Why I listen to Conservative Talk Radio

I didn't say I've never in my life listened to or watched these kinds of programs. I don't have a TV and I only see these programs when I travel. I've watched Ann Coulter. She's big on insults too. Too bad these conservatives can't present their ideas without being insulting. It would be great to have a conversation about issues free of insults.

I'd be willing to change my views if I thought there was basic good heartedness going on.

Indeed. And maybe when those on the left can discuss folks on the right without being insulting that will happen. Hasn't happened yet, but who knows. It could happen. Anything is possible.
And there you go pretending that the Right were always respectful until the evil Left started the insulting first. But long before Stuttering LimpTard came up with "FemiNazi" you had Morton Downey Jr and his "Pablum Puking Liberals" and long before Downey you had Spiro T Agnew and his alliterated insults.

“In the United States today, we have more than our share of the nattering nabobs of negativism.”
Spiro T. Agnew

“A spirit of national masochism prevails, encouraged by an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals.”
Spiro T. Agnew

Hey Ed,

Who are your favorite conservative posters at USMB?

Ann Coulter is one of the best researched writers out there
:rofl:
In a highly publicized stop at Monticello during Clinton's 1993 inaugural festivities, Gore pointed to carvings of Washington and Benjamin Franklin and asked the curator: 'Who are these guys?' He was surrounded by reporters and TV cameras when he said it.
Source: Slander

In a highly publicized stop at Monticello during Clinton's 1993 inaugural festivities, Gore pointed to carvings of Washington and Benjamin Franklin and asked the curator: 'Who are these guys?' He was surrounded by reporters and TV cameras when he said it.

Alot of Coulter's 'research' has been debunked.

Alot of Coulter's 'research' has been debunked.
I know, in the quote above Gore named the bust of Franklin himself without any help from the curator, the bust of Washington was not among the group of busts Gore pointed to. It was in another part of the room to the extreme right of the busts on the wall sconces Gore pointed to. And Gore was not surrounded by reporters and cameras, there was one camera which was a government feed to all the media.

But other than that it was well researched, AND FOOTNOTED, by Coulter. :rofl:

Yes, to some I think ignorance really is blissful. And there are a lot of folks who fall into that category. It's amazing though how those who say they don't listen to conservative talk radio have such firm opinions about what it is. So they're obviously listening to somebody that is telling them what must be just what they want to hear.

I've listened to Rush Limbaugh before. He's big into insults.

Then you've been dishonest in the past when you said you didn't listen to any of the shows like him. But he's certainly not any more insulting than some of you on the Left are being about him. At least he expresses ideas and concepts without having to insult somebody. If Lonestar thinks he's an ass that's certainly reflective of his taste. But at least he isn't accusing Rush of things that those of us who DO listen to him now and then know are not true.

The reason I think Limbaugh is an ass is not becasue of anything he says but rather the way he says it. If that makes any sense. I probably agree with 99 percent of what he says and anyone with half a brain can distinguish between satire, fecetiousness and hyperbole all of which Rush engages in and not unlike many on the left side of the spectrum.

What I find amusing about those that despise Rush is they use his quotes out of context to try to paint him as... a) a liar or b) a right wing loon. You have to look no further than edtheidiot for proof of this.

Then you've been dishonest in the past when you said you didn't listen to any of the shows like him. But he's certainly not any more insulting than some of you on the Left are being about him. At least he expresses ideas and concepts without having to insult somebody. If Lonestar thinks he's an ass that's certainly reflective of his taste. But at least he isn't accusing Rush of things that those of us who DO listen to him now and then know are not true.

The reason I think Limbaugh is an ass is not becasue of anything he says but rather the way he says it. If that makes any sense. I probably agree with 99 percent of what he says and anyone with half a brain can distinguish between satire, fecetiousness and hyperbole all of which Rush engages in and not unlike many on the left side of the spectrum.

What I find amusing about those that despise Rush is they use his quotes out of context to try to paint him as... a) a liar or b) a right wing loon. You have to look no further than edtheidiot for proof of this.
Again, the DittoTards cry "out of context" but can never give an example or the correct context. It is Stuttering LimpTard who quotes everyone not only out of context, but the pathological liar also changes their words to create the context he wants.

