Why does the right defend the wealthy class

September 24, 2014, 7:56 AM
Many Americans still lack health insurance

Although the rolls of the uninsured have dropped dramatically since the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, took effect in January, a nagging 15 percent of the population remains uninsured, according to a new survey sponsored by the
Transamerica Center for Health Studies

. Still, the percentage of Americans without health coverage has dropped markedly from 22 percent to 15 percent over the past 11 months, according to the poll of 2,624 adults under the age of 64.

It's worth noting that the U.S. Census Bureau normally does a good analysis of changes in insurance coverage from year-to-year, but the government recently changed its survey methodology, which made year-to-year comparisons impossible. The government data, which was released in August, found that 86.6 percent of the population had health insurance during 2013 and just 13.4 percent had no coverage.

However, the government uses a narrow definition of what constitutes an insured person. If you had insurance at any time during the year, the Census Bureau now considers you insured. Someone who was covered for a month or two, but lost a job and is no longer covered, would still appear insured via the Census formula. The government's methodology only considers people to be uninsured if they had no coverage at any point during the year.

This method of changing statistics to your favor is also known as COOKING THE BOOKS!

Let me guess, The GOP's plan: LET THEM DIE, QUICKLY?

NO REASON THE US DOESN'T HAVE UHC L;IKE EVERY OTHER INDUSTRIALIZED NATIONS!

You CAN'T find ONE poll EVER that ANY UHC nation wants US style H/C. Weird right? lol

Well dunbass, since I've been in healthcare for 33 years now, I have seen the rich from every country in the world come HERE for their healthcare. They can afford to pay to get away from the horror show that is UHC where they come from. They tell me that they would come here for everything but there are many drugs and procedures they require that the FDA won't allow us to do here.

No charge for the education, you're welcome.
Of course, shyttehead, we have the best care anywhere for millionaires. But the poor have been dying for years, not to mention middle class getting killed by scam Pub policies. NO MORE.

Wrong as usual, Shit for Brains. In 33 years I'd say about 60% of my patients were poor, few died.
You just don't get smarter over time, do you retard?

Janitors have lots of contact with patients huh?

ZZZzzzzzzzz......

So who denied they 'gained" coverage? Even my FactCheck article points that out. But much of it was not new people buying insurance for the first time. Most of it was the expansion of the gravy train.

Only liberals would celebrate more government dependents in our country. It's how they buy votes.

leading to a net gain of 16.9 million.

17 million gained coverage under ObamaCare, study finds

Although the rolls of the uninsured have dropped dramatically since the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, took effect in January, a nagging 15 percent of the population remains uninsured, according to a new survey sponsored by the

. Still, the percentage of Americans without health coverage has dropped markedly from 22 percent to 15 percent over the past 11 months, according to the poll of 2,624 adults under the age of 64.

It's worth noting that the U.S. Census Bureau normally does a good analysis of changes in insurance coverage from year-to-year, but the government recently changed its survey methodology, which made year-to-year comparisons impossible. The government data, which was released in August, found that 86.6 percent of the population had health insurance during 2013 and just 13.4 percent had no coverage.

However, the government uses a narrow definition of what constitutes an insured person. If you had insurance at any time during the year, the Census Bureau now considers you insured. Someone who was covered for a month or two, but lost a job and is no longer covered, would still appear insured via the Census formula. The government's methodology only considers people to be uninsured if they had no coverage at any point during the year.

This method of changing statistics to your favor is also known as COOKING THE BOOKS!

You CAN'T find ONE poll EVER that ANY UHC nation wants US style H/C. Weird right? lol

Well dunbass, since I've been in healthcare for 33 years now, I have seen the rich from every country in the world come HERE for their healthcare. They can afford to pay to get away from the horror show that is UHC where they come from. They tell me that they would come here for everything but there are many drugs and procedures they require that the FDA won't allow us to do here.

Absolutely. I'm a truck driver here in Cleveland on the northern border. Many times I run across other drivers from Canada and we get to talking.

So I question them about socialized healthcare in Canada. Younger people love it because they get treated without question. Older drivers told me "keep what you have, you don't want our system."

From what I gather, serious illnesses are put on the back burner due to cost. In fact Canada uses cancer drugs we stopped using over 20 years ago because of cost of better medicine that we currently use.

