Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

why does anyone need an 8 cylinder engine, or bedrooms when you only have two kids?

just becasue you have a 30 round magazine doesn't mean you are going to go out and shoot multiple people. heck, I empty a dozen or so 30 round clips shooting on the weekends. When I use the AK, I'll empty a 70 round drum a few times. No one ever got killed by it. When your shooting at a range an paying by the half hour you don't want to spend your time reloading a five round mag every 30 seconds. Yea, there are valid reasons people want to have larger capacity clips and have more than one of them. besides it being a constitutional right

"Never let a disaster go to waste."

What bothers me is that this is just such a convenient disaster. Obama and the totalitarians couldn't have asked for a more perfect disaster if they had planned it themselves....

Remember the last one they manufactured... Fast and Furious. Liberals are becoming quite proficient at getting people killed in the process of furthering their tyrannical agendas.

"Never let a disaster go to waste."

What bothers me is that this is just such a convenient disaster. Obama and the totalitarians couldn't have asked for a more perfect disaster if they had planned it themselves....
I was considering that the other day. It's almost too perfect.

If I thought this Administration could do anything more complicated than picking their own noses without royally fucking it up, I'd almost consider the possibility that it was a conspiracy.

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

Why does anyone actually think there is any difference between a shooter with 1 30 round clip, and one with 3 10 round clips?

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

Why does anyone actually think there is any difference between a shooter with 1 30 round clip, and one with 3 10 round clips?
Because nobody but a highly-trained soldier can possibly swap out a magazine in under ten minutes.

True story.

Cause Deer have 50 round magazines?

Since law is the answer, why not just pass a law making it illegal to kill people with a gun? That will solve the problem, right?

Bro you are missing the point. That law obviously already exists. The problem is that all the laws currently on the books would function perfectly and be effective if we just had 1 more law. This new law, is like, a super law, it can single handedly topple empires, wrestle biking lesbians, and gargle Kool-aid while juggling flaming chainsaws.

I was considering that the other day. It's almost too perfect.

If I thought this Administration could do anything more complicated than picking their own noses without royally fucking it up, I'd almost consider the possibility that it was a conspiracy.

It would be more a "false flag" operation than a conspiracy. But leftists would never slaughter children to promote their agenda.

Roe-v-Wade-protest.jpg

Whoa guys, animals have feelings too, they like the poor need protection from the rich, I say we ban hunting and guns! WHO'S WITH ME?

(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors

Because nobody but a highly-trained soldier can possibly swap out a magazine in under ten minutes.

True story.

I am going to guess you mean seconds, and that is pure and total horse shit. Changing a Magazine takes less than 2 seconds even for a novice shooter on most semi-auto Rifles and hand guns.

10 Seconds to change a mag? Please.

Whoa guys, animals have feelings too, they like the poor need protection from the rich, I say we ban hunting and guns! WHO'S WITH ME?

What I find tragic is that Liberals are far more concerned about Animals than people in the first place. It's OK to kill an inconvenient child, but threaten a seagull... Forget about it.

Cause Deer have 50 round magazines?

ever come across a wild pig in the woods?
I wouldn't want to meet one with any fewer than thirty rounds. Those bastards are mean and incredibly dangerous.

Yep. I use an AR platform in .308 with a 30 round magazine for hogs. I use a AR platform in .223 for varmints, with a 20 round magazine. I find them perfect tools for job.

On the other hand, this ain't about hunting!

True story.

I am going to guess you mean seconds, and that is pure and total horse shit. Changing a Magazine takes less than 2 seconds even for a novice shooter on most semi-auto Rifles and hand guns.

10 Seconds to change a mag? Please.
I was being facetious, but I guess I failed to make that come across. I don't get it, either. It doesn't take a whole lot of practice to learn to change mags in a relatively timely manner.

I have 10, 20, and 30 round clips... Anyone tried one of those C-mags?

Forum List

Back