guessing. I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken from me.

You don’t like the god in the Bible. You like the personal god that you created. or don’t admit it. Either way I can tell by reading the words you say. I don’t really have to ask you what you believe. You display it on USMessageBoard like a good boy.
The God of Abraham is a personal God.

That’s a wonderful idea. I’m glad Aesop thought of doing that. Jesus even did that with his “parables”. Maybe Jesus was trying to make the same point you are. The Bible is mostly allegorical and useful but not necessarily true.

You are not a Biblical literalist. We both know that. So I don’t know why we are arguing except for the entertainment of both of us.
“He believes in No-God, and he worships him,” said a colleague of mine of a student who was manifesting a fine atheistic ardor; and the more fervent opponents of Christian doctrine have often enough shown a temper which, psychologically considered, is indistinguishable from religious zeal.”
― William James, The Varieties of Religious Experience: A Study in Human Nature

Forum List

Back