Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

No one needs a 30 round magazine.

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.

Fuck off troll

You say you and your ilk NEED the monies of others... but nobody needs certain parts of gun weaponry to protect themselves, have sport, or hunt, or whatever else because it is scary to you.... it just shows how fucked up your ilk truly is

Solid response, no really.

Someone threatens to take your toys away and you become unhinged. Just more proof why the average citizen doesn't need and shouldn't have a gun.

you only become "unhinged" when you go out and shoot people......not voicing an opinion....

Actually, we could have ended this thread pages ago, as ScreamingFeeble already admitted that he doesn't actually need a 30 round mag.

Post #438

frankly it's not really about need......it's about my rights......

neverthless.....perhaps i'm a bad shot.....

....or maybe it makes me FEEL better.....:lol:

Damn......just read into my post any shit crap you feel like.....:rolleyes:

First of all......it's you loony liberals who claim people don't NEED large clips (mags) without giving any rational reason yourselves......while you TOTALLY IGNORE our Constitutional Rights....(not to mention the article i posted that explains reasons for larger clips)

Second.....there are many good reasons to have large clips....here's 10 off the top of my head....

1. Cops have large clips......The People should too....

2. Criminals have large clips.....The People should too....

3. Most people are not very good shots.......they need the extra rounds to protect themselves.....

4. There may be situations where one doesn't have an extra clip available.....just what's in the gun

5. It sometimes takes way more than one or two hits to actually stop someone....you might even have to empty a full clip into a drugged-up crazy...

6. If you are attacked by a group a larger clip could be a life saver.....

7. More bullets = more protection

8. Limiting the size of a clip is NOT going to stop a bad guy with a gun.....only a good guy with a gun will stop him....

9. Large gun clips don't hurt people......people hurt people....

10. Limiting the size of gun clips is just another unconstitutional step toward full Government gun control...

is that enough for you......? probably not.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"-- Thomas Jefferson

Why do you guys keep quoting the very same founder who completely changed his mind about armed revolt after the French revolution..and when he had a chance to fight for his home?

He ran away instead.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SJ0xR2_bQ]Monty Python Holy Grail The tale of Sir Robin - YouTube[/ame]

Senator Dianne Feinstein's latest divide-and-conquer attack on the Second Amendment has made even Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) a sucker for the argument that private citizens do not need high-capacity magazines. These include not only 30-round rifle magazines, but 17-round magazines for handguns like the Glock.

Why does anybody need a high capacity magazine? If Senator Manchin were to educate himself by, for example, attending Front Sight's four-day defensive handgun class, he would learn the two primary answers:

(1) Failure to stop the aggressor
(crazies will not stop)

(2) Multiple aggressors
(gang bangers don't play nice)

Read more: Articles: Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

They showed a clip of a guy shooting an assault weapon with a 30 round on a news program this morning. All they have to do is show that thing over and over and plenty of people will understand why nobody needs one.

Extremely powerful weapon, the guy was barely holding onto it. There is no good reason why citizens need this type of automatic weapon. Your excuses are stupid and so are you.

Sarah.....if they take those away from the regular People.....will they also go in and take them away from the guys who we know will use them against anyone who gets in their way.....your friendly neighborhood Gang Bangers and Mob types out there?......and if you say yes......why havent they already done so?......getting rid of these people will make everywhere safer.....

I support the constitution the way the founding fathers intended it to be. Every American should be able to own a musket, nothing more.

ok.....show where the word ARMS means just Muskets.....

Common sense is all that is needed.

why don't you start showing some?.....instead of trying to restrict the law abiding Citizens....why don't you go after those who use guns everyday to shoot people?....i don't even hear these low life's mentioned in these arguments.....and you know damned well,they wont adhere to anything you restrict.....instead i hear ....."they have rights"......violent people should be the ones who have their rights taken away.....not the law abiding non-violent person.....all the gun violence right now in Chicago and none of these Anti-Gun advocates are talking about Gun violence by Gangs nationwide.....as Spock would say......"Fascinating".....

ok.....show where the word ARMS means just Muskets.....

Common sense is all that is needed.

why don't you start showing some?.....instead of trying to restrict the law abiding Citizens....why don't you go after those who use guns everyday to shoot people?....i don't even hear these low life's mentioned in these arguments.....and you know damned well,they wont adhere to anything you restrict.....instead i hear ....."they have rights"......violent people should be the ones who have their rights taken away.....not the law abiding non-violent person.....all the gun violence right now in Chicago and none of these Anti-Gun advocates are talking about Gun violence by Gangs nationwide.....as Spock would say......"Fascinating".....

This^^^

Automatic weapons didn't exist when the 2nd amendment was written, dumb ass.

you do know the AR 15's you want to ban are not automatic weapons don't you?

and what part of the machine gun was invented in 1718 don't you get? and what part of a gun that fired 20 rounds in 5 seconds don't you get? thats faster that the AR-15 that was used. face it bro, your ignorance got the better of you. learn some history and stop looking so foolish. over, done, you lost this one

The first automatic machine gun -- the Gatling gun -- wasn't invented until the 1860s. A modified musket is not an automatic machine gun, and anyway, the 2nd amendment wasn't written to allow modified muskets to be in the hands of every citizen. And your AR-15 doesn't make you part of a well-regulated militia. Nice try, though.

LOL, More lib fail. Learn some history boy. Now again, show me where the 2nd amendment places any limitations. Oh , it doesn't

Yep.

Check the constitution.

The Congress can call forth the militia to suppress insurrection.

The Constitution does NOT ALLOW A MILITIA NOT UNDER CONGRESSIONAL CONTROL TO ATTACK THE GOVERNMENT.

Got it?

Maybe you should read it without the assistance of your ideological glasses... Because you have completely missed the premise of the Second Amendment, and why it was written.

No..I am reading it without YOUR ideological glass and in clear text.

And in context.

There is NOTHING and I mean nothing..either implied or explicit that allows for armed rebellion.

That's what you folks project into it..because of your hatred for America and Americans.

You postulate you can shoot folks you don't like..and it's constitutional.

It's not.

Can you show where there is something implied or explicit that denies it?

What part are you missing?

The constitution specifically states..and in CLEAR ENGLISH, that they are under congressional control.

The constitution makes no mention of an "unorganized" militia.

None.

Nadda.

I'm not missing anything. What are you missing?

The founders would never have created a document that would enslave people, since they fought that very thing?

They did not say in the second amendment

That actually believe it or not said.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And well regulated does not mean regulated by the government, Historically speaking it means as expected in working order.

The Constitution does not have a amendment, clause, word or letter that allows for armed rebellion.

And..it does have several clauses that allows the government to squash them.

Like they did in the Whiskey rebellion.

Like they did in the Civil War.

care to show us those clauses?

The United States of America would not exist without Rebelion against the government. Thats a fact

To shoot 30 zombies once or 15 zombies with a head and chest shot each?

xisx1zyweqt5yzes.jpg

Just as the poor do not need cell phones, flat panel televisions, designer clothing,junk food, a bedroom for each child they have in section 8 housing. ...ect.

its called wanting something.

Forum List

Back