Why haven't republicans explained their job growth strategy. Surely they had time...

If I went and looked, would the amount of money oil companies received in subsidies under Bush be more or less than the amount spent on food stamps?

they are the same under obama, but you wouldn't know it because you don't recognize the truth

I'm sure if Obama was ready to do the right things, like lessen regulations and maybe lower taxes, Republicans would support him. The fact is Republicans and Democrats have two different points of views when it comes to growing jobs in this country. There just isn't any common ground that is there. So both sides want the other side to fail on the jobs idea front.

Obama and democrats have already borrowed and spent one trillion dollars to grow a job. They didn't succeed. And they certainly aren't going to get rid of the massive regulations that they have put on private sector business and lower taxes. That's not in their dictionary.

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Obama and democrats do not understand the above concepts.

You can legislate the poor into further poverty. The Bush tax cuts and moving millions of jobs to China from 2001 to 2008 proved that.

Do you agree or disagree?

Report: U.S. has lost millions of jobs to China from 2001 to 2008 | TheHill

bush had nothing to do with the jobs being lost to china.

do you ever tire of lying?

infrastructure, science and r@D funding was near currently percentage of the gdp all the way back to Nixon. You should look at healthcare, welfare, etc for the real supplier of the debt.

We won't be a major power with this attitude. I believe sadly that your party has given up on that idea as you simply want to play mountain hick.

When are you going to pull your head out of your ass and realize the mulatto messiah has no plan to raise the standing of the US in the world, he has done every thing in his power to do just the opposite, all the while talking out of the other side of his mouth.

If I went and looked, would the amount of money oil companies received in subsidies under Bush be more or less than the amount spent on food stamps?

And what does that have to do with job growth?

It's an example of what ails the country.

For instance:

Three million open jobs in U.S., but who's qualified? - CBS News

Nationwide, manufacturers say the lack of skilled workers is the reason for hundreds of thousands of unfilled jobs; a number Ryan Costella says is about to get bigger.

Ryan Costella: You have a massive wave of baby boomers who are leaving the workforce very soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON, D.C. | June 8, 2012 -
The Department of Labor reports 3.7 million jobs remain unfilled, despite the fact that nearly 13 million unemployed Americans are searching for work. Employers largely attribute this discrepancy to a lack of skilled workers, and many workers report the nation’s federal workforce development system is failing to provide the training and education they need to succeed.

The Fontana steel maker needs experienced electrical and mechanical technicians to help it make metal pipes and flat-roll sheets used in construction projects. The pay is good. An industrial maintenance mechanic can make $64,000 a year plus health benefits. In good years, company profit-sharing can boost pay by $5,000.

Still, California Steel is struggling to fill 18 openings.

ICYMI: Jobs for skilled workers are going unfilled | Education & the Workforce Committee

----------------------------------------------------

Recent estimates are now more than 4 million. Look at Scott Walker in Wisconsin. He cut two billion from education and then boasted that his state has a billion dollar surplus. Well of course. He cut two billion from education. So why aren't businesses moving to Wisconsin? Some businesses have said because there is a lack of skilled workers and said they don't have the funds to pay to educate workers. When he cut education, it wasn't just middle school and high school. Technical Schools and technical programs were hit very hard.

This is also why business is pushing for immigrants with degrees.

All of this could be solved if Republicans weren't blocking everything in an effort to destroy this president. And that is the single biggest problem facing the country today.

Last edited by a moderator:
infrastructure, science and r@D funding was near currently percentage of the gdp all the way back to Nixon. You should look at healthcare, welfare, etc for the real supplier of the debt.

We won't be a major power with this attitude. I believe sadly that your party has given up on that idea as you simply want to play mountain hick.

When are you going to pull your head out of your ass and realize the mulatto messiah has no plan to raise the standing of the US in the world, he has done every thing in his power to do just the opposite, all the while talking out of the other side of his mouth.

Seems like the same asswipes like Stephanie and Frank never bitch about your kind.

...to lay out their plan in their SOTU response. Wouldn't that have been a good time?

Hmm maybe it's because they don't have one? Perhaps I missed it, Any repub want to fill me in?

Well, it's your party that's in CHARGE and they've been in CHARGE for the last 6 years. They've spent 1 trillion taxpayer dollars in the economic stimulus package that has apparently flopped big time--because unemployment in this country is still way to high.

Only 63% of this nation is actually working--(the lowest in over 40 years)--the unemployment numbers are all screwed up--because they don't count the millions of people that have just given up on even looking for a job.

