Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for other people's medical care?

...the subject is the question: Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for someone else's healthcare?"

And yet again I'll tell you Yes, I know.

Those are one-syllable words. Why do you have so much trouble understanding them?

And my answer is: because I am not responsible for anyone but myself.

Fan-fucking-tastic. So you'll live and die alone. No spouse, no children, no concern about your elderly parents. Good for you.

And no need to keep repeating yourself in this thread, but I suspect you will anyway.

Knock yourself out.

...the subject is the question: Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for someone else's healthcare?"

And yet again I'll tell you Yes, I know.

Those are one-syllable words. Why do you have so much trouble understanding them?

And my answer is: because I am not responsible for anyone but myself.

Fan-fucking-tastic. So you'll live and die alone. No spouse, no children, no concern about your elderly parents. Good for you.

And no need to keep repeating yourself in this thread, but I suspect you will anyway.

Knock yourself out.

So you admit that your idiotic rant about the patient care I provide at work was irrelevant. About time moron.

Right now there is someone who requires immediate medical care. That care will only be provided for payment. That someone has no money to pay it. You do. Are you not morally obligated to ensure that they receive the care they need?
Go to the ER... They can't legally turn you down.

And then their costs are passed on to gullible people like you who'd rather pay higher hospital and clinic costs than accept the fact that the PPACA isn't going away, no matter how much you cry.

Right now there is someone who requires immediate medical care. That care will only be provided for payment. That someone has no money to pay it. You do. Are you not morally obligated to ensure that they receive the care they need?

Rather pay for the guy's healthcare so he can keep working filling in potholes than not, and have him out sick instead of doing that job. :)
If he's filling potholes, he's probably employed by the local municipality and has access to affordable health insurance.

These days, the people with the mindset "If I get sick I'll go to the ER" and who then try to kite on the bill are the assholes who refuse to get insurance, like our boy "Obiwan."

Oh, yeah, it's OBI who's running around expecting others to pay his way. Uh-huh.

Love watching liberals screech accusations at others for their own sins.

Rather pay for the guy's healthcare so he can keep working filling in potholes than not, and have him out sick instead of doing that job. :)
If he's filling potholes, he's probably employed by the local municipality and has access to affordable health insurance.

These days, the people with the mindset "If I get sick I'll go to the ER" and who then try to kite on the bill are the assholes who refuse to get insurance, like our boy "Obiwan."

And scamming the medical industry when they charge $750/pill for a drug that used to be $17 is immoral because...?

I do so love that fresh, new-mown hay smell one gets from straw men.

The fact that I am in medicine has nothing to do with me having to pay for someone else's care. I have no obligation to do so.

But you'd refuse care to someone who couldn't pay.

Ohmigod, I am so sick of ignorant leftist conflation of "if you don't give me money to pay for things, you are preventing me from having them!"

Big difference between a medical person refusing to provide care, and refusing to pay for someone else to provide it. Duhhh.

You conveniently forgot to respond to the question.

I didn't forget. I'd have thought the tenor of my posts to date would give you a clue to my belief that healthcare is a subset of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Not to mention that the PPACA has had a salubrious effect on the overall economy as well as individual Americans' ability to take care of their health.

Well, let's approach it this way. What, if anything, do you think is an individual's sole responsibility to provide for himself, with no recourse whatsoever to picking the pockets of others via the government?

I'm not even going to address the absurdity of "Look how spiffy the economy is now!"

[QUOTE="Hossfly]
What's wrong with not wanting to pay for some deadbeat's Free Shit? I worked for my money for my benefit, not freeloaders.

Is that your one-size-fits-all response to everything? Because it's not a good fit for this topic. Try again.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, "It's my money, and those people are deadbeat freeloaders" is TOTALLY off-topic for a thread entitled "Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for other people's medical care?" :lmao:

Nothing funnier than a shitforbrains liberal trying to pretend to intellectual superiority. It's like a dog putting on a suit and walking on his hind legs.

Should I be forced to sell my car or live in a smaller house or work an extra 3 hours a week in order to pay for the med care of someone I don't even know?
Hey, Two Thumbs, would you consider this a hypothetical or a lie?

He also alters responses he doesn't like.

In the case of your posts, I'm just weed-whacking the bullshit to get to the relevant part.

Interesting way of saying, "I'm going to lie."

I didn't forget. I'd have thought the tenor of my posts to date would give you a clue to my belief that healthcare is a subset of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Not to mention that the PPACA has had a salubrious effect on the overall economy as well as individual Americans' ability to take care of their health.

Ah ... the high road. How noble of you.
So which must I sacrifice for those I don't even know? Sell my car? Move to a smaller house? Work a few extra hours a week? All three? Anything else?

Just pay your insurance premiums. Or are you another one who doesn't understand how insurance works?

Whew, that's a relief.
I thought we were talking about taxing me to cover the med care of those who aren't responsible enough to carry their own health insurance.

Oh, my bad. I thought you were an American.

Non-sequitur much?

The fact that I am in medicine has nothing to do with me having to pay for someone else's care. I have no obligation to do so.

Ohmigod, I am so sick of ignorant leftist conflation of "if you don't give me money to pay for things, you are preventing me from having them!"

Big difference between a medical person refusing to provide care, and refusing to pay for someone else to provide it. Duhhh.

He's quite the idiot, is he not?

He's quite the idiot, is he not?

Cecelie's a "he"?

Summing up, some people here apparently don't understand that prior to passage of the PPACA, they were already paying for other people's healthcare - in increased hospital and clinic costs that were passed along to them from people who went to the ER and were unable or unwilling to pay the four- to five-figure bill.

PredFan claims to be "in medicine," but doesn't know that? Amazing.

Then again, PredFan doesn't seem to know how to work the PM function, either.

Forum List

Back