Why does the right defend the wealthy class

My neighbor isn't a different class of person simply because he makes more or less money than I do. Class divisions are a figment of the imagination of politicians trying to divide us.
While Pubs have been killing you and your friends and family for 30 years. See sig for 30 years of voodoo.

Obama has done nothing to help the middle class.

You really are stupid.

I'll, again, invite you to refrain from posting. You do nothing but piss off the adults making it harder to have a rationale conversation.

KEEPING US OUT OF A SECOND GOP GREAT DEPRESSION? Lowering the deficits by 2/3rds? Having 17+ million insured? Having 12+ million PRIVATE sector jobs created since hitting Bush's bottom the same month as Obamacares was passed?

NOTHING? lol

More Than 9 Million Newly Insured
Posted on February 13, 2014

Top Democrats, including President Obama, have credited the Affordable Care Act for more than 9 million Americans obtaining health insurance. But that’s an exaggerated figure that includes individuals who renewed their existing insurance plans through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. It also includes previously insured individuals who switched to plans offered on the state and federal exchanges.

In early January, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said “right now, as we speak, there are 9 million Americans … who have health care that didn’t have it before.” Later that month, in his State of the Union address, President Obama said “because of the Affordable Care Act … more than 9 million Americans have signed up for private health insurance or Medicaid coverage.” And on Feb. 9, Dick Durbin, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, increased the figure, saying that “[t]he bottom line is this: 10 million Americans have health insurance today who would not have had it without the Affordable Care Act.”

When Reid made his claim, the 9 million Americans included: 2.1 million who had selected plans on the federal or state insurance marketplaces, or exchanges; 3.9 million who were determined to be eligible for Medicaid and CHIP; and an estimated 3.1 million young adults under the age of 26 who were able to join their parents’ policies as a result of the ACA.

Indeed, a Feb. 5 report from Avalere Health, a health care industry consulting firm, estimated that most of the Medicaid and CHIP determinations were not new enrollees due to the law. Avalere estimated that between 1.1 million and 1.8 million enrolled because of the health care law. The firm compared the October through December Medicaid and CHIP numbers from CMS to the average monthly number of applications in July through September 2013.

Around 17 million people have gained health insurance since the core of ObamaCare took effect in 2013, according to a RAND Corp. study released Wednesday.

The study finds that 22.8 million people signed up for coverage between September 2013 and February 2015, while 5.9 million lost coverage, leading to a net gain of 16.9 million.

17 million gained coverage under ObamaCare, study finds

Thom Hartmann: How America Killed Its Middle Class

Not a big fan of Alternet.....but this one makes a statement I think begs a question.

Piketty is right, especially about the importance of high marginal tax rates and inheritance taxes being necessary for the creation of a middle class that includes working-class people. Progressive taxation, when done correctly, pushes wages down to working people and reduces the incentives for the very rich to pillage their companies or rip off their workers. After all, why take another billion when 91 percent of it just going to be paid in taxes?

This is the main reason why, when GM was our largest employer and our working class were also in the middle class, CEOs only took home 30 times what working people did. The top tax rate for all the time America's middle class was created was between 74 and 91 percent. Until, of course, Reagan dropped it to 28 percent and working people moved from the middle class to becoming the working poor.

#############################

So, as we continue to let the rich just go nuts...what is it that isn't there to prevent them.

Why does the far right vote to protect the interest of the rich ?

The answer lies, in part, in the fact that the far left is no better. First, they suck off the rich like others.

Next, they won't make a rational case. They need conservatives to join them. And yet they, like some of the assholes on this board, do nothing but antagonize them.

And the rich just eat it up......

######################################

This thread originally got moved to Europe because I led in with an article about the European middle class.

But the comparison is bright as the day is long.

I bash the left.

I bash the right.

Regardless, this is a huge issue in my mind.

Now, if the left starts squawking about how the rich screw them over...I'd ask how they get away with it. They only get away with it because the government protects them.

The right yells...hands off. But this article flies in the face of that.

Democrats: Rich people criticizing other rich people for being rich.

We like the wealthy because we plan on being wealthy some day. It's called planning, idiot.

I'm O.K. with the wealthy too.

What does economics tell you about wealth ? It says that when people find a way to make money..others join in. Well, unless the first guy manages to secure his position and hold off new entrants.

If you plan to be wealthy, then I have to wonder if you'll then skew the playing field after you've gotten there.
My neighbor isn't a different class of person simply because he makes more or less money than I do. Class divisions are a figment of the imagination of politicians trying to divide us.
While Pubs have been killing you and your friends and family for 30 years. See sig for 30 years of voodoo.

You really are stupid.

I'll, again, invite you to refrain from posting. You do nothing but piss off the adults making it harder to have a rationale conversation.