Why should Republicans jump in the middle of THIS two ring circus coming from the administration and DEMOCRAT senate--when all along it's well known that Republicans, like JFK, believe that lowering tax liability actually stimulates economic growth. OBAMA and DEMOCRATS are CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO DO THAT!

ramirez_2011_09_15.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change!

Okay I have already explained this countless times on this forum but I will once more. The Recovery Act was a mild political failure. It was not a policy failure - not by a long shot. Yes, it fell short of expectations, but there is no denying it saved us from a great depression. That terrifying free fall of jobs that began in Bush's final months? That 500,000 + jobs we were losing every month? That massive job loss rate turned to job growth within mere months after the stimulus passed. Altogether the Recovery Act created or saved 2.5 million jobs. It is the very reason we are in a recovery. A slow one yes, but considering how many jobs we lost in the first place - which was around 5 million - we are doing pretty damn good. Why did the Recovery Act not reach expectations? It's because it WAS TOO SMALL. Had it been bigger like it was meant to be, we would be out of this mess.

That is the key to saving our economy: DEMAND SIDE economic policies like the Recovery Act. Creating economic demand where there wouldn't be otherwise. That is how capitalism works.

Oh, and "discouraged workers" is hardly the only factor for the decline of workforce participation. It is also because of the baby boomers retiring and people going on disability. Not only that, but the decline started before Obama came into office.

Last edited:
It's simple, make Obama and everything he does fail, that will bring jobs for sure, someone will be along shortly to further explain this awesome strategy.

I'm sure if Obama was ready to do the right things, like lessen regulations and maybe lower taxes, Republicans would support him. The fact is Republicans and Democrats have two different points of views when it comes to growing jobs in this country. There just isn't any common ground that is there. So both sides want the other side to fail on the jobs idea front.

Obama is responsible for the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan. For some reasons you righty tighties choose to ignore this fact.

As long as we have a Dictator Sen. Majority Leader, we aren't going to have anything happening let alone any growth in this nation.

Seems like the same asswipes like Stephanie and Frank never bitch about your kind.

Poor baby, I thought the left was all about celebrating multiculturalism, why do you object to a term that accurately describes your dear leaders biracial heritage?

Poor baby, I thought the left was all about celebrating multiculturalism, why do you object to a term that accurately describes your dear leaders biracial heritage?

Because you pointing it out for no relevant reason makes you a pathetic bigot.

...to lay out their plan in their SOTU response. Wouldn't that have been a good time?

Hmm maybe it's because they don't have one? Perhaps I missed it, Any repub want to fill me in?

Surely in the first 2 years your party could have done something when it had both houses all to themselves? Two years of unfetter power over our legislative branch. Not one jobs bill. Of course not. Before you go lecturing Republicans about jobs legislation, you need to pass some of your own first.

Surely in the first 2 years your party could have done something when it had both houses all to themselves? Two years of unfetter power over our legislative branch. Not one jobs bill. Of course not. Before you go lecturing Republicans about jobs legislation, you need to pass some of your own first.

Im not going to defend senate democrats. I will however defend Obama who created 2.5 million jobs from a single piece of legislation. You can whine and pout all you want in denial of this fact, but you would still be wrong.

Easy.....cut taxes

That doesn't work......cut more taxes

It's simple, make Obama and everything he does fail, that will bring jobs for sure, someone will be along shortly to further explain this awesome strategy.

Obama is responsible for the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan. For some reasons you righty tighties choose to ignore this fact.

4 pinocchios...:eusa_hand:

Obama?s whopper of a claim on tax cuts - The Washington Post

Lol you posted a pretty biased source which means the article was all over the place. The entire point the article makes is that the tax cut was small in terms of national income. Yeah, no shit. The top 5% of the country own most of the wealth. What made the tax cut big was how broad it was. Get a clue.

Sorry you got nothing.

to be fair… they have… give more tax breaks to corporations and the 1%

because that's worked so well. :rolleyes:

Yeah trickle down economics is a complete lie. If it wasn't, we would have seen massive job growth under Bush. We didn't. Job growth was pathetic.

Lol you posted a pretty biased source which means the article was all over the place. The entire point the article makes is that the tax cut was small in terms of national income. Yeah, no shit. The top 5% of the country own most of the wealth. What made the tax cut big was how broad it was. Get a clue.

Sorry you got nothing.

broad means big? of course not......get a clue.....that was the whole point of what WaPo said....which i believe is noted for being quite liberal....

Forum List

Back