Why I Canceled My Order From L.L. Bean: The Toxic Tweets Of Donald Trump

587d1325170000880192a5db.jpeg

The return of two $30 pairs of gloves will not impress Linda Bean or move the needle at L.L. Bean, but it makes a big difference to me.

Dear L.L. Bean,

When I lost my favorite pair of L.L. Bean rag wool gloves last week, I immediately purchased a replacement pair online. Chronically prone to losing my gloves, I even bought an extra pair.

I’d like to explain why I canceled that order.

I’ve been a customer of Bean’s for nearly 40 years—since the days when the clothes in your catalog were modeled by staff members in the office parking lot in Freeport, Maine.

I even worked as a technology consultant to L.L. Bean in the 1990s when the catalog was integrating its first workflow software. I was told all about “Beanness”—the company’s expression of its unique culture and its guiding philosophy—and was taken on a tour of your fulfillment center. I still have the Swiss Army knife I purchased from the outlet store afterward.

I’ve played chamber music at summer festivals hosted by the University of Maine at Orono and by the Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, where I fell in love with the state’s rocky coastline; since then, I’ve always been happy to support Maine-based businesses. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on Bean merchandise over the years.

And I’ve always been willing to look the other way when Bean family members spouted lies, supported right-wing candidates whose beliefs were antithetical to my own, and endorsed right-wing causes that directly threatened me, my family, and my friends.

But this time things have gone too far.

More: Why I Canceled My Order From L.L. Bean: The Toxic Tweets Of Donald Trump

You should read the rest of the OP link. It is delicious. Thank you Andrew Miller. I usually spend a few hundred with L.L. Bean each year - but no more.

Well if you were stupid enough to cancel an order from that great store with super products because of Trump's tweet then it shows what an idiot you are.

I'm sure someone else will get what you cancelled.

Carry on stupid.
I read somewhere that nowadays 97% of LL Bean's products are imported. Sad if true.
Not true at all. Some of their stuff is made in other countries but most of it is still made here.

Does L.L. Bean keep it Made in America?

In case you only want to buy what's made here.

NY is known for his left wing lies. It seems to be his way.

Post the lies I've told.

I'm buying things now from L.L.Bean. I'm getting ready to visit NYC in March and I need a new winter wardrobe. My aviator hat was delivered yesterday.

The return of two $30 pairs of gloves will not impress Linda Bean or move the needle at L.L. Bean, but it makes a big difference to me.

Dear L.L. Bean,

When I lost my favorite pair of L.L. Bean rag wool gloves last week, I immediately purchased a replacement pair online. Chronically prone to losing my gloves, I even bought an extra pair.

I’ve been a customer of Bean’s for nearly 40 years—since the days when the clothes in your catalog were modeled by staff members in the office parking lot in Freeport, Maine.

I even worked as a technology consultant to L.L. Bean in the 1990s when the catalog was integrating its first workflow software. I was told all about “Beanness”—the company’s expression of its unique culture and its guiding philosophy—and was taken on a tour of your fulfillment center. I still have the Swiss Army knife I purchased from the outlet store afterward.

I’ve played chamber music at summer festivals hosted by the University of Maine at Orono and by the Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, where I fell in love with the state’s rocky coastline; since then, I’ve always been happy to support Maine-based businesses. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on Bean merchandise over the years.

And I’ve always been willing to look the other way when Bean family members spouted lies, supported right-wing candidates whose beliefs were antithetical to my own, and endorsed right-wing causes that directly threatened me, my family, and my friends.

You should read the rest of the OP link. It is delicious. Thank you Andrew Miller. I usually spend a few hundred with L.L. Bean each year - but no more.

Well if you were stupid enough to cancel an order from that great store with super products because of Trump's tweet then it shows what an idiot you are.

I'm sure someone else will get what you cancelled.

Carry on stupid.
I read somewhere that nowadays 97% of LL Bean's products are imported. Sad if true.
Not true at all. Some of their stuff is made in other countries but most of it is still made here.

Does L.L. Bean keep it Made in America?

In case you only want to buy what's made here.

NY is known for his left wing lies. It seems to be his way.

Post the lies I've told.

The one that led to my statement. You seem pretty dense, now I'll wait for your silly games to begin.

I will not purchase anything from a company that I know support the orange clown. His support of an EU breakup, and the weakening of NATO borders on treason.

Funny how you'll call anyone who proposes policies and positions different from your established worldviews a traitor.
You're too much of a pussy to admit that people have good reason to despise Trump. You just can't handle that the RW is being represented by Trump.
and you seem to be too much of a pussy to admit that people have good reason to actually want Trump.
depending on ones personal views and needs, the candidate that best fits them is not always going to be the same as everyone else.
You're full of shit. Deep down you know Trump was a colossal mistake for anyone and you don't have the balls to admit it. You already know he has nothing to offer anyone.

I will not purchase anything from a company that I know support the orange clown. His support of an EU breakup, and the weakening of NATO borders on treason.

Funny how you'll call anyone who proposes policies and positions different from your established worldviews a traitor.
You're too much of a pussy to admit that people have good reason to despise Trump. You just can't handle that the RW is being represented by Trump.
and you seem to be too much of a pussy to admit that people have good reason to actually want Trump.
depending on ones personal views and needs, the candidate that best fits them is not always going to be the same as everyone else.
You're full of shit. Deep down you know Trump was a colossal mistake for anyone and you don't have the balls to admit it. You already know he has nothing to offer anyone.

Nah. Hillary would have been the colossal mistake.

And yet you can't make any effort to defend Trump. All you assclowns can say is "well he's not Hillary! Derp, derp, derp!"

And yet you can't make any effort to defend Trump. All you assclowns can say is "well he's not Hillary! Derp, derp, derp!"

You're the one who thinks Trump needs defending.

Catch a clue dumbass.

Dear L.L. Bean,

What a soggy little snowflake.

Bigly SAD!

And deep down you know if the DNC hadn't rigged the primaries and discouraging people from running against Clinton, sold out their own party, that Trump would have lost the election. Congrats on being duped.

So you think that breaking up the EU is in the interests of the United States? Do you think that abandoning the NATO nations is a good policy? Which nations in Europe do you think that we should allow Russia to annex?

Our Man Child President failed to fulfill a treaty obligation we had with the Ukraine that was signed 1994. They gave up their Nukes, and we and others "promised" to protect. What did your man child do when Russia attacked?
Nothing. Get off your high horse old man you are a hypocrite.

Catch a clue dumbass.
Fucking of course he does. Don't play stupid. You know he's a sack of shit.

Good for you. I truly mean it. Put your money where you mouth is. Just as I do with companies like Hallmark Cards, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream and many others due to their support of Progressive ideals and candidates.

Just realize, they don't care about losing your or my business. It takes a massive revolt for them to take notice and change their ways.

This same thing happened when they tried to bury Chik-Fil-A. Idiots never learn

And deep down you know if the DNC hadn't rigged the primaries and discouraging people from running against Clinton, sold out their own party, that Trump would have lost the election. Congrats on being duped.
Don't be so stupid to think that because I hate Trump like Hillary or the DNC. I wanted Bernie from the beginning.

Catch a clue dumbass.
Fucking of course he does. Don't play stupid. You know he's a sack of shit.

If you say so dumbass. LOL

Don't be so stupid to think that because I hate Trump like Hillary or the DNC. I wanted Bernie from the beginning.

Near as I can tell your "love" for Hillary is NOT why some folks think you're stupid.

Forum List

Back