Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

No one needs a 30 round magazine.

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.

And every american should be able to enjoy thier freedom of speech using a 1790's printing press, handwritten text on paper, or standing on the steps of city hall, nothing more.

Oh, and police can't search cars, even with a warrant, because cars were not around then. Come to think of it, planes didnt exist either.... PLANES ARE UNCONSITUTIONAL!!!

/sarcam.

This is where the thread should have ended. Nothing more was necessary.

Ok, good example. Only problem is I can think of an actual useful purpose in society for a hammer other than killing that people actually need hammers for. Can you say the same for semi-automatic weapons?

Yes, but you've already proven yourself to be to stupid to understand.

Didn't think you'd have an answer. Thanks for proving me right again.

You either have a comprehension problem or a retention problem. You've been answered by me as well as others repeatedly and you refuse to learn.

They have a right, the need is up to them.

I'm not arguing it's a right. I am arguing if it's a need. Because this is one "right" that is resulting in innocent people dying. Now that, isn't right.

yet you avoid questions where a semi-automatic would be needed......as in a gang attack....

and this is where your argument gets silly. Outside of movies the odds of an American needing a semi automatic weapon to protect him from multiple attackers is about the same as that same American needing a semi automatic weapon to protect himself from a lion.

I have two FULLY automatic weapons and they are locked up in a gun safe, I wouldn't even consider using them as home defense weapons even if multiple people attacked my home, which of course they won't.

There is no need to make up farcical scenarios in order to defend the right to own guns. Sheesh

The point is you want to ban something that is indeed protected in the constitution.. even if your feeble brain can not understand the language it was written in....

And even though I would love to see idiotic loudmouth liberals like yourself banned from speaking, your stance and right is also protected, regardless of my wish to have you shut up and go away.... But I fully understand and support the right as granted in the constitution, unlike you with the second amendment

Seems like the constitution is only good when it supports your opinion.. typical for a progressive

You all are not convincing anyone that assault weapons and magazine clips are good for anything but gunning down masses of people. At least some of these are going to be banned so you might want to give them up now and not risk the consequences.

I know I am sick to death of hearing about mass shootings. These innocents are in no way responsible for their collective fate because Republicans are crazy enough to want these maniacs walking around with them.

Find me a republican that wants mentally unstable people walking around with firearms, not to mention shooting up a school.

Hyperbole much?

The problem we have is you so called "solutions" do NOTHING to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals.

You don't seem to care who has them.

I'm sorry, which legit question of yours did I miss?

It wasn't a question. One was an answer to your question, the other was a response, an answer of sorts, to your point.

You said that you would be willing to give us the provisions of the Constitution as it was originally written. I stated that blacks and women couldn't vote, and the federal government couldn't usurp the rules and policies of the states aside from the provisions of the constitution at the time.

You want to go back to that do you? You cannot say that the 2nd Amendment ONLY is subject to that restriction.

Right, and amendments were made to fix those issues. Just as I would advocate for an amendment to restrict the types of guns that can be legally owned.

So, you agree that your argument about restricting guns to muskets is silly.

Great, in the military they should have those weapons. They're not needed to make car parts or run a farm the last time I checked.

They have a right, the need is up to them.

I'm not arguing it's a right. I am arguing if it's a need. Because this is one "right" that is resulting in innocent people dying. Now that, isn't right.

Ever try to shoot a ground hog by the way?
Nope, I have a day job.

No, the right to bear arms hasn't resulted in a single death ever.

You all are not convincing anyone that assault weapons and magazine clips are good for anything but gunning down masses of people. At least some of these are going to be banned so you might want to give them up now and not risk the consequences.

I know I am sick to death of hearing about mass shootings. These innocents are in no way responsible for their collective fate because Republicans are crazy enough to want these maniacs walking around with them.

Find me a republican that wants mentally unstable people walking around with firearms, not to mention shooting up a school.

Hyperbole much?

The problem we have is you so called "solutions" do NOTHING to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals.

I support laws restricting felons from having weapons, and if you can prove in a court a person is mentally deficicent, they can and have been restricted as well.

I have no issue with quick background checks as well.

What I have an issue with is this percieved notion that if we ban a given type of weapon we will prevent criminals or people who just one day snap from causing harm to others.

And who the fuck are you to judge what I care about?

Hyperbole much?

and many want NO ONE to have them.

At some point, some adults from both sides are going to have to stand up tell the children on their own side of the table to shut up and get together with the other side to come up with some solutions to fixing this country, or were fucked.
NEITHER is a viable solution.

I find the police to be about the most violent and dangerous group of thugs around. I want the average citizen to be at LEAST as well armed as the police.

You promote and support a police state, as is the way of the left, so naturally you desire to disarm the populace.

No one needs a 30 round magazine.

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.

Except that the Second Amendment does not contain the word Musket numbskull. Who are you decide how individuals may, or may not exercise their Constitutional Rights? If you claim to support the Constitution the way it was intended, then what part of the Right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed do you find so difficult to grasp?

yet you avoid questions where a semi-automatic would be needed......as in a gang attack....

and this is where your argument gets silly. Outside of movies the odds of an American needing a semi automatic weapon to protect him from multiple attackers is about the same as that same American needing a semi automatic weapon to protect himself from a lion.

I have two FULLY automatic weapons and they are locked up in a gun safe, I wouldn't even consider using them as home defense weapons even if multiple people attacked my home, which of course they won't.

There is no need to make up farcical scenarios in order to defend the right to own guns. Sheesh

criminals carry the same guns that the police use......semi-autos with large capacity....

why shouldn't the regular citizen as well....?

let me know how you feel about this after you've been attacked.....that is unless you're a spectacular marksman....:cool:

Why does anybody need a book promoting Marxism?

Why does anyone need a blog promoting wealth redistribution?

Why does anyone need a political party which wants to raise taxes?

I find the police to be about the most violent and dangerous group of thugs around. I want the average citizen to be at LEAST as well armed as the police.

You promote and support a police state, as is the way of the left, so naturally you desire to disarm the populace.

Which murderer who shot up schools, theaters, military bases, etc. was a cop? You are obviously talking out your ample butt again. I'm just trying to tell you assault weapons need to be banned. Enough of your silliness already.

Which murderer who shot up schools, theaters, military bases, etc. was a cop? You are obviously talking out your ample butt again. I'm just trying to tell you assault weapons need to be banned. Enough of your silliness already.

And again, define an "Assault Weapon"

Hyperbole much?

I support laws restricting felons from having weapons, and if you can prove in a court a person is mentally deficicent, they can and have been restricted as well.

I have no issue with quick background checks as well.

What I have an issue with is this percieved notion that if we ban a given type of weapon we will prevent criminals or people who just one day snap from causing harm to others.

And who the fuck are you to judge what I care about?

You asked me to find a Repub who want mentally unstable people owning or having access to guns.

Try and keep up.

please define "assault weapon".....

And again, define an "Assault Weapon"

I'm bored with you again.

Forum List

Back