In socialized healthcare, everybody gets treated. It's just a matter of how good the treatment is and when you get it. A hip replacement can take over six months to get elsewhere. In the meantime, they load you with pain killers until you get the ability to have the problem addressed.

I have recently developed a heart condition that I need treatment for. It only took me a week to get an appointment for treatment which I will be getting at the end of this week. I can't imagine being in a country with socialized medical care where I might have to wait several months, and then no choice as to who works on me.

Living in the USA, I have the confidence that I'm going to be treated at one of the best facilities in the world with the most advanced techniques.

Everything you say is true, I have heard it all. At this very moment I am recovering from back surgery. I blew out a disk on Thursday, saw my spine guy in Friday, got drugs to last me the weekend (Dilaudid rocks), got an epidural steroid on Monday, an MRI on Tuesday, and even though he doesn't ever schedule surgery on Wednesday (golf I guess) he was so concerned for me he did it. I stayed two nights and one day in the hospital, and I'm getting stronger every day.

The total cost out of my pocket was $275, btw.

Of course, shyttehead, we have the best care anywhere for millionaires. But the poor have been dying for years, not to mention middle class getting killed by scam Pub policies. NO MORE.

Wrong as usual, Shit for Brains. In 33 years I'd say about 60% of my patients were poor, few died.

Janitors have lots of contact with patients huh?

ZZZzzzzzzzz......

Acceptable+for+you+to+be+an+idiot.jpg

I'm O.K. with the wealthy too.

What does economics tell you about wealth ? It says that when people find a way to make money..others join in. Well, unless the first guy manages to secure his position and hold off new entrants.

If you plan to be wealthy, then I have to wonder if you'll then skew the playing field after you've gotten there.
Around 17 million people have gained health insurance since the core of ObamaCare took effect in 2013, according to a RAND Corp. study released Wednesday.

The study finds that 22.8 million people signed up for coverage between September 2013 and February 2015, while 5.9 million lost coverage, leading to a net gain of 16.9 million.

So who denied they 'gained" coverage? Even my FactCheck article points that out. But much of it was not new people buying insurance for the first time. Most of it was the expansion of the gravy train.

Only liberals would celebrate more government dependents in our country. It's how they buy votes.

Because they were forced to.

Good, I'm tired of CONservatives supporting free loaders!

Hey retard, if they are getting free healthcare from the government guess what? They are freeloaders. Just how fucking stupid are you?

He pegs the meter.

Thanks for your dumbass anecdote, but Harvard said 45k died a year directly from having no insurance. Because they DIDN'T GO GET HELP, or got it too late. NO MORE.

They also had to go on welfare to get Medicaid. NO MORE.

Typical ivory tower medico. Absolutely clueless. My father was a surgeon who was for "socialized" medicine since 1940... One in a million. Most are ignorant GOP a-holes like you.

The harvard study was blown out of the water a long time ago.

Even their own people said it was a big bib stretch.

Not to mention you dickweeds can't produce any bodies.

You are the clueless asshole.

Get off the thread. You bring nothing to the discussion.

Absolutely. I'm a truck driver here in Cleveland on the northern border. Many times I run across other drivers from Canada and we get to talking.

So I question them about socialized healthcare in Canada. Younger people love it because they get treated without question. Older drivers told me "keep what you have, you don't want our system."

From what I gather, serious illnesses are put on the back burner due to cost. In fact Canada uses cancer drugs we stopped using over 20 years ago because of cost of better medicine that we currently use.

In socialized healthcare, everybody gets treated. It's just a matter of how good the treatment is and when you get it. A hip replacement can take over six months to get elsewhere. In the meantime, they load you with pain killers until you get the ability to have the problem addressed.

I have recently developed a heart condition that I need treatment for. It only took me a week to get an appointment for treatment which I will be getting at the end of this week. I can't imagine being in a country with socialized medical care where I might have to wait several months, and then no choice as to who works on me.

Living in the USA, I have the confidence that I'm going to be treated at one of the best facilities in the world with the most advanced techniques.

Everything you say is true, I have heard it all. At this very moment I am recovering from back surgery. I blew out a disk on Thursday, saw my spine guy in Friday, got drugs to last me the weekend (Dilaudid rocks), got an epidural steroid on Monday, an MRI on Tuesday, and even though he doesn't ever schedule surgery on Wednesday (golf I guess) he was so concerned for me he did it. I stayed two nights and one day in the hospital, and I'm getting stronger every day.