August 7, 2009
RUSH: You know, the Democrat Party... Nancy Pelosi yesterday or maybe the night before, said that people were showing up at the town hall meetings wearing swastikas. Nancy Pelosi was calling people showing up to preserve their freedom Nazis.*

PELOSI:* I think they are Astroturf -- you be the judge -- of carrying swastikas and symbols like that to a town hall meeting on health care. *

RUSH: Folks, yesterday on this program I had a pointed and very factual reaction to Nancy Pelosi accusing those of you showing up at tea parties of wearing swastikas.* Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the House said that you are Nazis.

RUSH:* I have not made any of it up.* You know, I could easily say I'm illustrating absurdity by being absurd, but I'm not being absurd.* Nancy Pelosi called us "Nazis,"

Again, the DittoTards cry "out of context" but can never give an example or the correct context. It is Stuttering LimpTard who quotes everyone not only out of context, but the pathological liar also changes their words to create the context he wants.

August 7, 2009
RUSH: You know, the Democrat Party... Nancy Pelosi yesterday or maybe the night before, said that people were showing up at the town hall meetings wearing swastikas. Nancy Pelosi was calling people showing up to preserve their freedom Nazis.*

PELOSI:* I think they are Astroturf -- you be the judge -- of carrying swastikas and symbols like that to a town hall meeting on health care. *

RUSH: Folks, yesterday on this program I had a pointed and very factual reaction to Nancy Pelosi accusing those of you showing up at tea parties of wearing swastikas.* Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the House said that you are Nazis.

RUSH:* I have not made any of it up.* You know, I could easily say I'm illustrating absurdity by being absurd, but I'm not being absurd.* Nancy Pelosi called us "Nazis,"

Semantics. pfft.

August 7, 2009

Semantics. pfft.
Not hardly! If wearing and carrying were the same, then the pathological liar would not have had to change them, now would he?

The Teabaggers were CARRYING signs with Nazi symbols calling health care reform supporters Nazis. Carrying signs calling other people Nazis, as Pelosi correctly reported, is quite different from WEARING Nazi symbols as Stuttering LimpTard "reported."

I'll admit I have cringed when Rush wanders over the line into poor taste, and some of his attempts at humor fall flat with me. I certainly don't agree with him on all his conclusions. I can appreciate how his personality and delivery methods and style would not be everybody's cup of tea.

But there is nobody in the business better researched than he is with the possible exception of Glenn Beck. And though he has slipped in the ratings in recent years as he has had more and more really good competition, he has firmly held that #1 ratings spot for well over 20 years now, so he definitely has something going for him.

Taking words and phrases out of context is what most liberals mostly do in order to criticize or trash those on the right. But what I find amusing is that those complaining that conservative talk radio hosts or commentators are 'mean' or 'insulting' or 'liars' or 'hateful' can be really mean, insulting, hateful, and dishonest in describing them. And they don't seem to mind at all when others who think as they do use the most ugly, crass, and disgusting terms to describe them. The double standard is alive and well. :)

Funny how you just can't deal with what the conservatives say on their programs without doing a liberal bash, Fox.

That's my problem with you. You can't seem to concede a true point. Conservative talk radio is largely about insulting the other side rather than promoting their own ideas.

If it were more. facts, just the facts, maam I would listen to it.

August 7, 2009

Semantics. pfft.
Not hardly! If wearing and carrying were the same, then the pathological liar would not have had to change them, now would he?

The Teabaggers were CARRYING signs with Nazi symbols calling health care reform supporters Nazis. Carrying signs calling other people Nazis, as Pelosi correctly reported, is quite different from WEARING Nazi symbols as Stuttering LimpTard "reported."

Wearing or carrying doesn't take away the fact that Pelosi was trying to paint the Tea Partiers as Nazi's. Damn you are one stupid fuck. Get your head out of Rush's ass and take a break.

I'll admit I have cringed when Rush wanders over the line into poor taste, and some of his attempts at humor fall flat with me. I certainly don't agree with him on all his conclusions. I can appreciate how his personality and delivery methods and style would not be everybody's cup of tea.

But there is nobody in the business better researched than he is with the possible exception of Glenn Beck. And though he has slipped in the ratings in recent years as he has had more and more really good competition, he has firmly held that #1 ratings spot for well over 20 years now, so he definitely has something going for him.