KEEPING US OUT OF A SECOND GOP GREAT DEPRESSION? Lowering the deficits by 2/3rds? Having 17+ million insured? Having 12+ million PRIVATE sector jobs created since hitting Bush's bottom the same month as Obamacares was passed?

NOTHING? lol

Top Democrats, including President Obama, have credited the Affordable Care Act for more than 9 million Americans obtaining health insurance. But that’s an exaggerated figure that includes individuals who renewed their existing insurance plans through Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. It also includes previously insured individuals who switched to plans offered on the state and federal exchanges.

In early January, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said “right now, as we speak, there are 9 million Americans … who have health care that didn’t have it before.” Later that month, in his State of the Union address, President Obama said “because of the Affordable Care Act … more than 9 million Americans have signed up for private health insurance or Medicaid coverage.” And on Feb. 9, Dick Durbin, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, increased the figure, saying that “[t]he bottom line is this: 10 million Americans have health insurance today who would not have had it without the Affordable Care Act.”

When Reid made his claim, the 9 million Americans included: 2.1 million who had selected plans on the federal or state insurance marketplaces, or exchanges; 3.9 million who were determined to be eligible for Medicaid and CHIP; and an estimated 3.1 million young adults under the age of 26 who were able to join their parents’ policies as a result of the ACA.

Indeed, a Feb. 5 report from Avalere Health, a health care industry consulting firm, estimated that most of the Medicaid and CHIP determinations were not new enrollees due to the law. Avalere estimated that between 1.1 million and 1.8 million enrolled because of the health care law. The firm compared the October through December Medicaid and CHIP numbers from CMS to the average monthly number of applications in July through September 2013.

Around 17 million people have gained health insurance since the core of ObamaCare took effect in 2013, according to a RAND Corp. study released Wednesday.

The study finds that 22.8 million people signed up for coverage between September 2013 and February 2015, while 5.9 million lost coverage, leading to a net gain of 16.9 million.

So who denied they 'gained" coverage? Even my FactCheck article points that out. But much of it was not new people buying insurance for the first time. Most of it was the expansion of the gravy train.

Only liberals would celebrate more government dependents in our country. It's how they buy votes.

We like the wealthy because we plan on being wealthy some day. It's called planning, idiot.

What does economics tell you about wealth ? It says that when people find a way to make money..others join in. Well, unless the first guy manages to secure his position and hold off new entrants.

If you plan to be wealthy, then I have to wonder if you'll then skew the playing field after you've gotten there.

You really are stupid.

NOTHING? lol

So who denied they 'gained" coverage? Even my FactCheck article points that out. But much of it was not new people buying insurance for the first time. Most of it was the expansion of the gravy train.

Only liberals would celebrate more government dependents in our country. It's how they buy votes.

leading to a net gain of 16.9 million.

You really are stupid.

NOTHING? lol

Aug 12, 2015 - For the first time in more than 50 years, the CDC reported that more than 90% of Americans have health insurance.

CDCUninsured.png

You really are stupid.

NOTHING? lol

Because they were forced to.

NOTHING? lol

Exactly.

It's like if I became Mayor of my city. I like the color green, so I insist that all houses in my city are painted the color green. If you don't want your house green, then I take a baseball bat and whack your legs.

So then the media comes along and I brag how much people in my city liked my idea of painting their houses green.

Last edited:

NOTHING? lol

Good, I'm tired of CONservatives supporting free loaders!

Exactly.

It's like if I became Mayor of my city. I like the color green, so I insist that all houses in my city are painted the color green. If you don't want your house green, then I take a baseball bat and whack your legs.

So then the media comes along and I brag how much people in my city liked painting their houses green.

LMAOROG

Moron

You really are stupid.

NOTHING? lol

September 24, 2014, 7:56 AM
Many Americans still lack health insurance

Although the rolls of the uninsured have dropped dramatically since the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, took effect in January, a nagging 15 percent of the population remains uninsured, according to a new survey sponsored by the
Transamerica Center for Health Studies

. Still, the percentage of Americans without health coverage has dropped markedly from 22 percent to 15 percent over the past 11 months, according to the poll of 2,624 adults under the age of 64.

It's worth noting that the U.S. Census Bureau normally does a good analysis of changes in insurance coverage from year-to-year, but the government recently changed its survey methodology, which made year-to-year comparisons impossible. The government data, which was released in August, found that 86.6 percent of the population had health insurance during 2013 and just 13.4 percent had no coverage.

However, the government uses a narrow definition of what constitutes an insured person. If you had insurance at any time during the year, the Census Bureau now considers you insured. Someone who was covered for a month or two, but lost a job and is no longer covered, would still appear insured via the Census formula. The government's methodology only considers people to be uninsured if they had no coverage at any point during the year.