The total cost out of my pocket was $275, btw.
Glad you're connected. Get some rest. You sound like all the nurses I've known, now all disabled. As my mother the Royal Nurse said, where are the orderlies?

Thanks for your dumbass anecdote, but Harvard said 45k died a year directly from having no insurance. Because they DIDN'T GO GET HELP, or got it too late. NO MORE.

Typical ivory tower medico. Absolutely clueless. My father was a surgeon who was for "socialized" medicine since 1940... One in a million. Most are ignorant GOP a-holes like you.

Hey stupid, do you realize that you didn't refute my post? Is it that you cannot read above a 3rd grade level or that you don't have the mental ability to understand the crap you posted?
I sure as hell did, stupid. The poor that got help weren't the problem- until their lives were ruined trying to pay. People shouldn't have to decide on ruin or death...

Hey stupid, I never said they didn't. So
My question remains unanswered: is it that you have problems with reading comprehension? Or is it that you just don't bother to read? Hurry up and answer because your stupidity is giving me a headache and I don't know how much more I can tolerate.

You can forget him.

He does nothing but crapp, piss and ejaculate on a thread.

Dupes...duh....Obama is god....duhhhhhhh

I have him on ignore. Saves sorting through the meaningless posts he puts up.

The harvard study was blown out of the water a long time ago.

Even their own people said it was a big bib stretch.

Not to mention you dickweeds can't produce any bodies.

You are the clueless asshole.

Get off the thread. You bring nothing to the discussion.
Hilarious. I know 2 people who died because they refused to go on welfare to get Medicaid. Harvardians said no such thing, hater dupe.

Hey stupid, do you realize that you didn't refute my post? Is it that you cannot read above a 3rd grade level or that you don't have the mental ability to understand the crap you posted?
I sure as hell did, stupid. The poor that got help weren't the problem- until their lives were ruined trying to pay. People shouldn't have to decide on ruin or death...

My question remains unanswered: is it that you have problems with reading comprehension? Or is it that you just don't bother to read? Hurry up and answer because your stupidity is giving me a headache and I don't know how much more I can tolerate.

You can forget him.

Typical RWer can't handle the truth. Gets violent lol.

O.K. folks

Back to the assertion of the OP.

While I don't think the rich are evil, there is a very natural tie to government (and hence power).

Economic power is political power and vice versa.

What say ye.

You can forget him.

I'm O.K. with the wealthy too.

What does economics tell you about wealth ? It says that when people find a way to make money..others join in. Well, unless the first guy manages to secure his position and hold off new entrants.

If you plan to be wealthy, then I have to wonder if you'll then skew the playing field after you've gotten there.
Around 17 million people have gained health insurance since the core of ObamaCare took effect in 2013, according to a RAND Corp. study released Wednesday.

The study finds that 22.8 million people signed up for coverage between September 2013 and February 2015, while 5.9 million lost coverage, leading to a net gain of 16.9 million.

Obviously. That's been the GOP plan for years.

No, it has not been...and I am not GOP.

But in your case, I think I'd call for an exception.

Hopefully, you don't have kids...not get off the thread.

You can forget him.

Obviously. That's been the GOP plan for years.

No, it has not been...and I am not GOP.

But in your case, I think I'd call for an exception.

Hopefully, you don't have kids...not get off the thread.
Eat shytte and die, hater dupe. What are you, a Nazi? Hilarious. Oh, right. Dems=socialists=Nazis. For those born yesterday.

Got anything but stupid talking points and insults? Typical Pubtroll.

O.K. folks

Back to the assertion of the OP.

While I don't think the rich are evil, there is a very natural tie to government (and hence power).

Economic power is political power and vice versa.

What say ye.
Especially Pubs after Citizens United and all their destruction of campaign finance laws. AND their giant propaganda machine. A disgrace.

Canadians live longer and their system costs half as much. But thanks for the anecdotal irrelevance. Old people complain.

Totally meaningless unless you can prove that longevity is directly related to healthcare.

In our country we eat much crappier food than those in other countries. We also have a higher murder rate--particularly among teens which greatly lowers our average lifespan. Plus we are more diverse than Canada and minorities have a much shorter lifespan. More people drive in our country than take other means of transportation so many of all ages die in traffic accidents.

So don't take about others bringing up anecdotal evidence if you're going to do the same.

Forum List

Back