🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do you people favoring $15 minimum wage seem so dumb about percentages???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Here is a standard "Profit & Loss" (P&L) for a restaurant.
When any business does it's books it keeps track of
SALES... in this case from Food and beverage...
Then they figure their costs for the year.
So if salaries,wages & benefits constitute 30.5% of total expenses... What happens if those expenses go up say by 50%... or half of 30.5% is 15% or 45% because wages go to $15.00 PLUS remember something most people don't seem to understand...THE EMPLOYER ALSO pays SS (6.2%)/Medicare(1.45%) taxes in addition to the increase to $15.00!.......hmmmmm....
Well that pretty well shoots the income before income taxes... which was 4.4%...
That means NO PROFIT which means
A) NO FEDERAL TAXES which WAS on the profit....BOOO...evil profit!!!
B) No business to pay employees!!! Oh well employees can get unemployment checks for 99 weeks!

So taking a page from "Business Operating Expenses for Dummies"!!!
If you pay minimum wage of $15.00 you different options:
1) RAISE your Food/Beverage prices for the consumer by 50%... Yea that's ticket... see how many patrons
will stay with you! OR
2) Automate some functions oh say like the waiters and replace with iPads/robot deliveries.
Wow... that just might CUT the Salaries/wages/benefits cost even more making even MORE evil profit!!!

Hey never mind that all minimum wage jobs..(less then 3 million by the way) are held by low skilled, entry level people (Hey was one! I started flipping hamburgers at $2.00/hour in 1962!) and the only thing I knew
was I had to show up daily for my job, I had to be on time and I had to respect the customers and my fellow employees and boss! That's it! And those are the people that will be replaced.
Those are the people with NO skill sets... and have only their presence to be compensated for by the employer. That's it... and YOU idiots want those people who are LEARNING while working to be put out of work! RIGHT!!!

fastfoodoperatingexpenses.png

restuarant bar expense... http://www.restaurantowner.com/RN_1.pdf

So if salaries,wages & benefits constitute 30.5% of total expenses... What happens if those expenses go up say by 50%... or half of 30.5% is 15% or 45% because wages go to $15.00 PLUS remember something most people don't seem to understand...THE EMPLOYER ALSO pays SS (6.2%)/Medicare(1.45%) taxes in addition to the increase to $15.00!.......hmmmmm....
Well that pretty well shoots the income before income taxes... which was 4.4%...
B) No business to pay employees!!! Oh well employees can get unemployment checks for 99 weeks!

1) RAISE your Food/Beverage prices for the consumer by 50%... Yea that's ticket... see how many patrons
will stay with you! OR
2) Automate some functions oh say like the waiters and replace with iPads/robot deliveries.
Wow... that just might CUT the Salaries/wages/benefits cost even more making even MORE evil profit!!!

Hey never mind that all minimum wage jobs..(less then 3 million by the way) are held by low skilled, entry level people (Hey was one! I started flipping hamburgers at $2.00/hour in 1962!) and the only thing I knew
was I had to show up daily for my job, I had to be on time and I had to respect the customers and my fellow employees and boss! That's it! And those are the people that will be replaced.
Those are the people with NO skill sets... and have only their presence to be compensated for by the employer. That's it... and YOU idiots want those people who are LEARNING while working to be put out of work! RIGHT!!!

View attachment 101617

Dear healthmyths maybe they want the same rights
as trucker unions and farmers who get to lobby
for subsidies or whatever pay at the rates they demand or
nobody gets food grown or trucked anywhere!

If you want your fast food, but all the workers
demand to get paid more, then either pay them, hire other people,
or you don't get your French Fries on the go when you want them!

will stay with you! OR

View attachment 101617

You did good in accounting obviously but you don't seem to know crap about microeconomics.

So give it a rest.

The more you talk the more stupid you sound.

You gotta remember that liberals feel ever-so-strongly that 75% of nothing is more productive than 15% of even one dollar.

will stay with you! OR

View attachment 101617

Yup, it is an initial bump up in the owner's expenses. But the prevailing effect of the workers having more money in their pockets to spend in other community small businesses will have the overall effect, in a short time, of helping the economy overall. Anyone making that level of wages is not going to be buying a new car or investing in the stock market. They're going to be visiting the local diner or buying that new drill from the hardware store, or even occassionally a fancy dessert from the bakery down the street. THAT is how the economy improves by increasing the minimum wage. Plus the fact that we no longer have to give them food stamps.

will stay with you! OR

View attachment 101617

Democrats have a perfect solution to this problem, pass a national $15 minimum wage and bring in more illegals who will work for less than minimum wage.

