Why I'm dropping my opposition to SSM

Anyone have a clue what this thread is about? Or are we just wingin' it? :dunno:

Well, Pop is drunk...again, but it's gotta be noon somewhere. And tipsycat, who may be drunk as well, wants to divorce the United States of America.
I don't drink. I'm perfect. I have no vices at all. I just recognize that the United States is in the process of breaking up. It has already stopped functioning as a cohesive unit.

LOL! Suddenly, I'm feeling patriotic.

Well, yeah, cuz the US has never been split on any issue in our entire history.

Anyone have a clue what this thread is about? Or are we just wingin' it? :dunno:

Well, Pop is drunk...again, but it's gotta be noon somewhere. And tipsycat, who may be drunk as well, wants to divorce the United States of America.
I don't drink. I'm perfect. I have no vices at all. I just recognize that the United States is in the process of breaking up. It has already stopped functioning as a cohesive unit.

I think it's time for you to get a vice, hobby, or something.
Spoken like a true liberal. I doubt you can impose your vices on me but you are welcome to try.

How is that integration thing working out for you? How is political party compromise working out? Gay "rights" will go along the very same lines.

Decent people, people who believe in personal liberties, will keep on fighting the good fight.

And, we ARE winning.

Deal with it.

Years ago, when my wife and I decided to blend our two families and the children opposed the move.

Soon the USSC will demand that we blend our family, I see no way that they can't.

Now my parent (USSC) has told me that my world is about to be rocked, and it's not my decision and they expect me to welcome these people into this new blended family.

Happy or not I have few options. I can fight, or try to accept the fact that this will happen and its best to look at the good and help improve the bad.

I will do as I expected my child to do when my new Bride and her child moved into my (our) home, welcome them to this new blended world.

I'm sure both the children hoped that one of us would be left standing at the alter alone, and there is that hope, I suppose. But the reality is what it is.

in our case the start of this new family was rocky. There were times that it really could have torn our world apart. We fought to keep it together and it eventually worked, and that is my hope for this new blend.

Should the USSC tell its children that they are blending our family, I may go into it kicking and screaming but I hope that it all works in the end.

After all, our blending took me from Pop21 to eventually Pop23.

It was a wild ride, but after 28 years, well worth it. Let's hope it works as well for this new family

Wowza, that's mighty big of you. (eye roll) You should attach one of those thingamajig's on your keyboard to prevent you from posting while drunk.

I'm always drunk. If that thingamajig is beer, I'll attach it, if not, I ain't interested!

I gathered that on my own.

Duh

You have to accept people as they are, you should not attempt to make them change to your ways.......
No, I don't have to accept people as they are.

I WILL tolerate who they are, however.

That is exactly what the word 'tolerate' means, btw.

I disagree with who you are, but will not try to change it.

If winning means splitting the country you certainly ARE winning.

The nation has always had differences. We have always compromised, found some foundation for agreement and gone on. That's missing. There is no more willingness to compromise.

I was hoping for two things:

1. One side was going to send me beer in appreciation

Or

2. The other side was going to send me beer to STFU

So far I'm thinking this is a failed thread

The flaw in your analogy is that you fought to keep it together and wanted it to work. No one is fighting to keep the national family together. It's time to divorce.
more rw revolutionary rhetoric :tinfoil: Remember what happened last time you people did that Sugar Shorts?

You have to accept people as they are, you should not attempt to make them change to your ways.......

Toleration is no longer the issue. Will you accept perversion? Will you not tolerate it in your neighbor's house but invite it into your own?

Spoken like a true liberal. I doubt you can impose your vices on me but you are welcome to try.

Okay, lets start with music. Music is my favorite vice. It certainly picks me up when I'm feeling down. Maybe this will help you feel better.

Toleration is no longer the issue. Will you accept perversion? Will you not tolerate it in your neighbor's house but invite it into your own?
I have no dog in the gay fight other than people using government to force feed the masses a minorities agenda.

However, exposing intolerance is a hobby of Mine.

Okay, lets start with music. Music is my favorite vice. It certainly picks me up when I'm feeling down. Maybe this will help you feel better.

John Lennon?

Bleh...

Lennon was shot 15 years to late....The Beatles suck.

The flaw in your analogy is that you fought to keep it together and wanted it to work. No one is fighting to keep the national family together. It's time to divorce.
more rw revolutionary rhetoric :tinfoil: Remember what happened last time you people did that Sugar Shorts?
Was there a revolution when the Soviet Union broke up? It just collapsed.

There will be no grand revolution in the US. The various tribes will just get further and further apart and coalesce into distinct communities that simply have no interest in any other community. There might be some intertribal skirmishes but that's about all.

John Lennon?

Bleh...

^^ Future sigline.

Obviously schnockered. So early in the day too. :uhh:

John Lennon?

Bleh...

You're just suffering from class envy.

John Lennon?

Bleh...

You're just suffering from class envy.

You are talking about Lennon, right? He would have to have some first.

Was there a revolution when the Soviet Union broke up? It just collapsed.

There will be no grand revolution in the US. The various tribes will just get further and further apart and coalesce into distinct communities that simply have no interest in any other community. There might be some intertribal skirmishes but that's about all.

Your tribe will soon die off.

Forum List

Back