Why do you think this NY Times Op-Ed was written?

There's something that isn't making sense to me on this.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
It can't be real. I think it's clear that journalists are going to be releasing opinion pieces from roughly 300 different publications to influence the election. They tipped it off a couple of weeks ago. This is just a story that supposedly reinforces a false narrative that Trump is nuts. The Democrats keep repeating this lie in every speech, every hearing, every time they can get cameras to focus on them. They're trying to act like they're saving us from a dangerous dictator. The problem with that is Trump is trying to protect us from THEM.

This op-ed crossed the line. If true, it shows an actual espionage operation is ongoing inside the WH.
It also proved, if true, that there is a Deep-state willing to do anything to stop him.
So on one hand you have people spying on Trump, despite the Deep-State claiming that they aren't.
All of the leaks are either BS or there is some janitor listening in on Trump meetings.

Here's the rub.....if there was any truth to Russian Collusion, a spy or a mole would have been able to prove it by now.
Any Democrat that tries to take advantage of this fake story is pretty stupid, because it only proves that Trump was right all along.
Whoever it is, they're guilty of sedition/treason. If this person really exists, then they are not only undermining the lawful operation of the government, but this person is subject to not only firing, but a long prison term. Course Liz Warren has already foolishly jumped on it. Everyone else, so far, has tried to stay clear of it, because they know how dangerous this situation can become if true.
I think it's fair to wonder if it's real. It's definitely fishy in some ways.

At the same time, we've completely lost our shit, and I don't think I'd be surprised by any name, if it were real.

But given Trump's behaviors since the day he came down the escalator - behaviors proudly cheered on by his followers - any of this is possible.
Course it all depends on your opinion and your bias.
Trump doesn't act like most people.
If you have a problem with Trump, you're going to think the worst of him.
However, the one thing we can trust in him is that he will always do what is best for America.
It's clear that there are people in Washington that only want to do what is best for them or their party.
Trump will do whatever it takes to improve our lives.
And Trump cannot be bought.
Some will think that his attitude isn't politically smart, but then again, this is why every politician in Washington fails to do his job.
We have a man in the Oval Office with the guts to sacrifice himself to do what he knows will make our lives better.
Everybody else just wants to do what will help him keep his job.
Yes, we all have our opinions and biases.
And those biases make it easy to manipulate folks.
I've known about Trump for decades.
His life is an open book.
He is what he is.
Not everyone likes who he is.
He is what we needed.
We cannot say the same about Hillary or Obama.....or anyone in either party.

This is true. If this is from a real person, I'd have to review their security clearance pretty carefully. I mean, who knows what classified info they'd blurt out after hearing something scary?

There are leaks everywhere from the White House through the FBI and CIA. People, political parties, and the internet in general are getting hacked left and right (funny how that translates). To suggest there is any semblance of security in our existing structure that is not polluted by political interests is almost laughable.

Looking at the approval bring expressed by some for this leak proves your point.

All I can say is that when I dealt with secure materials in the military, if I had treated those materials as carelessly, or for the same personal gain, I would have been making big rocks into little rocks at Fort Leavenworth for an very long time. Perhaps we need to address enforcement and consequences.

I agree we do. Unfortunately, we have devolved to a state where one side or the other becomes cheerleaders for those who break the law, as long as the outcome is favorable to an agenda.

If this person really exists and is outed, the left will take care of him. It is likely he would be a hero to those on the left, and immediately get a high level position at CNN or MSNBC.

Lets start...

The disarray in the White House is not the Left's fault. I know there are people here that believe everything bad in the world must be from the Left and every good from the Right...

The NYT op-ed was written by a conservative... He said it in the article... He was chosen by Trump to serve the country not Trump...

Bob Woodward is not from the Left... He is one of the best investigative journalists ever in America.

Trump erratic behaviour is not caused by the Left...

The Left arrange a meeting with Russians to 'get dirt on Clinton'...

The Left didn't numerous campaign members break the law. The laws are serious and carry serious time...

The Left didn't triple inflation and increase borrowing to over a trillion a year...
I didn't blame the left in my prior post. However, it is my opinion that the left will do what they can to protect this person, whoever it is.
Correction, the left will do whatever it takes to take Trump out. Including writing this op/ed and attributing it to someone in the administration.

That's not likely.
The identity will be known eventually and this isn't exactly ground breaking information.
It's just further confirmation of what we've known about Trump since the beginning.
Confirmation bias at its best.

Most thinking people understand that those things you know, aren't actual facts but are information that has been cherry-picked to meet a specific narrative.

Most people understand that this has been reported from the beginning and is now starting to be confirmed by admin officials.

Remind us how wrong the reporting on watergate turned out to be.

Hutch Starskey is a low IQ individual
-Anonymous

Damn, I knew it, but this anonymus OP-ED that I published CONFIRMS it!

It can't be real. I think it's clear that journalists are going to be releasing opinion pieces from roughly 300 different publications to influence the election. They tipped it off a couple of weeks ago. This is just a story that supposedly reinforces a false narrative that Trump is nuts. The Democrats keep repeating this lie in every speech, every hearing, every time they can get cameras to focus on them. They're trying to act like they're saving us from a dangerous dictator. The problem with that is Trump is trying to protect us from THEM.

This op-ed crossed the line. If true, it shows an actual espionage operation is ongoing inside the WH.
It also proved, if true, that there is a Deep-state willing to do anything to stop him.
So on one hand you have people spying on Trump, despite the Deep-State claiming that they aren't.
All of the leaks are either BS or there is some janitor listening in on Trump meetings.