This method of changing statistics to your favor is also known as COOKING THE BOOKS!

NOTHING? lol

Although the rolls of the uninsured have dropped dramatically since the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, took effect in January, a nagging 15 percent of the population remains uninsured, according to a new survey sponsored by the

. Still, the percentage of Americans without health coverage has dropped markedly from 22 percent to 15 percent over the past 11 months, according to the poll of 2,624 adults under the age of 64.

It's worth noting that the U.S. Census Bureau normally does a good analysis of changes in insurance coverage from year-to-year, but the government recently changed its survey methodology, which made year-to-year comparisons impossible. The government data, which was released in August, found that 86.6 percent of the population had health insurance during 2013 and just 13.4 percent had no coverage.

However, the government uses a narrow definition of what constitutes an insured person. If you had insurance at any time during the year, the Census Bureau now considers you insured. Someone who was covered for a month or two, but lost a job and is no longer covered, would still appear insured via the Census formula. The government's methodology only considers people to be uninsured if they had no coverage at any point during the year.

This method of changing statistics to your favor is also known as COOKING THE BOOKS!

Let me guess, The GOP's plan: LET THEM DIE, QUICKLY?

NO REASON THE US DOESN'T HAVE UHC L;IKE EVERY OTHER INDUSTRIALIZED NATIONS!

You CAN'T find ONE poll EVER that ANY UHC nation wants US style H/C. Weird right? lol

You CAN'T find ONE poll EVER that ANY UHC nation wants US style H/C. Weird right? lol

Yes, that is very weird. But since I'm a patient at the world renown Cleveland Clinic, and also have a sister that works there, I can testify that all the world VIP's come to the US to get quality healthcare they can't find in Socialist medical care countries.

In fact, Canada spends over 1 billion dollars a year to have their citizens treated in the US that they can't care for. Sure, socialist healthcare is great for a cold, a broken arm, something in your eye. But they lag behind the US in treating serous illnesses in a timely way.

So if you found out you had cancer, would you rather be treated here, or in Cuba or Russia?

Liberals/Socialists/Progressives/Communists hate both the middle class and the working class because...

they HATE the "wealthy class".

Go back to school you stupid fuck. :slap:

If you look at my posting history...that isn't me.

I am not a progressive.

But the article raises an issue I've had for a long time. The wealthy class link up with the governing class and together they screw us.

There is tons of money in D.C. It's a huge rapefest.

there are very wealthy liberals such as George Soros, Warren Buffett. A significant portion of the wealthy are very left of center. Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates are two more. They and others benefit from laws that allow business's to pay immigrant workers half of what American citizens would make. This is true in agriculture, tech jobs and other areas. Much of the multinational business class are not right of center.
This is informative. But supporting reference would be appreciated.
George Soros, Warren Buffett, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates - how much more do you need. These are extremely well known billionaires. Gates is the richest man in the world.

Obviously. That's been the GOP plan for years.

Good, I'm tired of CONservatives supporting free loaders!

Hey retard, if they are getting free healthcare from the government guess what? They are freeloaders. Just how fucking stupid are you?

Exactly.

So then the media comes along and I brag how much people in my city liked painting their houses green.

LMAOROG

Moron

No idiot, he's right and you lose yet AGAIN.

How you are so stupid and still be able to use a computer, now THAT is the mystery.

Well dunbass, since I've been in healthcare for 33 years now, I have seen the rich from every country in the world come HERE for their healthcare. They can afford to pay to get away from the horror show that is UHC where they come from. They tell me that they would come here for everything but there are many drugs and procedures they require that the FDA won't allow us to do here.

No charge for the education, you're welcome.

Yes, that is very weird. But since I'm a patient at the world renown Cleveland Clinic, and also have a sister that works there, I can testify that all the world VIP's come to the US to get quality healthcare they can't find in Socialist medical care countries.

In fact, Canada spends over 1 billion dollars a year to have their citizens treated in the US that they can't care for. Sure, socialist healthcare is great for a cold, a broken arm, something in your eye. But they lag behind the US in treating serous illnesses in a timely way.

So if you found out you had cancer, would you rather be treated here, or in Cuba or Russia?

As I just stated, I too have seen exactly that. I've been a Heath Care professional for 33 years. I see that quite frequently.

One other thing I have been told by those who come here is that they would like to come here for many other things but there are drugs and procedures in their countries that the FDA won't allow here.

THE RICH COME TO THE US? And?

Feb 23, 2015 - "Medical tourism" refers to traveling to another country for medical care. It's estimated that up to 750,000 US residents travel abroad for care

CDC Features - Medical Tourism

Forum List

Back