Taking words and phrases out of context is what most liberals mostly do in order to criticize or trash those on the right. But what I find amusing is that those complaining that conservative talk radio hosts or commentators are 'mean' or 'insulting' or 'liars' or 'hateful' can be really mean, insulting, hateful, and dishonest in describing them. And they don't seem to mind at all when others who think as they do use the most ugly, crass, and disgusting terms to describe them. The double standard is alive and well. :)

I would agree with that.

Funny how you just can't deal with what the conservatives say on their programs without doing a liberal bash, Fox.

That's my problem with you. You can't seem to concede a true point. Conservative talk radio is largely about insulting the other side rather than promoting their own ideas.

I have done several posts re conservative content without even mentioning liberals or liberalism in any form. You counter with how mean and insulting they are. You seem hell bent on trashing conservativism and conservatives, most especailly conservative talk show hosts or those who defend them and don't see how insulting your own comments sometimes are. And you have never once criticzed Ed or others who use the most hateful terms to describe anybody they don't agree with.

As I said, the double standard is alive and well.

Last edited:

I have done several posts re conservative content without even mentioning liberals or liberalism in any form. You, however, seem hell bent on trashing conservativism and conservatives, most especailly conservative talk show hosts or those who defend them and don't see how insulting your own comments sometimes are.

I've thanked you for the posts you've made that were informatiive and not bashing.

I think conservatives sometimes have good ideas. I concede points when they're right.

I've been specific as to which conservative pundits I don't like to listen to and why. Ann Coulter for example, writes a book with the title, HOW TO TALK TO A LIBERAL (IF YOU HAVE TO).

Pretty insulting, and you defend her. Go figure.

Last edited:

I have done several posts re conservative content without even mentioning liberals or liberalism in any form. You, however, seem hell bent on trashing conservativism and conservatives, most especailly conservative talk show hosts or those who defend them and don't see how insulting your own comments sometimes are.

I've thanked you for the posts you've made that were informatiive and not bashing.

I think conservatives sometimes have good ideas. I concede points when they're right.

I've been specific as to which conservative pundits I don't like to listen to and why. Ann Coulter for example, writes a book with the title, HOW TO TALK TO A LIBERAL (IF YOU HAVE TO).

Thanks for the thanks. When you can actually discuss something controversial without being insulting to the persons you are discussing or who you are discussing something with, then a cordial discussion of concepts becomes possible. You so far have not shown that you can do that.

The fact that you didn't find the video funny though makes it pretty unlikely that you and I will ever have any common ground on this subject. People who are able to be rationale and who don't have huge chips on their shoulder are most likely going to understand demonstrating absurdity with absurdity and will enjoy it. There are always exceptions of course.

And now as I told Ravi, I knew I was going to regret getting into this. Unless somebody wants to discuss something other than just bashing Dr. Laura, I don't think I'll have anything else to contribute. Ya'll do have a good day.

Last edited:

Thanks for the thanks. When you can actually discuss something controversial without being insulting to the persons you are discussing or who you are discussing something with, then a cordial discussion of concepts becomes possible. You so far have not shown that you can do that.

The fact that you didn't find the video funny though makes it pretty unlikely that you and I will ever have any common ground on this subject. People who are able to be rationale and who don't have huge chips on their shoulder are most likely going to understand demonstrating absurdity with absurdity and will enjoy it.

Start from now. I just paid you a compliment.

I don't find the clip you provided funny. So what? Is that some kind of personal insult to you? How so?

I haven't insulted you, but you have just told me I have a huge chip on my shoulder. what are you talking about?

I used to find this kind of humor you provided funny thirty years ago but my sense of humor has changed. So what? How am I harming you in any way because I didn't laugh at the clip you provided.

You still don't address my comments about Ms Coulter. Do you consider Coulter's style a helpful way to build communication between liberals and conservatives?

We do find common ground. I have repped you a number of times for informative posts free of prejudice. We haven't found the same things funny yet. It's not a deal breaker for me, but I'm only 50% of this connection between us.

Last edited:

Well, there you go again! pontificating without the slightest anything to back it up.

He is no better researched than Coulter!!!! No CON$ervative pundit does any research, they merely parrot the GOP scripts handed to them. The "research" is done by GOP think tanks. It's piss easy to tell that they are reading a script rather than doing independent research. When there is an error in their script they all parrot the same error. They ALL could not have INDEPENDENTLY made the same error in their "RESEARCH."

