Why I Left The Left

"The left"? Or "a Liberal"?

Maybe you should find out what it is you're talking about before you move on to "hate", doncha think?

And then there's "progressivism"... :rolleyes:
X Try again.

uhhhmmm.... I ain't the one who mixed up three different terms in the first place, Goober. YOU try again.
XX Wrong again. One more and you're out. Don't forget about your shoutouts.

It used to be all about egalitarianism and other liberal values.

That was Liberalism. And it still is. Summa y'all would commence ta figger this shit out if you'd just stop conflating terms that mean different things. Liberalism ain't leftism, and vice versa.

Now it is all about identity politics and defending Islam.

And here's another pitfall of Binary World ---- the fact that one might decline to jump into the gutter of whatever religious bigotry is the talking point of the day in no way means that one is "defending" the despised religion. There's such a thing as denouncing the bigotry simply because it's bigotry. Just as there's such a thing as correcting the facts because they're fake-facts.

Maybe you should find out what it is you're talking about before you move on to "hate", doncha think?

X Try again.

uhhhmmm.... I ain't the one who mixed up three different terms in the first place, Goober. YOU try again.

See what I mean? Rather than lift a finger to help hisself out of his own hole, all OP-boi can do is post "X". He literally thinks it's "wrong" to pose the question as to which term he wants to go with. I dunno, it's as if thinking costs a lot of money or sump'm. :dunno:

That was Liberalism. And it still is. Summa y'all would commence ta figger this shit out if you'd just stop conflating terms that mean different things. Liberalism ain't leftism, and vice versa.

And here's another pitfall of Binary World ---- the fact that one might decline to jump into the gutter of whatever religious bigotry is the talking point of the day in no way means that one is "defending" the despised religion. There's such a thing as denouncing the bigotry simply because it's bigotry. Just as there's such a thing as correcting the facts because they're fake-facts.

X Try again.

See what I mean? Rather than lift a finger to help hisself out of his own hole, all OP-boi can do is post "X". He literally thinks it's "wrong" to pose the question as to which term he wants to go with. I dunno, it's as if thinking costs a lot of money or sump'm. :dunno:
There was nothing inconsistent in my OP, nor did I mix any terms. The "X" is for your failed attempt to divert and derail. You have one more chance, don't blow it this time.

X Try again.

There was nothing inconsistent in my OP, nor did I mix any terms. The "X" is for your failed attempt to divert and derail. You have one more chance, don't blow it this time.

Look Klown, I asked you at the beginning whether you wanted to go with "the left" or "A Liberal". And 800 posts later you still have no answer.

I am not conflating terms, son. Liberalism is a political philosophy on the left side of the political spectrum and was the dominating force until a few decades ago. For all intents and purposes it WAS one and the same. Educated people read John Rawles, learned various concepts and put them in play.

Today, the institutionalized double standards that have infected the left as a result of Multiculturalist dogma has all but killed liberalism, as it is now multiculturalism that dominates the left, up to and including defining it. Multiculturalism actually acts as an archly regressive political philosophy, and it seeks to conserve the social values from a pre-enlightenment era. Rather than acting as an instrument to liberalize immigrants, it treats their own culture with such kid gloves as to support the very antithesis of liberalism.

Now, I am sure you have never read John Rawls Theories of social justice, or Will Kymlika's various writings on Multiculturalsim, or various feminist critiques on the same subject, but at it's heart, the term "conserve" in conservatism has to do with the preservation of social order. The Multiculturalism that has all but killed liberalism preserves the social order of subgroups living within a greater society, and as such, is an archly regressive influence.

I didn't leave the left so must as the left left me.

It used to be all about egalitarianism and other liberal values. Now it is all about identity politics and defending Islam.

The Left left Unions, Gays, Women, and Blacks. It's good to be left of Left.

Are you bought by the greedy rich and brainwashed? Then you'r New BS GOP. End of story. All Trump had to do was parrot Fox and Rush and he got your vote. Now he's dumped all his promises to you. Thank God. Could have been worse than just a huge tax cut for the rich AGAIN...He better make some good deals...

X Try again.

Look Klown, I asked you at the beginning whether you wanted to go with "the left" or "A Liberal". And 800 posts later you still have no answer.
You are either too stupid to grasp plain English or you're trolling my thread like you usually do. Either way, it's over for you, chief.

Three%20X%20family%20feud%20fail.png

You are either too stupid to grasp plain English or you're trolling my thread like you usually do. Either way, it's over for you, chief.

I got Bingo!!

And STILL ..... no answer. :itsok:

I got Bingo!!

Not my problem you can't read, asshole. Now stop trolling or I'm gonna tell your parents.

I got Bingo!!

Not my problem you can't read, asshole. Now stop trolling or I'm gonna tell your parents.

Yyyyyyuh huh. So to wrap up .... given the question of whether your OP means "the left" or "a Liberal"...... your answer is, and I quote, "X".

Thanks for clearing that up.

Forum List

Back