People are tired of seeing upper management and the ceo shoveling into their pockets tens to thousands of times more of the profit then themselves. For what??? This is mostly greed. I don't think minimum wage is a good way to fight this, but it does make sure people that do work make enough to survive.

A law to limit pocketing more then 10 times the avg pay of the workers would work a lot better.

The push to raise the minimum wage to that level gives unions automatic raises where they will not look like the bad companies they are when they strike for more pay in a declining economy..

will stay with you! OR

View attachment 101617

This is so easy...No word play or sugar coating allowed.
The only people lobbying for the wage are 35 year old adult losers trying to make a childs job a career job.
These are mostly low-life immigrants and ghetto folks who don't have the iQ and or basic language / communication skills to get a real adult job. These are the same bottom feeders who have been stealing our high school kids jobs.
Hope I was helpful without the PC polish.

will stay with you! OR

View attachment 101617

Democrats have a perfect solution to this problem, pass a national $15 minimum wage and bring in more illegals who will work for less than minimum wage.
Incorrect! They will demand that you pay illegals $15.00/hr.

will stay with you! OR

View attachment 101617

Incorrect! They will demand that you pay illegals $15.00/hr.
They can demand all they want, but with E-verify being required, Illegals will have to be paid under the table and that will drive wages down.

People are tired of seeing upper management and the ceo shoveling into their pockets tens to thousands of times more of the profit then themselves. For what??? This is mostly greed. I don't think minimum wage is a good way to fight this, but it does make sure people that do work make enough to survive.

A law to limit pocketing more then 10 times the avg pay of the workers would work a lot better.

You can't be serious....are you?
I really hope you're just poking the bear for entertainment sake.
I'll explain this elementary principal in short for the iQ challenged.
Employees are paid a wage not based on how profitable company X is but based on what X profession, trade, position or title pays on average in area X.
If you don't like watching your boss get filthy rich on your labor you can always start your own business. Welcome to free enterprise.
I'll invoice you for the economics lesson later....You're welcome.

will stay with you! OR

View attachment 101617

Liberals dont know economics or math, its just that simple

Minimum wages are problematic, yet politics makes it impossible to allow an equilibrium wage.

It's also unconstitutional and un-American, so I'm not the least bit surprised you proposed such a thing

Minimum wages are problematic, yet politics makes it impossible to allow an equilibrium wage.

Minimum wages aren't the problem at all...too many 30+ year old people trying to work a minimum wage job is...a simple supply vs. demand dynamic.
Remember when your people wanted to keep waving in foreigners by the millions? Remember these people reproduce at an alarming rate? A few million quickly multiply to several million...you got exactly what you asked for bud.
Begging for more free shit (a higher un-justified wage) isn't the answer.

will stay with you! OR

View attachment 101617

Yup, it is an initial bump up in the owner's expenses. But the prevailing effect of the workers having more money in their pockets to spend in other community small businesses will have the overall effect, in a short time, of helping the economy overall. Anyone making that level of wages is not going to be buying a new car or investing in the stock market. They're going to be visiting the local diner or buying that new drill from the hardware store, or even occassionally a fancy dessert from the bakery down the street. THAT is how the economy improves by increasing the minimum wage. Plus the fact that we no longer have to give them food stamps.

So why not 100 dollars per hour?

Liberals dont know economics or math, its just that simple

Neither do conservatives. All statists are fucked in the head when it comes to economics.

So when in the course of your math did it become possible to make a profit and stay in business if salaries,wages and benefits
that take 30% of the revenue goes up to 50%?

Let me make it simpler.
Before minimum wage a restaurants costs.
Gross revenue $1,000
costs
salaries/wages 300
everything else 660
Total costs $960
Profit $40.
After $15.00 minimum wage labor costs go up 50%
Gross revenue $1,000
costs
salaries/wages 450
everything else 660
Total costs $1,110
Loss $110
Effect: Restaurant closes. lays off employees. No taxes paid. Unemployment checks go out for 99 weeks.
Worst effect: entry level, low skilled people out of working now without a chance of learning the fundamentals of what it takes to be an employee!
Now does that make sense?

Last edited:

will stay with you! OR

View attachment 101617

Initial bump for who? The 20 year old living with his parents of which there are less the 1.1 million and you want to put them out of work?
See robots/kiosks can do their jobs at less then $6.00/hour be there 24 hours/7 days a week.
Is that what you want higher unemployment???

Forum List

Back