Why I dont want the govt to send checks to americans

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Not only is it unconstitutional, it will normalize the freakazoid far left's policies.
People are against it now but start having the govt hand out "free" money to these imbeciles and their politics will change.
"Hey man, this aint so bad. Lets vote for these extreme leftists and get more free shit"
A perfect example is democrats and the welfare system. The "new plantation" as some call it.
Dependence on the federal govt is regressive and flat out stupid.
The "progressives" want to take us back to the 13th century england. A crisis is a perfect way to do it!
Now that you read this, go back to the medias fear mongering.
Good day.

Not only is it unconstitutional, it will normalize the freakazoid far left's policies.
People are against it now but start having the govt hand out "free" money to these imbeciles and their politics will change.
"Hey man, this aint so bad. Lets vote for these extreme leftists and get more free shit"
A perfect example is democrats and the welfare system. The "new plantation" as some call it.
The "progressives" want to take us back to the 13th century england. A crisis is a perfect way to do it!
Good day.

Easily solved. Just sign yours over to me. :D

Good day.
The Gov. handing out free money to everyone whether they need it or not? What could possibly go wrong?

A better thing they could do is tell Credit Card Companies to suspend interest on all credit cards for a month.

Good day.
The Gov. handing out free money to everyone whether they need it or not? What could possibly go wrong?

Personally I'm gonna buy a Lambourghini and fill the glove compartment with cocaine.

Then I'll cruise the empty streets going, "where da white women at?"

Last edited:
Good day.

Don't you remember how that $200 Bush sent us saved the economy?

Good day.

Personally I'm gonna buy a Lambourghini and fill the glove compartment with cocaine.

Hey wait a minute, didn't Delorean already try that? :)

Good day.

Hey wait a minute, didn't Delorean already try that? :)

Yabbut his cars were Irish. Umma live dangerously and go Eye-talian. :badgrin:

Good day.
Gerald Ford was a leftist. (-:

But seriously, just giving people money may not really increase consumption, and that is the aim. We're looking at possibly best case 30-40% unemployment if we "shelter in place." I'm better placed to weather this job wise than most, but if I get a thousand bucks, I'm saving it because my wife's car has 200plusK and we'll need a new computer in it soon. I've already spent a chunk of cash on my kid's education, and am still spending. So I'm not even close to rolling in dough. But the people who will really spend any stimulus immediately are the soon to be unemployed. To the extent we can, we need to make up their pay checks, and make it possible for the small biz owners who will have to close up to have the ability to reopen 3-6 mos down the line.

Makes no sense

Most Americans are working or are somewhat wealthy. They will just waste the money.

Instead of $1000 to everyone, why not $10,000 to the people who really need it? Send it to those who lost their jobs due to the virus, small businesses that were forced to shut down, those who have to take care of sick members of their family

Good day.
Welfare is unconstitutional but is being done, why stop there, if the lazy liberals are allowed to be paid to do nothing, then everyone else should, isnt that the Marxist way?

The money would certainly help a lot of Americans that are not working right now and are struggling to pay bills and buy groceries, especially service workers that rely on tips more than they do an actual wage or salary. The amount of people it would help would outweigh the people that will abuse the $1,000 or don't need it as badly as others but a one size fits all approach like that may not be as effective. In my personal opinion having large amounts of loans sent to small and medium size businesses around the country so that they can continue to meet payroll and pay people while at home would be ideal. I would also suspend federal income tax temporarily so that people are taking home a little more money each week. Just a thought.

The money would certainly help a lot of Americans that are not working right now and are struggling to pay bills and buy groceries, especially service workers that rely on tips more than they do an actual wage or salary. The amount of people it would help would outweigh the people that will abuse the $1,000 or don't need it as badly as others but a one size fits all approach like that may not be as efficient. In my personal opinion having large amounts of loans sent to small and medium size businesses around the country so that they can continue to meet payroll and pay people while at home would be ideal. I would also suspend federal income tax temporarily so that people are taking home a little more money each week. Just a thought.

Actually, I don't know if it's been reported much but the IRS has tacked on three months to the usual April 15 tax deadline. It's now July 15.

Ideally if there's a stipend it could be on a scale-per-need, clearly $1k will help some people, will be unneeded in others, and will be way too little to bridge other gaps. But that's a bureaucratic morass --- you end up spending way more time and resources figuring all that out than if you just picked a random number. It's a drop in the bucket. But for the OP to sit back and pretend massive disruption in everyday life isn't going to have severe economic impact, that's just rhetorically irresponsible.

The money would certainly help a lot of Americans that are not working right now and are struggling to pay bills and buy groceries, especially service workers that rely on tips more than they do an actual wage or salary. The amount of people it would help would outweigh the people that will abuse the $1,000 or don't need it as badly as others but a one size fits all approach like that may not be as efficient. In my personal opinion having large amounts of loans sent to small and medium size businesses around the country so that they can continue to meet payroll and pay people while at home would be ideal. I would also suspend federal income tax temporarily so that people are taking home a little more money each week. Just a thought.
I would support putting a hold on payroll tax. Its about the only constitutional thing they can do.

This recovery gonna make the Obama recovery look like a rocket ship if there is no stimulus... just saying

Of course a few of our resident statists would funny the OP

Good day.
unnamed (1).jpg

Forum List

Back