Why I Canceled My Order From L.L. Bean: The Toxic Tweets Of Donald Trump

That is really too much ado about a pair gloves.

Lets keep politics to the voting booth...and USMB of course.

I will not purchase anything from a company that I know support the orange clown. His support of an EU breakup, and the weakening of NATO borders on treason.
The company LL Bean does not endorse anyone. Do individuals in business have to stop participating in our democracy now, in order to save their company from boycotts?

Hijacked? You mean grew out of a need (felt by many) to defend against those who wanted (and still want) to reinterpret the 2nd Amendment. Got it. :thup:

You mean the 2nd Musket Amendment?
I'll buy that when you start posting on parchment paper hand set in a press and mailed via horseback or carriage.........
Is that example of the first quill amendment??
Example of the misguided myopic, simplistic interpretation that Lackabraina it espousing. :thup:
My third wife is anti gun, even though she wants a gun......

I have a relative the same way. She owns a gun and doesn't think anyone should.

587d1325170000880192a5db.jpeg

The return of two $30 pairs of gloves will not impress Linda Bean or move the needle at L.L. Bean, but it makes a big difference to me.

Dear L.L. Bean,

When I lost my favorite pair of L.L. Bean rag wool gloves last week, I immediately purchased a replacement pair online. Chronically prone to losing my gloves, I even bought an extra pair.

I’d like to explain why I canceled that order.

I’ve been a customer of Bean’s for nearly 40 years—since the days when the clothes in your catalog were modeled by staff members in the office parking lot in Freeport, Maine.

I even worked as a technology consultant to L.L. Bean in the 1990s when the catalog was integrating its first workflow software. I was told all about “Beanness”—the company’s expression of its unique culture and its guiding philosophy—and was taken on a tour of your fulfillment center. I still have the Swiss Army knife I purchased from the outlet store afterward.

I’ve played chamber music at summer festivals hosted by the University of Maine at Orono and by the Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, where I fell in love with the state’s rocky coastline; since then, I’ve always been happy to support Maine-based businesses. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on Bean merchandise over the years.

And I’ve always been willing to look the other way when Bean family members spouted lies, supported right-wing candidates whose beliefs were antithetical to my own, and endorsed right-wing causes that directly threatened me, my family, and my friends.

But this time things have gone too far.

More: Why I Canceled My Order From L.L. Bean: The Toxic Tweets Of Donald Trump

You should read the rest of the OP link. It is delicious. Thank you Andrew Miller. I usually spend a few hundred with L.L. Bean each year - but no more.

Well if you were stupid enough to cancel an order from that great store with super products because of Trump's tweet then it shows what an idiot you are.

I'm sure someone else will get what you cancelled.

Carry on stupid.

dimocrap scum have the 'SHIT TOUCH'

Have any of you noticed that, every time dimocrap scum go to harm someone with a boycott -- The people they're boycotting do better than they've ever done before?

http://stateandcapitol.bangordailyn...t-from-trump-after-progressives-boycott-call/

When are you going to figure it out, dimocrap scum? Nobody likes you. You are THE most hated group on the Planet. Everybody hates you. People go out of their way to spite you. People go out of their way to support those you try to harm with your hate

Just shut the fuck up and go away. Don't care where. Just go

I will not purchase anything from a company that I know support the orange clown. His support of an EU breakup, and the weakening of NATO borders on treason.
The company LL Bean does not endorse anyone. Do individuals in business have to stop participating in our democracy now, in order to save their company from boycotts?
/--- Why yes they do. Freedom of Speech only extends to those who agree with DemocRATS.

I read somewhere that nowadays 97% of LL Bean's products are imported. Sad if true.
The famous boots are still made here, and they're suddenly "in style" again. There was just an announcement they are expanding their two factories and hiring an extra 100 workers due to the high demand for them.
A lot of their stuff is made overseas--clothing, anyway. But is there any place that is selling made in the USA clothing at a competitive price? If so, and it's not too ugly, I will buy it.

I read somewhere that nowadays 97% of LL Bean's products are imported. Sad if true.
Not true at all. Some of their stuff is made in other countries but most of it is still made here.

Does L.L. Bean keep it Made in America?

In case you only want to buy what's made here.

I'll stand corrected and state the company's own percentage:

"The company estimates about 75 percent of its products are imported."

Happy now?

Trump says buy LL Bean — but many products are made in China

So you refuse to shop at a business because ONE of its board members voted for Trump?

:lmao:

I think we should all buy the cheap stuff made with slave labor in third world countries.
In a lot of those countries, those "slaves" are enjoying a higher standard of living than they've ever had, aren't they?

Not true at all. Some of their stuff is made in other countries but most of it is still made here.

Does L.L. Bean keep it Made in America?

In case you only want to buy what's made here.

I'll stand corrected and state the company's own percentage:

"The company estimates about 75 percent of its products are imported."

Happy now?

Trump says buy LL Bean — but many products are made in China

That's like complaining that a burglar is shoplifting.

Trump's OWN BRAND clothes are all made not-in-America.

maxresdefault.jpg

As far as imports it is a sad reality probably. I still have several shirts, fleece pullovers and insulated jeans made in the USA and sold by LL Bean in the mid-90s'. Some shirts were made in New Zealand and they were the best ever. The brand was Line7. They only make outwear now based on the website. I do have the material labels should I ever contact Shark Tank celebrity Daymond John and develop similar shirts.

Forum List

Back