Why hasn't Michael Grimm been arrested for assault?

Democrat Chicago mayor and former Obama insider assaulted reporter Michael Hastings in 2012 in front of a crowd and nobody on the right or left called for his arrest. All of a sudden the radical left becomes hyper sensitive about a republican who said harsh words and wants him arrested. The double standard at work or the only way democrats can hope to gain a seat?

Come on you lefties. You must be desperate. A couple of years ago democrat Va. rep Jim Moran assaulted a Black child after accusing him of carjacking. Lefties snickered when the statute of limitations expired when a credible victim accused Bill Clinton of rape. Al Sharpton organized a mob that set fire to a Harlem clothing store and killed about a dozen people. Carlos Danger exposed himself to any young girl on the internet. Sharp words directed at a reporter might be hurtful to their delicate egos but shit happens.

You're pathetic.

And was the reporter in reasonable fear of immediate injury? The reporter doesn't act that way. He wasnt actually thrown over the balcony. I would think if he was really afraid he would press charges, or at least have mentioned it.

If you are standing on the edge of a balcony and someone threatens to throw you off that balcony......is that a reasonable fear of immediate injury?
Was Grimm laughing and joking when he said it or was he enraged?

That is reasonable

But was the reporter in fear? Did he really expect him to do that? I wouldn't even if he is that angry. Last thing I would expect is a Congressman to throw me off the balcony with the press and countless others around.

The question on whether he was in reasonable fear is one only the reporter can answer. If he was, he had every right to file charges against the Congressman. If not, then he can't. It's up to him. No one else who was there can determine whether the report was truly afraid without him saying so.

Last thing I would expect is for a Congressman to threaten to throw me off a balcony

No, the reporter will not file charges. He will just allow Grimm to twist in the wind as his political career evaporates

If you are standing on the edge of a balcony and someone threatens to throw you off that balcony......is that a reasonable fear of immediate injury?
Was Grimm laughing and joking when he said it or was he enraged?

That is reasonable

But was the reporter in fear? Did he really expect him to do that? I wouldn't even if he is that angry. Last thing I would expect is a Congressman to throw me off the balcony with the press and countless others around.

The question on whether he was in reasonable fear is one only the reporter can answer. If he was, he had every right to file charges against the Congressman. If not, then he can't. It's up to him. No one else who was there can determine whether the report was truly afraid without him saying so.

Last thing I would expect is for a Congressman to threaten to throw me off a balcony

No, the reporter will not file charges. He will just allow Grimm to twist in the wind as his political career evaporates

I heard an update on Fox and Friends this morning that the two are scheduled to have lunch together next week.

I heard an update on Fox and Friends this morning that the two are scheduled to have lunch together next week.

LOL, Fox and Friends? That explains much.

That said, did you see the look in the eyes of the reporter when Grimm returned and said he's break him in half? Fear.

LOL, Fox and Friends? That explains much.

That said, did you see the look in the eyes of the reporter when Grimm returned and said he's break him in half? Fear.

Actually I watched the video and couldn't even make out what he was saying. The only reason I knew what he said was because of subtitles.

Just don't take a table on the balcony

Just don't take a table on the balcony

Hopefully that happens before Grimm is sent to Rikers.

New York Rep. Michael Grimm threatens reporter after being asked about fundraising allegations

There was an assault in the U.S. Capitol and the Capitol police do nothing?

WTF?

Did Grimm touch the guy? Or just threaten to throw him off a balcony? I've made plenty of idle threats like that before, is it an arrestable offense? They only thing the guy was assaulted by was hot air. Stop trying to spin this into something serious.

On the other hand, why hasn't Obama been arrested for his transgressions against American citizens? Why do lawmakers and Capitol police sit there and do nothing? Remember, Obama has a pen and a phone.

New York Rep. Michael Grimm threatens reporter after being asked about fundraising allegations

There was an assault in the U.S. Capitol and the Capitol police do nothing?

WTF?

Did Grimm touch the guy? Or just threaten to throw him off a balcony? I've made plenty of idle threats like that before, is it an arrestable offense? They only thing the guy was assaulted by was hot air. Stop trying to spin this into something serious.

On the other hand, why hasn't Obama been arrested for his transgressions against American citizens? Why do lawmakers and Capitol police sit there and do nothing? Remember, Obama has a pen and a phone.

The Law in Washington DC:

There are three forms of misdemeanor assault (that is, simple assault) in Washington, D.C. First, there is “attempted battery assault” which occurs when the defendant injures or attempts to injure another person. The second form, “intent-to-frighten” assault, is defined as a threatening act that puts another person in reasonable fear of immediate injury. Finally, “non-violent sexual touching assault” is the intentional touching of another person’s body without the other person’s consent. The touching in this third form must be on a part of the other person’s body that “would cause fear, shame, humiliation or mental anguish in a person of reasonable sensibility if done without consent.”
Simple Assault in Washington, DC: Attempted Battery Assault, Intent to Frighten Assault, and Sexual Touching Assault | Koehler Law

Sticks and stones? Words are words. People should not face threat of prosecution for statements. This country has fallen into a victim state where everybody wants everyone to get along and agree. If you say something mean you should see a judge? Please. Grow a pair America.

Maybe Obama should step in and they have a beer summit at the White House, that is what the President likes to do, step in on the important matters of our nation.

Sticks and stones? Words are words. People should not face threat of prosecution for statements. This country has fallen into a victim state where everybody wants everyone to get along and agree. If you say something mean you should see a judge? Please. Grow a pair America.

That is what the reporter probably thought...no harm, no foul

Besides, he has already ended the guys career. Not a time to overplay your hand

Bin Laden just ordered that hijackers fly planes into buildings in NYC and Washington DC.

You saying he didn't deserve what he got?

:eusa_hand:

Maybe Obama should step in and they have a beer summit at the White House, that is what the President likes to do, step in on the important matters of our nation.

It's an Irish thing. :cool:

Belly up to the bar.

This is a huge problem!!

We tolerate all kinds of bad behavior by Congressman.

To get in trouble, a Congressman has to sell drugs to an FBI agent on hidden camera. Short of that, they do whatever they want (Dems and Pubs) and no one says a thing…

And community orgnizers who grow up to be President.

It takes a community organizer to organize a country this big. We already had a B movie actor and an alcoholic rich kid. If Obama hadn't been black while being this skilled, even Republicans would grudgingly accept him.

If Obama wasn't black his name would be John Edwards and he would of been rejected by everyone. Only white guilt and high black voter turn out got the Hussein elected. It certainly wasn't his experience.

Forum List

Back