Why does everyone love Reagan so much?

Reagan did not write all his speeches...
you have a link?

Peggy Noonan

She was a primary speech writer and Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan.

In 1984, Noonan, as a speechwriter for President Reagan, authored his "Boys of Pointe du Hoc" speech on the 40th anniversary of D-day. She also wrote Reagan's address to the nation after the Challenger explosion, drawing upon the poet John Magee's famous words about aviators who "slipped the surly bonds of earth... and touched the face of God." The latter is ranked as the eighth best American political speeches of the 20th century, according to a list compiled by professors at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Texas A&M University and based on the opinions of "137 leading scholars of American public address." The "Pointe du Hoc" speech ranks as the 58th best speech of the century.

She also worked on a tribute Reagan gave to honor John F. Kennedy at a fundraising event held at the McLean, Virginia, home of Senator Edward M. Kennedy in the spring of 1984.

The founders were not friendly to corporations...

stupid stupid idiot liberal has learned and forgot 100 times that back then corporations were extortionist govt monopolies, not the Apples and Googles that invent the wonderful new products we all can afford and stand in line to buy!

Stupid ass kiddie liberals, don't understand the Reagan legacy, we had up to him so many hell hole years, the guy brought the country up. All Obama did is drag us down

Good thing we have great governors like Nikki and Scott otherwise this country would suck.

The 1980s sucked just as much as the 1970's did, on balance.

We love Reagan because he the most conservative president and so the most like our Founders.

Did our founding fathers believe in a welfare queen mentality...spend with money borrowed from our children and grandchildren...?

Reagan's best acting job. Shill for the greedy idiot rich and corporations, wrecked the nonrich and the country, see sig. And allowed the worst propaganda machine in our history, producing the disgraceful hater dupe. Made blaming the poor acceptable. Also wrecked the ME and made us hated around the world- we're damn lucky he didn't bring back the USSR hardliners with his idiotic bluster...

Reagan..... made us hated around the world-..
A statue to former US president Ronald Reagan, who is highly respected in Poland for having helped hasten the fall of the Iron Curtain, was unveiled by Communist-era opposition icon Lech Walesa in Warsaw yesterday.

"Let us bow before Ronald Reagan for the fact that our generation was able to bring an end to the great divisions and conflicts of the world," Mr Walesa said in a ceremony in the heart of the Polish capital Warsaw.

"What happened seemed impossible or unthinkable. The older generations still remember," the Nobel Peace laureate said.

A handsome, stylized 'park bench' monument dedicated to Cold War victor Ronald Reagan was unveiled in the former Soviet republic of Georgia yesterday. The country's pro-Western, American-educated president Mikhail Saakashvili proclaimed that the work 'deserves a place in the heart of Tblisi' as he and his countrymen seek to honor Reaganfor 'destroying the Soviet empire'. He also took the opportunity to lament what he sees as Vladimir Putin's attempts torestore that lost empire.

Reagan ended the cold war and very possibly saved humanity from nuclear annihilation; 2 billion live under freedom today, who would be starving to death under the communism that Reagan understood and hated so much! The Democrats spied for Communism and wanted peaceful coexistence or detente because they lacked the IQ to understand what it really was! Without Reagan, Gorbechev would not have known what the alternative was! Reagan said, "Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall" HIs moral clarity, the Stinger missiles that he personally gave to Afghanistan, and Star Wars (the ABM system we still desperately need today) inspired the death of the USSR !!

On the domestic front Reagan also had moral clarity! He said, "isn't welfare a form of slavery" Then "welfare as we know it" was ended. Moreover, he and Newt got 34 States to sign a Balanced Budget Amendment that would have prevented all the domestic problems we face today because of Democratic fiscal irresponsibility. Moreover, if the Balanced Budget had been passed we would no longer be plagued by the Democratic Party as we know it! IF the Democrats could no longer subvert our democracy by buying votes with promises of ever expanding welfare programs they would instantly disappear!! Further: Reagan slashed taxes from a 70% top bracket in 1981 to 28% in 1986. That resulted in 20 million jobs being created between 1983 - 1989, a doubling of the amount of revenue going into government coffers, and a wave of prosperity that America rode from 1983 until 2001 with only a small pause at the end of the George Bush Sr.'s term.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

-- Ronald Reagan

Reagan's best acting job. Shill for the greedy idiot rich and corporations, wrecked the nonrich and the country, see sig. And allowed the worst propaganda machine in our history, producing the disgraceful hater dupe. Made blaming the poor acceptable. Also wrecked the ME and made us hated around the world- we're damn lucky he didn't bring back the USSR hardliners with his idiotic bluster...

ah good Franco hater hater pub pub LOL duper dupe is back from studying for his GED. Do you get to the class where you learn that Rush did not invent conservatism yet??

