Why do you want right wing judges on the bench, what do you want

`
When it comes to politics, I'm rather stoic. Personally, I've been involved in races close to home like governor and US senator. When it comes to governor, Tony Evers (D) is in a dead heat with Scott Walker (49 vs 44) Leah Vukmir (R) is getting blown away by democratic incumbent Tammy Baldwin.

I don't particularly like the democratic party but anything is better than the republicans, at least locally.

You have to pick one or the other, I understand that. The SC can make laws that affect all of us down to the water we might drink and the air we breathe and the killing of workers rights and access to affordable healthcare.

The concept of this country was to have individual states operate themselves without the federal government. The federal government was only to intervene when it came to national issues like the defense of this country and interstate commerce.

Since that time, the federal government has turned into a massive control center of the people. It is partially the judges that allowed this to happen. Now we rely on the federal government to take care of our poor, healthcare, housing, marital issues, race issues, environmental issues, retirement, food, water, you name it and the federal government has it's hands in it.

This is something I hope will stop in the future, and perhaps reverse itself. But that can never happen with Democrats in power be they in the Congress or in the courts.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress 1794

And yet Trump is telling CA what to do and is traveling all over holding rallies to get his base numbers up and bad mouthing Democrats. Seems Trump wants his cake and wants to eat it too.

What is Trump telling California to do that you disagree with?
Brown signed two pieces of legislation effectively banning the construction of any new offshore oil and gas pipelines in the state’s waters. The new laws are meant to thwart a Trump plan to open nearly 1.7 billion acres of coastal waters to drilling.

Just for starters. Florida got an exemption. Trump hates CA become Clinton won it.

`
When it comes to politics, I'm rather stoic. Personally, I've been involved in races close to home like governor and US senator. When it comes to governor, Tony Evers (D) is in a dead heat with Scott Walker (49 vs 44) Leah Vukmir (R) is getting blown away by democratic incumbent Tammy Baldwin.

I don't particularly like the democratic party but anything is better than the republicans, at least locally.

You have to pick one or the other, I understand that. The SC can make laws that affect all of us down to the water we might drink and the air we breathe and the killing of workers rights and access to affordable healthcare.

The concept of this country was to have individual states operate themselves without the federal government. The federal government was only to intervene when it came to national issues like the defense of this country and interstate commerce.

Since that time, the federal government has turned into a massive control center of the people. It is partially the judges that allowed this to happen. Now we rely on the federal government to take care of our poor, healthcare, housing, marital issues, race issues, environmental issues, retirement, food, water, you name it and the federal government has it's hands in it.

This is something I hope will stop in the future, and perhaps reverse itself. But that can never happen with Democrats in power be they in the Congress or in the courts.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

And yet Trump is telling CA what to do and is traveling all over holding rallies to get his base numbers up and bad mouthing Democrats. Seems Trump wants his cake and wants to eat it too.

Brown signed two pieces of legislation effectively banning the construction of any new offshore oil and gas pipelines in the state’s waters. The new laws are meant to thwart a Trump plan to open nearly 1.7 billion acres of coastal waters to drilling.

Just for starters. Florida got an exemption. Trump hates CA become Clinton won it.

No....Trump wants the money and jobs from making America the greatest energy producer in the world...

I want all judges to base their rulings on the law and the constitution judicial activism is not what they are on the bench for.

Their interpretation of it, you mean. I'm sure the second amendment never assumed for people to have assault weapons with huge cartridges.

Actually it was written so that citizens had equal firepower of their government.

No it was written to fight off Indians, the French and the British.

I want all judges to base their rulings on the law and the constitution judicial activism is not what they are on the bench for.

Their interpretation of it, you mean. I'm sure the second amendment never assumed for people to have assault weapons with huge cartridges.

Actually it was written so that citizens had equal firepower of their government.

….More ignorance.

No....Trump wants the money and jobs from making America the greatest energy producer in the world...

Why is Florida getting an exemption?

I’m sure the first amendment never foresaw social media and the internet either or 24/hour cable news.

You don't know what you are talking about...the 2nd Amendment does not create a Right, the Right was in existence before the Constitution was created....the Constitution put it in writing so that silly people like you could actually see it...in the hope that if you saw it in writing, you wouldn't have to think that hard to understand it...

I’m sure the first amendment never foresaw social media and the internet either or 24/hour cable news.

And if they could use the line of attack that the Founders didn't want us to have new guns, you can bet they would use it to attack social media freedom....

Politics.......

Politics.......

What about the Carolinas:
This is not a drill: North Carolina’s coast is threatened

And if they could use the line of attack that the Founders didn't want us to have new guns, you can bet they would use it to attack social media freedom....

So the real reason you love your weapons.

So the real reason you love your weapons.

No.....again.....we love freedom. The only way to ensure freedom is for the population of a country to be armed...so that we don't have 12 million innocent men, women and children sent to death camps by either our own government or invading armies.

Luaghing animated .gif

The rank and file voters want conservative judges

1. Guns

2.Abortion

3. To troll libs

The GOP establishment wants conservative judges because...corporations

`

So now you think the state has the right to control coastal waters for drilling?

The rank and file voters want conservative judges

1. Guns

2.Abortion

3. To troll libs

The GOP establishment wants conservative judges because...corporations

Actually we want constitutionalists and originalists to make those decisions. We don't need liberal judges creating things in the constitution that never existed such as Church and State, marriage, and government control of our healthcare.

Tilly and intolerant I want to know what you think you won?

The right has won the Supreme Court for the next generation, not because they are suddenly biased to the right, but because they are now securely biased toward the Constitution.

There will be two more nominations under Trump.

I want to know what you think you won?? Please list.

The means to prevent the Democrats from fundamentally changing the United States of America.

That happens through the states, not the federal judiciary.

And since you're such a Constitutionalist, then you know it's Congress that is the check on the court, not the other way around.

Enough states flipped from red to blue, and a solid progressive leaning Congress, and the federal judiciary is irrelevant. Decisions from the court don't mean anything if they are simply ignored by the majority of the states and the people.

A right leaning court does not equate to a right leaning country. As the population demographics continue to change the right leaning court is going to look out at a country that does not look like, or think like them.

I'm sure they will have interesting conversations with each other on how the whole country that is now operating without any regards to their decisions is all wrong, and they are right.

from them?? What do you think they will do??

Just list them:

like repealing Roe v. Wade

Allow insurance companies to opt out of birth control?

Make no laws concerning guns.

End SSM

Start saying prayers in public schools.

Get rid of public schools.

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

End all social programs , except for vets.

This ^ sounds about right. Except don't forget that "what goes around comes around"
Gotta get those lefties and some Clinton Revenge!
And he won't recuse himself from anything despite precedent.
Bart? Meh ..
Supreme Court justices recused themselves 180 times in most recent term

from them?? What do you think they will do??

Just list them:

like repealing Roe v. Wade

Allow insurance companies to opt out of birth control?

Make no laws concerning guns.

End SSM

Start saying prayers in public schools.

Get rid of public schools.

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

End all social programs , except for vets.
THREE Words;

RULE OF LAW...

Not the trampling of another's rights for the perceived slights of Social Justice where the accused must prove their innocence instead of the well founded Presumption of innocence.

This is first and foremost the most important point as our nations Constitution is based on this basic premise. We lose this our nation is dead...

Forum List

Back