Please explain how this short "Who's Who" of CON$ervatism all have the same common error if they all weren't parroting the same erroneous script as their own independent research???? I know you are too gutless to answer because you would have to admit you were so easily duped, but I have to at least ask.

1. RUSH: ... It's kind of like the moment when Al Gore walked into Thomas Jefferson's place Monticello. There were all these busts up there. Gore is out there walking around with Clinton with the curator of the place, and Gore is looking thoughtfully, like he's in this great vast museum, and he has one hand on his (imitating for Ditto-camers) like this and his finger is on his chin, and he points to, "Who is that?" and the curator says, "That's George Washington." "Who is that?" "That's Benjamin Franklin."

2. “Who are these guys?” On CNN (1/19/93)
—Gore, asking a Monticello tour guide to identify the busts of Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and Marquis de Lafayette.
Source: AmeriPAC

3. Why is this veep never caught holding the hot 'potatoe'?
The American Spectator
August, 1998 Byron York
It was a scene that would become a favorite among aficionados of Al Gore's frequent but often under-reported verbal bloopers. On Sunday, January 17, 1993, just days before the
Clinton/Gore inauguration, the vice president- elect was touring Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home outside Charlottesville, Virginia. The visit was an important photo-op; Gore and Bill Clinton were about to start their showy retracing of the trip Jefferson took to Washington for his own inaugural in 1801.
Guided by Daniel Jordan, executive director of Monticello, Gore came upon a row of white marble busts. "Who are these people?" he asked. A little taken aback, Jordan hesitated and quietly answered. That's George Washington on the right, he said. And that's Benjamin Franklin. And Jefferson, too.
Gore had asked an almost breathtakingly stupid question, the kind that when uttered in public can result in a barrage of mocking reports in the press. But the soon-to-be vice president's comments didn't attract much coverage.

4. He ( Quayle ) became a political punch line after correcting a youth at a spelling bee by asking him to add an "e" to the correct spellingof "potato." ... While Quayle was routinely roasted in the media, current VicePresident Al Gore seems to have largely gotten a free pass from the media for bizarre gaffes that surpass Quayle's. ... In 1993, in a tour of Thomas Jefferson's Virginia estate of Monticello, Gore asked about a row of busts: "Who are these people?" The New York Times explained the curator "helpfully identified the unfamiliar faces: `This is George Washington on the extreme right,' with Benjamin Franklin close behind." TV coverage? Zero.
Source: The Florida Times-Union

5. Which vice president is the king of gaffes?
Human Events, by Graham, Tim
The TV media have had a field day with Dan Quayle, but Al Gore has a history of silly flubs and boasts, and the networks have a history of ignoring them:
* Jan. 17, 1993: In a tour of Monticello, Gore asked about a row of busts: "Who are these people?" The New York Times explained the curator "helpfully identified the unfamiliar faces: `This is George Washington on the extreme right,' with Benjamin Franklin close behind." TV coverage? Zero.

6. U.S. History in the Balance - Brief Article
Insight on the News, Dec 13, 1999 by John Elvin
Insight reader Hazel Edwards is somewhat incensed that Vice President Al Gore "is making a big to-do over George W. Bush not knowing the names of some of the world leaders in a recent interview, saying it raised serious questions about his ability to lead the nation." Edwards thinks Gore ought to tend to his own pot before attacking Bush's kettle.
Edwards notes that while on a tour of Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello, a few years back, Gore pointed out two statues and asked the curator whom they represented. "Well," Edwards quotes the curator as responding, "that one's Ben Franklin and that one's George Washington."

7. January 17, 1993: During a tour of Monticello, [Vice President Al] Gore inquired about a row of marble busts: "Who are these people?" One was George Washington; another, Ben Franklin.
-- Intellectual Ammunition, July/August 1999

8. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS: IS AL GORE AN ALIEN?
by Jonah Goldberg
"While touring Monticello, Gore asked a guide, “Who are these people?” while pointing at statues of Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Ben Franklin."