Gorby wrecked the USSR. Georgia? lol. Just a little biased...
yes dear Gorby wrecked USSR
after Republicans Thatcher, Walensa, and Pope taught him capitalism. Liberals were busy spying for USSR not providing alternative.

Do you have IQ to understand or you didn't get that far in your GED class?

No one gives a rats ass if you on the left don't care about Reagan. that was 25 YEARS AGO. you all can stew in your hate of him for the rest of you miserable lives for all we care. go spew on him at Hufferpuffer or stinkprogess. they'll welcome your brand of hate with open arms because they all have that inside them too

it's not an honorable trait any of you should be proud of . but the people can't stand your Dear Leader so you have to spew hate on someone. I don't know how some of you live with yourselves. you harbor so much hate for people no matter if they had any bearing on your pathetic lives or not. I mean look at you people and Rush Limbaugh, Fox news, Sarah Palin and the list is so long it would take me day to list them all

No one gives a rats ass if you on the left don't care about Reagan. that was 25 YEARS AGO. you all can stew in your hate of him for the rest of you miserable lives for all we care. go spew on him at Hufferpuffer or stinkprogess. they'll welcome your brand of hate with open arms because they all have that inside them too

it's not an honorable trait any of you should be proud of . but the people can't stand your Dear Leader so you have to spew hate on someone
We still have his tax rates and policies wrecking the country, and his propaganda machine wrecking your brains, hater dupes.

I liked Reagan the man, after all he did vote for FDR, and was a union leader at one time, but I didn't like Reagan the president. In addition I felt sorry for him, as he was reported to have said "I forget" 124 times in the Iran affair hearings.

Why does everyone love Reagan so much?

Everyone doesn't. Especially the ones who know the truth.

Seriously, I can't understand that. He was arming Iran illegally, vetoed an anti-Apartheid act, gave amnesty to three million immigrants and raised taxes. Not to mention that he had Alzheimer's and was basically just a living vegetable by the end of his second term. And now Reagan is a role model for Scott Walker (who criticizes Obama for Iran nuclear deal). Isn't it hypocritical?
Reagan...courage, charisma, character, confidence. Obama ...fearful, feminine, befuddled, fragile.
Reagan told former Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir that while in the US Army, he filmed the liberation of Nazi concentration camps while he was stationed in Europe. He told the exact same story many times to prominent people throughout his life. The only problem was that Reagan never left Culver City. Never. He spent the entire war there.

In November 1983, he told Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir during a White House visit that while serving in the U. S. Army film corps, his unit had shot footage of the Nazi concentration camps as they were liberated. He repeated the same tale to Nazi hunter Simon Wiesenthal and other witnesses. Reagan had indeed served in the Army and worked on morale-boosting movies for the War Department. But he had done so without ever leaving Hollywood for the entire duration of the war.

President Reagan The Role of a Lifetime - Lou Cannon - Google Books

And then there was former President Ronald Reagan’s claim that he had witnessed the liberation of Nazi concentration camps after the war. Actually, he was never overseas. Reagan, a biographer wrote, worked in an Army film unit and “spent weeks processing raw color footage from the liberation of the Nazi concentration camps,” so years later he “imagined” having been there.

Mistelling war stories Brian Williams taking a cue from Clinton Reagan and Civil War generals - The Washington Post

it's not an honorable trait any of you should be proud of . but the people can't stand your Dear Leader so you have to spew hate on someone. I don't know how some of you live with yourselves. you harbor so much hate for people no matter if they had any bearing on your pathetic lives or not. I mean look at you people and Rush Limbaugh, Fox news, Sarah Palin and the list is so long it would take me day to list them all

The only hate spewed here is every one of your posts. They are always seething with hate.

it's not an honorable trait any of you should be proud of . but the people can't stand your Dear Leader so you have to spew hate on someone
We still have his tax rates and policies wrecking the country, and his propaganda machine wrecking your brains, hater dupes.

Yep, He lowered taxes on the super rich and gave them tons of loop holes. Now the rich get richer and richer on the backs of the poor. It isn't like the republican party gives two shits...

On the otherhand, Reagan wasn't for tiny little piece of shit government as he did invest in science and infrasatructure....Like all others before him. Little tiny piece of shit government is a joke!

Ronnie, the puppet president...

"Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Reagan couldn't tell the difference."
Mort Sahl

Thank You Mr. President - 49 second video

Helen-Thomas-Feb-08_4_1.jpg

Reagan and the press...

When President Reagan first took over the oval office, we would throw questions at President Reagan, and he would answer them.

Well, his three top aides were apoplectic. They didn't know what was coming out of his mouth. They taught the president to say "“this is not a press conference"”, and they had him quite trained on that.

And one day we asked him what was happening, and he said to us: “"I can’t answer that". We said ‘why’?

"“Because they won’t let me”", he pointed to Baker, Meese and Deaver standing behind, very grim.

“They won’t let me”…? I said, ‘but you’'re the President’…...

Forum List

Back