Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for other people's medical care?

Should I be forced to sell my car or live in a smaller house or work an extra 3 hours a week in order to pay for the med care of someone I don't even know?
Hey, Two Thumbs, would you consider this a hypothetical or a lie?

You conveniently forgot to respond to the question.

He also alters responses he doesn't like.

In the case of your posts, I'm just weed-whacking the bullshit to get to the relevant part.

No you aren't. You're full of shit. You said something stupid and I called you on it. Then you altered my response to cover your mistake and redirect the argument elsewhere. You are a piece of shit liar.

Should I be forced to sell my car or live in a smaller house or work an extra 3 hours a week in order to pay for the med care of someone I don't even know?

In the case of your posts, I'm just weed-whacking the bullshit to get to the relevant part.

No you aren't. You're full of shit. You said something stupid and I called you on it. Then you altered my response to cover your mistake and redirect the argument elsewhere. You are a piece of shit liar.
get over it and move on

No you aren't.

I did not alter your response. I simply saved the important part and discarded the flaming...just as I did this time.

If you're hellbent on proving me a liar, you need to start proving it. With facts, not screaming fits.

Otherwise one might be inclined to wonder why you're avoiding discussing the topic.

Does it embarrass you that, as a medical professional, you have in fact provided something for nothing to patients who can't afford your services? Or is it the fact that these patients now have access to affordable care that makes you so angry?

get over it and move on

Fuck off.

No you aren't.

I did not alter your response. I simply saved the important part and discarded the flaming...just as I did this time.

If you're hellbent on proving me a liar, you need to start proving it. With facts, not screaming fits.

Otherwise one might be inclined to wonder why you're avoiding discussing the topic.

Does it embarrass you that, as a medical professional, you have in fact provided something for nothing to patients who can't afford your services? Or is it the fact that these patients now have access to affordable care that makes you so angry?

You just lied again liar.

You want to discuss the topic do you? Then why did you change it? The topic is do I have the moral responsibility to pay for someone else's healthcare?

The answer is no. Your attempt to switch it to me refusing to take care of my patients was an irrelevant diversion.

Have I gotten through your thick skull yet moron?

You want to discuss the topic do you?

Yes. You haven't denied treating patients who can't pay (despite its endangering your "street cred" among your fellow travelers), so we can subsume that subtopic into the main topic if you'd like.

What aspect of denial of care (which, among other things, the PPACA has had an impact on) would you like to discuss next? Shall we keep it in the realm of finance, or can we discuss how insurers used to deny coverage for preexisting conditions?

Because preexisting conditions are no respecter of how much money you make.

Whattaya say?

Right now there is someone who requires immediate medical care. That care will only be provided for payment. That someone has no money to pay it. You do. Are you not morally obligated to ensure that they receive the care they need?

It depends. But the question has no bearing on whether you should be legally required to do so.

Right now there is someone who requires immediate medical care. That care will only be provided for payment. That someone has no money to pay it. You do. Are you not morally obligated to ensure that they receive the care they need?

It depends. But the question has no bearing on whether you should be legally required to do so.
Of course it has bearing.

Only if you believe government is responsible for mandating morality.

You denying laws have a moral basis and justification? Does the government mandate morality when it threatens the death penalty for certain crimes? Is it saying to others 'this is wrong' and punishable because it is morally wrong?

I'm not saying the government should be in charge of all morality, but to deny as you have done, that morality has no bearing on whether something should become law is....

well you figure it out

You denying laws have a moral basis and justification? Does the government mandate morality when it threatens the death penalty for certain crimes? Is it saying to others 'this is wrong' and punishable because it is morally wrong?

I'm not saying the government should be in charge of all morality, but to deny as you have done, that morality has no bearing on whether something should become law is....

well you figure it out

I think I have. For a society to remain free, government must avoid mandating morality and, instead, protect our rights. Murder isn't illegal because it's immoral or because it's a sin. It's illegal because it violates the rights of the person murdered.

I think I have. For a society to remain free, government must avoid mandating morality and, instead, protect our rights. Murder isn't illegal because it's immoral or because it's a sin. It's illegal because it violates the rights of the person murdered.
It isn't immoral to violate somebody's rights? If so, then what would you use in place of morality?

It isn't immoral to violate somebody's rights?
It might be. It might not be. Depends on your morals. In any case, I didn't say it wasn't immoral to violate someone rights. I said government shouldn't be concerned with morality. It should protect our freedom to make our own moral judgements.

It isn't immoral to violate somebody's rights?
It might be. It might not be. Depends on your morals. In any case, I didn't say it wasn't immoral to violate someone rights. I said government shouldn't be concerned with morality. It should protect our freedom to make our own moral judgements.

You do know the founding fathers believed the government ought to be involved in morality?

Yes. You haven't denied treating patients who can't pay (despite its endangering your "street cred" among your fellow travelers), so we can subsume that subtopic into the main topic if you'd like.

What aspect of denial of care (which, among other things, the PPACA has had an impact on) would you like to discuss next? Shall we keep it in the realm of finance, or can we discuss how insurers used to deny coverage for preexisting conditions?

Whattaya say?

I thought you wanted to talk about the subject nit wit? Let me remind your malfunctioning brain of what the subject is:

"Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for other people's medical care?"

Whattaya say?

I thought you wanted to talk about the subject...?

As my post indicated. So what have you got? Just more flames, or something of substance?

Whattaya say?

I thought you wanted to talk about the subject...?

As my post indicated. So what have you got? Just more flames, or something of substance?

For the last time you stupid fuck, the subject is the question: Why exactly are you unwilling to pay for someone else's healthcare?"

And my answer is: because I am not responsible for anyone but myself.

If you try to change it to something else AGAIN, then you can just take your lying stupid ass elsewhere.

Forum List

Back