Here's the rub.....if there was any truth to Russian Collusion, a spy or a mole would have been able to prove it by now.
Any Democrat that tries to take advantage of this fake story is pretty stupid, because it only proves that Trump was right all along.
Whoever it is, they're guilty of sedition/treason. If this person really exists, then they are not only undermining the lawful operation of the government, but this person is subject to not only firing, but a long prison term. Course Liz Warren has already foolishly jumped on it. Everyone else, so far, has tried to stay clear of it, because they know how dangerous this situation can become if true.
I think it's fair to wonder if it's real. It's definitely fishy in some ways.

At the same time, we've completely lost our shit, and I don't think I'd be surprised by any name, if it were real.

But given Trump's behaviors since the day he came down the escalator - behaviors proudly cheered on by his followers - any of this is possible.
I don’t think his behavior warrants a spy in the WH. Do you?
I don't like any of this, really. Nor would I like it if it happened with Obama.

This is ugly. But it's also a reflection of us.
It is all an ongoing effort by the establishment/ruling class to remove a President.

I can’t recall an effort like this in all of US history. All while the economy is humming and we are at peace.

Can you recall such a flawed man as president?
Yes. There were many including your Messiah.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
My first thought was that it was Pence prepping to run against Trump in the next election. But I really don't know. Maybe they're testing the waters - they're thinking of invoking the 25th and wanted to get a preview on the public response.

Or maybe they wanted to influence the elections and pave the way for a Democrat led impeachment.

I think Warren nailed it though. If the op-ed was truthful, the "steady state" needs to quit fucking around with anonymous leaks and actually remove him from office. Coddling him is only compounding the problem.

My first thought was that it was Pence prepping to run against Trump in the next election. But I really don't know. Maybe they're testing the waters - they're thinking of invoking the 25th and wanted to get a preview on the public response.

Or maybe they wanted to influence the elections and pave the way for a Democrat led impeachment.

I think Warren nailed it though. If the op-ed was truthful, the "steady state" needs to quit fucking around with anonymous leaks and actually remove him from office. Coddling him is only compounding the problem.

DERP.

Yea, that's what should happen. Fascism.

DERP.

Yea, that's what should happen. Fascism.

How so?

There is a PROCESS for impeachment.

One can't unilaterally remove POTUS because they don't liek him personally.

Do you even CONSTITUTION?

The SCOTUS will be 7-2 Conservative when Trump leaves office. Get a helmet.

I agree we do. Unfortunately, we have devolved to a state where one side or the other becomes cheerleaders for those who break the law, as long as the outcome is favorable to an agenda.

United we stand, divided we fall.

It's really a matter of who wants what, who they are willing to grant the power to decide, and whether or not the decisions they make really helps the outcome in any way. Still, I think it was George Washington that said, "If one man can do the job, give it to him. Give the job to two men and they'll fight about the best way to do it. Give the job to three men and it will never get done." (paraphrased at best)

Dems got trolled by a MORON.

Dems spent $1.2 billion and lost to an idiot.

Who are the real idiots?

Unless The NY Times plans to rat this person out after the damage is done, there is no way this person is real.
Trump said it’s real. Don’t ya b’lieve him?

The SCOTUS will be 7-2 Conservative when Trump leaves off. Get a helmet.
Not if Democrats win the Senate in November.

Uh, the 25th amendment is part of the Constitution. It details the PROCESS for removing a President who is unfit to remain in office.

Lets start...

The disarray in the White House is not the Left's fault. I know there are people here that believe everything bad in the world must be from the Left and every good from the Right...

The NYT op-ed was written by a conservative... He said it in the article... He was chosen by Trump to serve the country not Trump...

Bob Woodward is not from the Left... He is one of the best investigative journalists ever in America.

Trump erratic behaviour is not caused by the Left...

The Left arrange a meeting with Russians to 'get dirt on Clinton'...

The Left didn't numerous campaign members break the law. The laws are serious and carry serious time...

The Left didn't triple inflation and increase borrowing to over a trillion a year...
I didn't blame the left in my prior post. However, it is my opinion that the left will do what they can to protect this person, whoever it is.
Correction, the left will do whatever it takes to take Trump out. Including writing this op/ed and attributing it to someone in the administration.

That's not likely.
The identity will be known eventually and this isn't exactly ground breaking information.
It's just further confirmation of what we've known about Trump since the beginning.
Confirmation bias at its best.

Most thinking people understand that those things you know, aren't actual facts but are information that has been cherry-picked to meet a specific narrative.

Most people understand that this has been reported from the beginning and is now starting to be confirmed by admin officials.

Remind us how wrong the reporting on watergate turned out to be.
watergate was about *trying to* weaponize the gov against the other party. remind me what obama did again?

Uh, the 25th amendment is part of the Constitution. It details the PROCESS for removing a President who is unfit to remain in office.
your hating him does not make him unfit. having the left shout out a bunch of bullshit does not make him unfit.

grow up.

your hating him does not make him unfit. having the left shout out a bunch of bullshit does not make him unfit.

grow up.

?? You're confused. Or maybe you don't understand the word "if". Here's what I said:

If the op-ed was truthful, the "steady state" needs to quit fucking around with anonymous leaks and actually remove him from office.

The op-ed claimed that the President is unhinged and dangerous. If that's really the case, the cabinet is duty-bound to remove him from office. If that's not the case, if they just don't like him and want to remove him for political reasons, they need to shut the fuck up and stop undermining the Presidency.

Forum List

Back