9. Which Vice President is the King of Gaffes?
Watch our video collection of Gore Gaffes
On ABC's This Week March 14, Bill Kristol noted Al Gore's gotten a free pass on gaffes. George Stephanopoulos protested: "It's hard to say he's gotten a pass. Every time he opens his mouth he gets popped." Not true on TV morning and evening newscasts:
January 17, 1993: In a tour of Monticello, Gore asked about a row of busts: "Who are these people?" The New York Times explained the curator "helpfully identified the unfamiliar faces: 'This is George Washington on the extreme right and Franklin on the left...
L. Brent Bozell III, Publisher; Brent Baker, Tim Graham, Editors; Jessica Anderson, Brian Boyd, Geoffrey Dickens, Mark Drake, Paul Smith, Media Analysts; Kristina Sewell, Research Associate. For the latest liberal media bias, read the CyberAlert at www.mrc.org.

10. In a highly publicized stop at Monticello during Clinton's 1993 inaugural festivities, Gore pointed to carvings of Washington and Benjamin Franklin and asked the curator: 'Who are these guys?' He was surrounded by reporters and TV cameras when he said it.

11. While visiting Monticello in January 1993, Mr. Gore asked whom the busts of
George Washington and Benjamin Franklin depicted, since he did not recognize them.
Source: The Washington Times

12. WHILE ON A TOUR of Monticello as vice president, Al Gore examined busts of George Washington and Benjamin Franklin and asked the curator, "Who are these people?" A single newspaper reported Gore's embarrassing ignorance. Meanwhile when presidential candidate George W. Bush was unable to name the leaders of four nations in a reporter's pop quiz, it was a topic of media concern for weeks.
Ann Coulter's latest book, "Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right," is rich with delightfully revealing comparisons like this one, compiled to expose the liberal media's double standard when it comes to matters of left and right. ...
Source: The Weekly Standard

13. Gored by his own ox
Joel Miller
© 1999 WorldNetDaily.com
Dan Quayle caught a lot of flack for being a moron, which is not a nice thing to do to a guy -- harmful to the self-esteem and all. Well, the media must have been convicted that endlessly pointing out the mental vacuity of veeps is morally wrong, because, when it came time for Al Gore to become the most important substitute player in professional sports, the pundits, journalists, and anonymous sources all stayed home any time Gore used his wingtips to wipe the drool from his mouth.
While Gore may be capable of spelling potato without a hitch, considering the many moronic mutterings he's made since donning the mantle of vice president, he definitely needs the "Be a dolt for free" pass the media decided to grant him so many years ago.
Remember the incident in which the VP was strolling through the halls of Monticello, ogling at the busts of the Founding Fathers? "Who are these people?" Gore asked the tour guide. Without a chuckle, the gracious man was kind enough inform the vice president that he was staring at the figures of George Washington and Benjamin Franklin -- folks who he had hopefully heard about, I should think.

Semantics. pfft.

Wearing or carrying doesn't take away the fact that Pelosi was trying to paint the Tea Partiers as Nazi's. Damn you are one stupid fuck. Get your head out of Rush's ass and take a break.
Of course "wearing" and "carrying" makes a big difference or your MessiahRushie would not have changed the words!!!

The Teabaggers were the ones calling Americans with the signs they carried. LimpTard changed what Pelosi said in order to portray the name calling Teabaggers as innocent VICTIMS of name calling. Nothing Pelosi actually said even remotely called the Teabaggers Nazis, that's why the pathological liar had to change her words. Wearing Nazi symbols implies support for Nazism, whereas carrying signs calling Americans Nazis for supporting Health Care Reform doesn't.

You, of course, know this, but lying is the Holy Eucharist of the hate religion of CON$ervatism.

The fact that you didn't find the video funny though makes it pretty unlikely that you and I will ever have any common ground on this subject. People who are able to be rationale and who don't have huge chips on their shoulder are most likely going to understand demonstrating absurdity with absurdity and will enjoy it.

Start from now. I just paid you a compliment.

I don't find the clip you provided funny. So what? Is that some kind of personal insult to you? How so?

I haven't insulted you, but you have just told me I have a huge chip on my shoulder. what are you talking about?

First clue. When you say something like THIS: "Pretty insulting, and you defend her. Go figure", THAT is an insult. You might want to think about that a little bit before you go patting yourself on the back that you haven't been insulting.

I used to find this kind of humor you provided funny thirty years ago but my sense of humor has changed. So what? How am I harming you in any way because I didn't laugh at the clip you provided.

You don't harm me when you say you don't laugh at the clip. I certainly have not suggested that you have harmed me in any way about anything. I have not given you any power to harm me. And it is quite presumptious of you if you think you have any such power or I implied in any way that you did.

