Why have people come to believe health care is a "right" when it actually isn't?

You have a right to medical care insofar as no one can deny you care if you can pay for it. Just like going to the grocery store. We have a right to individual ownership of firearms, but that doesn't mean the government has to buy you a gun if you can't afford to buy one on your own.

You want children to bleed to death in the street.

Your a horrible sickening monster

when a child gets hit by a car you want them to pay up before they get treated?

youre a sociopath

you on the right are fucking evil and heartless.

man oh man you fucking make me want to puke

don't treat children who are dying until they pay up?

sick sick sick fucking bastards

"Rights" is one of many terms that is frequently thrown around FAR too easily. "I have a right to this", "I have a right to that" -- the word's meaning and significance has been diluted as badly as words like "racist", "extreme", "radical" and others. At this point, "right" means nothing more than "something I really want".

However...

If we can get away from simplistic platitudes such as that word, it seems fairly clear to me that a country can ask itself what it gains by providing some fundamental level of health care to its citizens. The argument can pretty easily be made that a healthier populace is good economics, that a healthier populace is smart macro public policy. I believe that.

But we remain mired in this habit of throwing around simplistic terms, diluting them to the point of meaninglessness.

Need more coffee. I have a "right" to as much coffee as I want, you know.

:rolleyes:

yeah like the right to own a cannon or a machine gun .... that kind of throwing around ... or I have the right to force woman to have a baby they don't want to have ... ... it seems to me when a liberal states what they see is a right as a human being, you on the right come unglued ...

You liberals are always so good at mixing apples and oranges. Yes, conservatives believe we have a right to own "arms."

What we don't believe is that our employer, the government, our neighbors, or anyone else should provide them to us for free.

Let's talk about different "right." Do you believe you have a "right" to eat?

If you do them go down to the grocery store, load your basket, and try to get out of the store without paying for it.

Go to a restaurant, order your meal, then try to leave without paying for it.

Better yet, try to convince your local law enforcement officials to go to your neighbor's house and confiscate some food for you.

if you had a rational response we could debate this issue its quit obvious you have your head in your ass... but we all knew that...

Last edited:
Just let that old lady in the store die in the aisle because she only has a few bucks on her

Because they are believing an emotional argument instead of a logical one. If people thought about it, they would realize that in order to get health care someone has to provide it to them. Logically, we don't have a right to other people's labor. That would be called slavery. But people don't think about it logically. They think about it emotionally.

You know who calls allowing children to DIE because they don't have money a good idea?

a fucking sociopath like you

I would save your child.

You would laugh while mine bled out in the street.

Your fucking monsters

The left feels all entitlements are rights...
The right to own a home instead of renting an apartment.
The right to a job even if you do not qualify...affirmitve action gets them that job.
The right to have government take care of your groceries...Food stamps.
The right to have as much money as the wealthy even if you did nothing for it... Income inequality BS...
The right to have wealth redistributed....

I understand Obama will spend quite some time during the State of the union speech bitching about that.

So in closing...When the left doesn't have something and someone else does it's the job of government to correct this error.

this country already decided this one you fucking sociopath.

We decided its wasn't smart or decent to let children die for the lack of a few byucks to pay for thir medications

a few of you fucking slime like dead kids.

fuck you very much

look at you brain dead assslime

your advocating letting people DIE to save you a couple of tax dollars.

how Jesusy of you

heres what I know about Mac1958 you talk like a republican, then when confronted you're soooooooooooo mysterious person to us with all these alternative thinking, at least that's what you would like us to believe ... you'll tell us your a independent, of even worse, a libertarian !!!! either way Mac1958 if you walk like a duck and you talk like a duck then you must be a republican ... we know what your about and its not the mysterious poster like you want us to believe... I clearly know what your about ... today your a liberal tomorrow you a republican, in the past your were a libertarian ... we know what you're about clearly....

What you obviously don't understand is that hardcore partisan ideologues like you are in the minority. The rest of us choose to think for ourselves, and we don't attach ourselves to one side or the other. We'd like to fix problems, while people like you are part of the problem.

In other words, there's nothing special about me, there's far more of me than there is of you.

these IDIOTS seem to think this is a new fangled discussion.

This country already decided we don't let people just die because they don't have enough money to buy the treatment they need to NOT DIE.

jesus would spit on these people

they are evil fucking sociopaths

they would murder for money of they are willing to watch a child die because the child has no money

I would treat every one of you even though I hate your fucking guts and your evil.

you would laugh at a dying child in the street

Because they are believing an emotional argument instead of a logical one. If people thought about it, they would realize that in order to get health care someone has to provide it to them. Logically, we don't have a right to other people's labor. That would be called slavery. But people don't think about it logically. They think about it emotionally.

Then logically, i.e., by what you call logic, education should be available only to those who can afford it.

Yes absolutely. Now I support Charities that give out help to those in need, and are willing to work for those supports.

But, yes, the pay-for-service model always works better.

Just look at the difference between public schools and private schools. Look at the difference between K-12, verses higher education.

Our public socialized 'free to all' K-12 is one of the most expensive, least effective systems in all the world. Our students are failing to match school systems by 3rd world former Soviet Bloc countries. Many of which, spend a fraction of the money we do, and teach fewer years than we do.

On the opposite extreme, is our higher education system, which is still largely a capitalist based 'pay-for-service' system, and today the best higher education schools throughout the world, are mostly here in the US. Students travel from all over the world, to get education and training, at our schools.

Do you think that's random? Or accidental? Take a look at Chile. They reformed their schools into a pay for service model. Likely the most capitalist based education system in all South America. And while it's true they are still lagging behind the OECD, the're education rates are leading all of South America, while being surrounded by countries with 'free to all' socialized education.

The fact the capitalist 'pay for service' system is better, is universally true.

Forum List

Back