Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

You don't seem to care who has them.

I find the police to be about the most violent and dangerous group of thugs around. I want the average citizen to be at LEAST as well armed as the police.

You promote and support a police state, as is the way of the left, so naturally you desire to disarm the populace.

Which murderer who shot up schools, theaters, military bases, etc. was a cop? You are obviously talking out your ample butt again. I'm just trying to tell you assault weapons need to be banned. Enough of your silliness already.

talking out your butt is far less dangerous than usurping Freedoms based solely upon emotions without regard for rational thought. You numbskull gun grabbers need tragedies like Columbine, and Sandy Hook to steal away people's Rights when they are compromised by their feelings... Which I find truly despicable.

No one needs a 30 round magazine.

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.

Except that the Second Amendment does not contain the word Musket numbskull. Who are you decide how individuals may, or may not exercise their Constitutional Rights? If you claim to support the Constitution the way it was intended, then what part of the Right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed do you find so difficult to grasp?

He's a leftie, he believes he has that right.

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

I do! You selling one?

I need one for my M-1.
30 rounds, 30-06 please and thank you!

Sorry dude, you are stuck with 8, but 8 with some class. I feel that whether or not a person needs 30 round or not is no ones business but theirs.

I find the police to be about the most violent and dangerous group of thugs around. I want the average citizen to be at LEAST as well armed as the police.

You promote and support a police state, as is the way of the left, so naturally you desire to disarm the populace.

Which murderer who shot up schools, theaters, military bases, etc. was a cop? You are obviously talking out your ample butt again. I'm just trying to tell you assault weapons need to be banned. Enough of your silliness already.

please define "assault weapon".....

The SCARY looking ones.. duh

I have an assault weapon, I haven't murdered anyone. You fail.

You told us , now run along and play.

Which murderer who shot up schools, theaters, military bases, etc. was a cop?

Are you kidding me?

{It is not hyperbole to say this is virtually a daily routine in America. It's considered so humdrum, so much background noise, that it is rarely reported beyond local newscasts and metro briefs. In the days bracketing the Aurora massacre, San Francisco police shot and killed mentally ill Pralith Pralourng; Tampa police shot and killed Javon Neal, 16; an off-duty cop shot Pierre Davis, 20, of Chicago; Miami-Dade police shot and killed an unidentified "stalking suspect"; an off-duty FBI agent shot an unnamed man in Queens; Kansas City police shot and killed 58-year-old Danny L. Walsh; Lynn police and a Massachusetts state trooper shot and killed Brandon Payne, 23, a father of three; Henderson police shot and killed Andy Puente Soto, 42, out in the desert wastes near Las Vegas.

These are some of the anonymous dead. Their names are occasionally afloat on seas of Internet data or in local news reports. Many are young, even very young; many are people of color; many are wanted by the police for one thing or another; some are crazy; some are armed; some, like Manuel Diaz, are not.}

Police Shootings Echo Nationwide | Mother Jones

The police kill dozens of people every day, but since George Soros doesn't tell you to be outraged, you don't know anything about it.

Police shooting, protests rock Los Angeles suburb - CNN.com

You are obviously talking out your ample butt again. I'm just trying to tell you assault weapons need to be banned. Enough of your silliness already.

You want the public disarmed so that dissent can be quelled without incident. You are of the anti-liberty left.

I support laws restricting felons from having weapons, and if you can prove in a court a person is mentally deficicent, they can and have been restricted as well.

I have no issue with quick background checks as well.

What I have an issue with is this percieved notion that if we ban a given type of weapon we will prevent criminals or people who just one day snap from causing harm to others.

And who the fuck are you to judge what I care about?

You asked me to find a Repub who want mentally unstable people owning or having access to guns.

Try and keep up.

Yes, he asked, and so did I. Technically you said "republicans wanted maniacs walking around with them (Children)". You have yet to give us the name of one.

I tell you what. Since tens of millions (if not hundreds of millions) of people have been killed by Marxism, I will agree to ban assault weapons if you will agree to ban Marxist philosophy from being taught in America.

And again, define an "Assault Weapon"

I'm bored with you again.

I think we all need to heed your sig line when dealing with you from now on.

Dismissed.

talking out your butt is far less dangerous than usurping Freedoms based solely upon emotions without regard for rational thought. You numbskull gun grabbers need tragedies like Columbine, and Sandy Hook to steal away people's Rights when they are compromised by their feelings... Which I find truly despicable.

"Never let a disaster go to waste."

Just as some clarification. Assault weapon is a made up term. The ACTUAL term is assault rifle and it has a VERY specific meaning

1. An overall length of at least 18"
2. Selective rate of fire
3. Fires a round larger than a pistol round but smaller than a crew sized weapon
4. Effective out to 300 yards
5. Capable of fully automatic fire

To my knowledge no such weapon has been used in any of the crimes we are discussing. Primarily I suspect because they are exceedingly difficult to get your hands on. I own two such weapons, and quite honestly I haven't fired neither of them in years nor even taken them out of the gun safe except to oil them yearly.

I'm a responsible gun owner, I own 57 guns in various calibers and shapes and sizes. I don't even hunt, just like to shoot on occasion, and several of them have special meaning to me. They are all , with the exception of a pistol and a shotgun, locked up in a gun safe that is only accessible with one of three fingerprints.

The simple fact is , if the government announced they were confiscating weapons, I would become an outlaw because I wouldn't turn mine over.

I'm not one of these nuts who talks shit about killing someone or some shit, my guns simply wouldn't be there when the government showed up to collect them.

Now tell me, WHO are my 57 guns hurting?

Let me add, that I am FOR registering ALL weapons. Those who say that is a violation of the COTUS are stupid and to be discounted.

The sadly ironic part of this whole debate is that most "gun crime" involves handguns. "Assault weapons" are used in so few violent crimes that, even if Congress could wave a magic wand and make them all disappear, the reduction of violent crime would be minimal at best.

Gun grabbers have it so ass-backwards that they aren't even banning the right guns.

The sadly ironic part of this whole debate is that most "gun crime" involves handguns. "Assault weapons" are used in so few violent crimes that, even if Congress could wave a magic wand and make them all disappear, the reduction of violent crime would be minimal at best.

Gun grabbers have it so ass-backwards that they aren't even banning the right guns.

Because it isn't about safety. It's about disarming people. One step at a time. Fact.

Why does anybody need a 30-round magazine?

Better question, why doesn't everyone have a 30-round magazine and properly trained to use it? Take the fight to terrorists both foreign and domestic.

Why does anybody need a 30-round magazine?

Better question, why doesn't everyone have a 30-round magazine and properly trained to use it? Take the fight to terrorists both foreign and domestic.

If only... :D

Someone threatens to take your toys away and you become unhinged. Just more proof why the average citizen doesn't need and shouldn't have a gun.

The average citizen is stupid. Are you equally prepared to say that they shouldn't have the right to speak freely? To vote? The average citizen is innocent. Shall we do away with their right to privacy a la the 4th amendment?

How many kids were killed using free speech? Thanks for missing the point.

You guys need to think your witty responses through before typing them out.

What about assault doctors, do you have a problem with them? How many millions of kids have to be murdered by assault doctors before they are banned? If it's all about saving the lives of kids, doctors whose only job is killing, need to to be banned. Nobody really needs to have an abortion.

Forum List

Back