You still don't address my comments about Ms Coulter. Do you consider Coulter's style a helpful way to build communication between liberals and conservatives?

I have addressed your comments about Ann Coulter and you ignored it. Ann Coulter is not in the business of building communications between liberals and conservatives and it is highly presumptious of you to dictate to her in how she should be helpful. Ann Coulter is a satirist who has been very successful in what she does. Nobody requires you to listen to her, read her, buy her books, or pay her any attention whatsoever. And she has no power to hurt anybody and doesn't hurt anybody other than in what power they hand to her. My favorite column of hers wasn't bashing liberals at all. It was taking on George Bush and his immigration policy. And it was funny as hell. I suspect even he found it funny because he's pretty grown up.

I don't expect you to understand that or how carrying a big chip on one's shoulder or wearing prejudices on ones sleeve is not conducive to building communications.

We do find common ground. I have repped you a number of times for informative posts free of prejudice. We haven't found the same things funny yet. It's not a deal breaker for me, but I'm only 50% of this connection between us.

Hon as long as you insist on being judge and jury re what is and is not 'free of prejudice' I doubt we'll find a whole lot of common ground. The video clip was funny to people who can understand demonstrating absurdity with absurdity. I suppose for those who can't understand that, it isn't funny. But it's pretty hard to find anybody that you don't agree with about something.

I have done several posts re conservative content without even mentioning liberals or liberalism in any form. You counter with how mean and insulting they are. You seem hell bent on trashing conservativism and conservatives, most especailly conservative talk show hosts or those who defend them and don't see how insulting your own comments sometimes are. And you have never once criticzed Ed or others who use the most hateful terms to describe anybody they don't agree with.

It is not a double standard, as I have already explained to you and you have chosen to ignore. All the "hateful terms" I use have already been used by professing Christian Stuttering LimpTard and approved by CON$ as acceptable terms of satire and humor when he uses him. The Golden Rule is a bitch, isn't it? It's meant to be!!!

Your MessiahRushie attacked Obama for stuttering and ahhhs, and he stutters and ahhhs habitually. He calls Carter "the National Hemorrhoid" so I call Limptard "America's Hemorrhoid" a take off on his "America's Anchorman." His "Tardifying" Libs was approved by Celebutard Palin as satire, and she has anointed herself as the spokesperson for all retards. The pathological liar claimed, and Celebutard Palin concurred, that LimpTard never used the "Tard" reference until after Rahm Emanuel, so it was acceptable satire because Rahm used it first, but Limptard was calling Obama and Libs who supported him like Oprah "Celebutards" a full year BEFORE Rahm and in support of her election as VP, and he had a promo for his 1990s TV show that called the residents of DC "retards" because no TV channel carried his TV program there.

And if you don't like the Golden Rule rationalization, then you are using a double standard yourself because it is a better rationalization then the ones he uses to say "thug" is a "Term of Endearment" or insulting one person's name and another's speech pattern is an "Act of Compassion."

April 24, 2008
RUSH: Mayor Daley's cops, his thugs went out there and were attacking Democrats, and the SDS was there and all the anti-war crowd -- the Jerry Reubens and the Tom Haydens -- they were starting fires and so forth, and the Democrats sent Mayor Daley's thugs out there to beat 'em upside the head!

April 24, 2008
CALLER: However, I'm one of those so-called thugs that you referred to. A Chicago policeman from '68 that was one of Daley so-called henchmen -- which we weren't, by the way, Rush.

RUSH: Wait, wait, wait just a second. You know, I understand why you called. You don't understand. I was proud of the cops. It was a term -- Daley's goons, Daley's thugs -- the point to me was that Daley had sent you guys out to beat up on his own people.

CALLER: A lot of us were very, very conservative.

RUSH: No, no, no. It was a term of endearment.

April 1, 2008
RUSH: New York governor Mario Cooomo who was on -- where was this? -- The Situation Room. For those of you new to the program, "Rush, it's Cuo-mo." I know that. But a long time ago, I heard the Reverend Jackson pronounce his name "Cooomo." You know, it's not stylish and it's not classy to correct somebody's pronunciation of things, especially when the mistake is made by a man of the cloth and a respected, revered Rev. So if he thinks it's Cooomo, then on this program, it's Cooomo, and that is an act of compassion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back