Why I still open doors for my wife after well over 30 years of marriage.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Simple. She waits for me to do it. She can get to a door a full minute before I do, and she will stand there waiting for me to come and open it. If she had just barred through the door herself over the years I would probably have forgotten all about the man's duty to open doors.

Point being, that men have stopped being men because women have lowered their expectations so much. Luckily Mrs flops is the exception.

Simple. She waits for me to do it. She can get to a door a full minute before I do, and she will stand there waiting for me to come and open it. If she had just barred through the door herself over the years I would probably have forgotten all about the man's duty to open doors.

Point being, that men have stopped being men because women have lowered their expectations so much. Luckily Mrs flops is the exception.

And here I thought it was because you weren't a baboon!

How would she feel if you sat down at the table and waited for dinner to be cooked?

Now that I think about it, my ex generally would expect that stuff.

Not when I was trying to get out the door and she was blockin' it, though.

She was kinda upper far right on the hot/crazy scale.

She did that, and I wasn't gonna shove her around, so I went out the window. :auiqs.jpg:

(After unlocking it while distracting her then distracting her again) :abgg2q.jpg:

She was blonde.

Now that I think about it, my ex generally would expect that stuff.

Not when I was trying to get out the door and she was blockin' it, though.

She was kinda upper far right on the hot/crazy scale.

She did that, and I wasn't gonna shove her around, so I went out the window. :auiqs.jpg:

(After unlocking it while distracting her then distracting her again) :abgg2q.jpg:

She was blonde.
Hot, blonde and crazy. like Harley-Quinn?

Does she say thank you?

---A 36-year-old man is facing charges, accused of threatening to shoot a woman who did not thank him for holding the door open at a gas station in Berkeley.---

I'm so happy to read another hubby besides mine also still does this! I love it and so do on-lookers. They often comment-- the last one received the other day by a 50 ( ish ) lady, "Now that's how it should be". We also still hold hands anywhere we walk and people look at that and then at our faces and they smile. My hubby says he loves doing all this. aww. :11_2_1043:

I treat my beloved with as much love and respect as is possible. It is my joy to do and hers to receive.
One morning at the grocery store, I walked her to the passenger side and opened the door for her.
After closing the door, I walked around the back of the car and a lovely lady in her thirties said to me

and pushing her basket towards me said, "Do you have any sons?"
I pass out cards every day to strangers I meet, quoting a noted psychiatrist.

“We scientists have found that doing a kindness produces the
single most reliable momentary increase in well-being of any
exercise we have tested.” – Martin Seligman, PhD, in his book Flourish

I can email a Word document formatted to print out about thirty of these in rows that

are easily cut up with scissors into small cards or pieces of paper to hand out for anyone
who wants to spread kindness.

“I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.” — Jewish Proverb

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in
trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the
unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

"People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are
the ones who do." - Steve Jobs

Forum List

Back