Why don't we support minimum wage for the undocumented?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
It is a fact that farm workers, who are mostly illegal, do not have to be paid min wage. I also think that many people employed illegally are not being paid min wage like their American counterparts . Why shouldn't migrant farm workers get paid the same min wage as everyone else?

It is a fact that farm workers, who are mostly illegal, do not have to be paid min wage. I also think that many people employed illegally are not being paid min wage like their American counterparts . Why shouldn't migrant farm workers get paid the same min wage as everyone else?
You're kidding, right? ... Seriously, you are joking, aren't you? In my opinion, they should be paid absolutely NOTHING, to force them back across the border to where they came from. Let someone in their home country pay them high wages and maybe they'd stay home and nor come here. Do you realize what they're costing the American taxpayers? They get food stamps, education, health care, housing assistance, and all paid for by you and me. We pay to have Bi-lingual signs and publications made and printed, we pay for Bi-lingual teachers, social workers, 911 operators, border patrol, and for the enormous cost to our legal system.

They get treated better than our Vets, and still want more. They take jobs that would otherwise go to U.S. citizens, and they are responsible for illegal drugs and crimes. They bring medical issues into this country, and what do we get out of all of it? Exactly how do we benefit from millions of illegal immigrants living and working in this country? Is there a net gain that we, the legal citizens, realize from their presents? Pay them NOTHING, and hope and pray they can find their way back to the border. And, after they leave, take the money that we were using for their benefit, and fix our rundown infrastructure, fund R&D for alternative energy sources, help the VETS and the elderly, the disabled and the poor, and invest in the future of this nation.

Spend American tax dollars to benefit and help Americans. Force businesses and corporate America to use American labor to produce and service our markets. Use tax dollars to encourage industrial growth, thus providing living wage opportunities for all education and skill levels like it was back in the 50's and 60's. Invest in our children's and grand children's future, and allow our work force to produce what America uses and consumes. Why idle our work force by hiring illegals, then expect Americans to survive off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks? In my opinion, your post is a joke, a pathetic joke. I hope that you intended it to be just that, a joke.

I approve. That's hard work and I like veggies and nicely cut lawns.

• Banned
You're kidding, right? ... Seriously, you are joking, aren't you? In my opinion, they should be paid absolutely NOTHING, to force them back across the border to where they came from. Let someone in their home country pay them high wages and maybe they'd stay home and nor come here. Do you realize what they're costing the American taxpayers? They get food stamps, education, health care, housing assistance, and all paid for by you and me. We pay to have Bi-lingual signs and publications made and printed, we pay for Bi-lingual teachers, social workers, 911 operators, border patrol, and for the enormous cost to our legal system.

They get treated better than our Vets, and still want more. They take jobs that would otherwise go to U.S. citizens, and they are responsible for illegal drugs and crimes. They bring medical issues into this country, and what do we get out of all of it? Exactly how do we benefit from millions of illegal immigrants living and working in this country? Is there a net gain that we, the legal citizens, realize from their presents? Pay them NOTHING, and hope and pray they can find their way back to the border. And, after they leave, take the money that we were using for their benefit, and fix our rundown infrastructure, fund R&D for alternative energy sources, help the VETS and the elderly, the disabled and the poor, and invest in the future of this nation.

Spend American tax dollars to benefit and help Americans. Force businesses and corporate America to use American labor to produce and service our markets. Use tax dollars to encourage industrial growth, thus providing living wage opportunities for all education and skill levels like it was back in the 50's and 60's. Invest in our children's and grand children's future, and allow our work force to produce what America uses and consumes. Why idle our work force by hiring illegals, then expect Americans to survive off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks? In my opinion, your post is a joke, a pathetic joke. I hope that you intended it to be just that, a joke.

Some fre marketers might think that the undocumented have a competitive edge to their American counterparts since they can work at a lower wage. Eliminating the exception might mean that farmers, who actually do well, might hire an American citizen since they both have to be paid the same. Thus removing the migrant worker from employment. I Suspect some con might do that for that reason.

• Banned

To hard for white people. As a democrat, I support this racist message.

Some fre marketers might think that the undocumented have a competitive edge to their American counterparts since they can work at a lower wage. Eliminating the exception might mean that farmers, who actually do well, might hire an American citizen since they both have to be paid the same. Thus removing the migrant worker from employment. I Suspect some con might do that for that reason.
It's all a money game, nothing more. If illegals asked for the same pay as American workers, there would be a lot of unemployed illegals. They get paid very well here compared to what they would get paid in their home country. And, businesses LOVE the cheap labor. It's all money money money money, nothing more.

White, black, yellow, or pink, it's an economic issue, and NOT a race or nationality issue. It's simple economics, nothing more. Race, color, nor nationality comes into play, unless one wants to fabricate some sort of bias and prejudice concerning the issue. It's ECONOMICS, period.

Too hard, and you're correct.

I also think that many people employed illegally are not being paid min wage like their American counterparts . Why shouldn't migrant farm workers get paid the same min wage as everyone else?

Since by your own statement they are employed illegally, instead of worrying about paying them minimum wage, why shouldn't they and their employers be subject to enforcement of the law? Instead of rewarding them for breaking the law, why not treat them like the rest of us and make them obey the law?

Simple: since they're not citizens, they aren't entitled to the rights that come with citizenship. Since minimum wage is mandatory for citizens, cheap people take advantage of them and pay them as little as possible.

This exact situation is a perfect example of why a minimum wage is good thing. Without it, people trample the underprivileged .

Yippee ki yay for the untamed, wild west free markets! :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back