Why hasn't Michael Grimm been arrested for assault?

New York Rep. Michael Grimm threatens reporter after being asked about fundraising allegations

There was an assault in the U.S. Capitol and the Capitol police do nothing?

WTF?

Did Grimm touch the guy? Or just threaten to throw him off a balcony? I've made plenty of idle threats like that before, is it an arrestable offense? They only thing the guy was assaulted by was hot air. Stop trying to spin this into something serious.

On the other hand, why hasn't Obama been arrested for his transgressions against American citizens? Why do lawmakers and Capitol police sit there and do nothing? Remember, Obama has a pen and a phone.

Were you calling for Capitol police to arrest George W. Bush and DICK Cheney?

Wow. How mature, Bfgrn.

Did Grimm touch the guy? Or just threaten to throw him off a balcony? I've made plenty of idle threats like that before, is it an arrestable offense? They only thing the guy was assaulted by was hot air. Stop trying to spin this into something serious.

On the other hand, why hasn't Obama been arrested for his transgressions against American citizens? Why do lawmakers and Capitol police sit there and do nothing? Remember, Obama has a pen and a phone.

Were you calling for Capitol police to arrest George W. Bush and DICK Cheney?

Wow. How mature, Bfgrn.

Authoritarian despots like Bush and Cheney get a pass from you, but you want Obama arrested, THEN you have the nerve to question who is mature?

Again, according to the definition, it would only be a crime if the reporter was fearful of harm. There is no evidence he was. And he has chosen not to press charges.
How do you prove or disprove one was or was not fearful of harm?

Yes, I agree with this. I believe, in order for charges to be brought, the 'victim' needs to press charges, and the reporter chose not to. But, the media spotlight on this incident, especially it being recorded on live television, will probably end his career or damage it very seriously. How will the voters feel about him next time he's up for re-election?
In keeping with Grimm's behavior it seems obvious his constituency consists mainly of Staten Island greaseballs. So he has nothing to worry about from them.

Forum List

Back