Why does the media always blame the driver when a pedestrian gets hit?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
The Pedestrian is not at fault at all? Even if they are over 21?

People in 2017 just don't pay attention to what the fuck they are doing when crossing the street.

Media is annoying

I have a friend who was hit by a car. He was cited for public intoxication.

Your friend was the driver?
NO. He walked in front of the car. Laid up for months, but it taught him a lesson.

Right so even the driver was drunk it's up to the pedestrian to pay attention to what they are doing when crossing the street. Not all on the driver, drunk or not

People in 2017 just don't pay attention to what the fuck they are doing when crossing the street.

Media is annoying
I never hit a pedestrian, BUT...legally (speaking also as a pedestrian) pedestrians usually have the right of way...usually. If they take a dive in front of you to commit suicide or are texting (same thing), not much of a reason not to hit the buggers.

Media is annoying
I never hit a pedestrian, BUT...legally (speaking also as a pedestrian) pedestrians usually have the right of way...usually. If they take a dive in front of you to commit suicide or are texting (same thing), not much of a reason not to hit the buggers.

I was taught at a young age to look both ways before crossing a street.

Also if you are crossing a street that a car is trying to turn on it makes sense to look at the driver first and either wait or look so that you can let the driver know u are crossing

Media is annoying
Pedestrians are mostly immigrants

Media is annoying

Also if you are crossing a street that a car is trying to turn on it makes sense to look at the driver first and either wait or look so that you can let the driver know u are crossing

FBJ: "I was taught at a young age to look both ways before crossing a street."

Of course you were but that has never stopped you from playing in traffic and look what happened.

Maybe some day you will learn.

Media is annoying

FBJ: "I was taught at a young age to look both ways before crossing a street."

Of course you were but that has never stopped you from playing in traffic and look what happened.

Maybe some day you will learn.

I can't afford to get hit by a car because I like being on my own and making money

I get hit and my life is over

Pedestrians always have the right-away, because they are the most vulnerable. I don't know if that has changed, but morons on phones are falling into fountains and down steps and into construction barriers. Hardly the fault of a driver or the fountain...

Pedestrians always have the right-away, because they are the most vulnerable. I don't know if that has changed, but morons on phones are falling into fountains and down steps and into construction barriers. Hardly the fault of a driver or the fountain...
Not true. Just as my friend was cited, as he should have been, so would anyone not practicing safety in a road be cited. Why do you think the "jay walking" law came about?

My sister in law accidently let her Golden Retriever out of her car and the dog charged out. It ran through traffic on the expressway and she ran after it. The driver would not be cited if he had hit her.

Media is annoying
Pedestrians are mostly immigrants

We don't have that much immigrants walking around here but at least once a month a white kid getting hit for not paying attention.

I've traveled around the globe but countries like in south/central america and asian countries most don't have such thing as ........... Pedestrians right of way.
They don't even respect the stop signs or signal lights, cross walk, jump over concrete barriers, passengers get on/off the bus/jeepney while it's in motion, drove on the side walks, drive like maniacs. It's crazy.

And yet they have less accidents. Why? They are very attentive and alert. Third world countries likes and follows what we do here.............. With the outburst of cellphones maybe that will change in very near future.

Media is annoying

Its true, kind of irritating to see these people crossing a busy street, talking on their phone and looking in the opposite direction of traffic. They have a lot of faith or something.

Forum List

Back