Why have people come to believe health care is a "right" when it actually isn't?

these right wingers are really making me fucking hate them these days.

fucking slime who have no right to EVER pretend they follow Jesus' teachings.

they will USE anything to be their greedy fucking shelfish selves.

money over country and even childrens lives.

I fucking hate you people

Health care is a right. What do you want, sick and dying people to be lying all over the streets? I swear, you right wingers want to make America a third world country.

A right? Would you have that "right" if there were no doctors? A right is something you have because you exist...something that is intrinsic to your existence.

Defining what you mean by a right is necessary for an intelligent discussion.

Yep. But what does Reagan have to do with that?

Rights, in a political context, are protected freedoms. When people talk about a "right to health care" what they're really talking about is the "freedom" to force someone else to provide them with health care, which violates actual freedom. It's a self-contradictory conception of rights that is ultimately irrational.
In what sense did Reagan see healthcare as a right, constitutional, human right, moral...
When I speak of healthcare as a right, I mean moral, not constitutional. I think that is what most believe when they say healthcare is a right. At best, you can say healthcare is implied in the constitution, but I think that's pretty weak.

Ok, if you want to claim health care is a "moral right", and "moral right" merely means "something good that everyone ought to have", I have no issues with that. The problem is that that kind of usage is being leveraged as deliberate equivocation - to justify government policy that attempts to treat health care as a real constitutional right.

quit pretending this was NOT already decided in this country.

you will never get your sociopathic way

You will DIE without food and water.

some people will die without certain treatments.

The right in this country wants to watch people die in the streets so they can pay a couple less tax dollars a year

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

If you can be well without health, you may be happy without virtue.
Edmund Burke

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

Edmund Burke

And? :confused:

Edmund Burke

By paying for EVERYTHING you need from cradle to grave.....:cuckoo:

Edmund Burke

The typical right wing polarized 'black or white', 'all or none' pea brain-ism.

Edmund Burke

And?...lol. Your pea is too small to connect the dots?

Edmund Burke

YOU stated it, now connect the dots, because I really doubt you understood what those words meant when they were written.
So....I'll ask again..."AND?" :eusa_whistle:

If you don't know, just man up and say you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Last edited:

Edmund Burke

The typical right wing polarized 'black or white', 'all or none' pea brain-ism.

Well kid....tell me how much should we pay for you low income folks?

How much is enough?

Because we have become a gimme nation.

And the right wing parrots keep mimicking their ignorance.

Politico and friends...

bD437.jpg

Read my sig and call me right wing again douchebag.

YOU stated it, now connect the dots, because I really doubt you understood what those words meant when they were written.

If you don't know, just man up and say you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Liberty, the pursuit of happiness or any other freedom is not possible without 'life'. And 'life' is not possible without your health. And your health is not possible without healthcare.

THUS, healthcare is a right.

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
Thomas Jefferson to the Republican Citizens of Washington County, Maryland" (March 31, 1809).

Because we have become a gimme nation.

Politico and friends...

bD437.jpg

Read my sig and call me right wing again douchebag.

I don't label you a right winger, YOUR words do. And now you have proven how insecure you are also.

“If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.”
Douglas Adams

Politico and friends...

Yes you sure did.

Liberty, the pursuit of happiness or any other freedom is not possible without 'life'. And 'life' is not possible without your health. And your health is not possible without healthcare.

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
Thomas Jefferson to the Republican Citizens of Washington County, Maryland" (March 31, 1809).

Just as I thought, you have no clue what they meant.
But you are all for abortion? hypocrite

Who the hell are you? You haven't even said what you believe it means. And I am not 'all for abortion'. But I am not the one that will make that decision. And NEITHER should you be the one to make that decision.

Who the hell are you? You haven't even said what you believe it means. And I am not 'all for abortion'. But I am not the one that will make that decision. And NEITHER should you be the one to make that decision.
It's not what I think it means, it's what our Founding Fathers meant it.
Life.....a person's right to his own life, to be able to live his life, to be able to enjoy his life and the support of it.
Liberty....the right to live your life without interference from government coercion
Pursuit of happiness..... a person's right to choose what constitutes what makes him happy. To be able to work to achieve his happiness. As long as it doesn't infringe on others right to do the same.

Don't tell me what I should or shouldn't believe regarding abortion. Abortion is snuffing out a human life. hypocrite

Forum List

Back