🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

why im not sold on trump

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Because after fighting for conservative principles through the past 8 years which include limited government and restoring the constitution, I don't see how electing a Republican Obama whose only real difference is that he wants to build a wall is going to shake things up

Because after fighting for conservative principles through the past 8 years which include limited government and restoring the constitution, I don't see how electing a Republican Obama whose only real difference is that he wants to build a wall is going to shake things up
Trump is for tax cuts.

You are a loserterian that doesn't believe in seeing America remain a first world country. Sorry, but the 20th century taught us one thing and that capitalism needs some government regulations. You're just wrong.
You're just wrong. If anything needs regulated, it's this huge, unaccountable, and bankrupt government.

images

TRUMPUTIN SAYS: WHTIE POWER! WHITE POWER!

What I find strange about this is that you, Avatar4321, were all in for Romney. Another rich, politically moderate businessman.

The difference is, this one has conviction, whereas Romney was falling all over himself trying to explain that he wasn't what he so obviously was.

There are some positions that Trump holds that I am not particularly fond of. But at least the man tells me the truth about them.

So, which positions of Trumps do you, Avatar4321, find so terribly different from Romney's positions that you did support with gusto? And encouraged me to support?

Last edited:

What I find strange about this is that you were all in for Romney. Another rich, politically moderate businessman.

The difference is, this one has conviction, whereas Romney was all falling all over himself explaining why he wasn't what he so obviously was.

There are some positions that Trump holds that I am not particularly fond of. But at least the man tells me the truth about them.

So, which positions of Trumps do you find so terribly different from Romney's positions that you did support with gusto? And encouraged me to support?
We weren't all for Romney. We were for whoever ran against Obama. I would have voted for a smoldering sack of dog shit to get The Blamer out of office.

What I find strange about this is that you were all in for Romney. Another rich, politically moderate businessman.

The difference is, this one has conviction, whereas Romney was all falling all over himself explaining why he wasn't what he so obviously was.

So, which positions of Trumps do you find so terribly different from Romney's positions that you did support with gusto? And encouraged me to support?
We weren't all for Romney. We were for whoever ran against Obama. I would have voted for a smoldering sack of dog shit to get The Blamer out of office.

I'm with ya. This was a post specifically addressed to Avatar4321...not a general post.

I reworded it, so it was more directly tailored. Thanks for pointing that out.

You are a loserterian that doesn't believe in seeing America remain a first world country. Sorry, but the 20th century taught us one thing and that capitalism needs some government regulations. You're just wrong.
You're just wrong. If anything needs regulated, it's this huge, unaccountable, and bankrupt government.
Matthew is the class dunce of USMB so take his posts as you will

People don't understand what it takes to be a first world country.

You think voting in a populist who says "Make America great again" will actually make this happen. Making a wall won't make it happen, doing all the stuff Trump says won't make it happen.

But it sounds good, so you can a feel good factor while seeing the country eat itself alive.

Kind of sums a lot of people up.

They don't give a shit who's in the White House, as long as they're from their own team.

Hey M! I know this post is for Avatar but I just wanted to say ... the bolded, above? I don't know that Trump is telling the truth ... about anything. I don't trust him, his past and even present positions are riddle with big government support. I simply do not trust him. How do you know what he is saying is truthful? How do you know that he isn't just full of hot air? I haven't seen any of his plans on how he is going to make America great again. He spouts a lot but I really don't believe he has the follow-through.

Hey M! I know this post is for Avatar but I just wanted to say ... the bolded, above? I don't know that Trump is telling the truth ... about anything. I don't trust him, his past and even present positions are riddle with big government support. I simply do not trust him. How do you know what he is saying is truthful? How do you know that he isn't just full of hot air? I haven't seen any of his plans on how he is going to make America great again. He spouts a lot but I really don't believe he has the follow-through.

I believe he is being honest because he is not always trying to be, or say, exactly what I, or other conservatives want to hear. for example, Trump says things like Planned Parenthood isn't all bad. I'm not keen on Planned Parenthood's abortion mills...and I don't like tax dollars going to them. But, when he says things that go against conservative ideology...it makes me trust more the things he says he truly supports.

The same with John Kasich. He says some things that cost him support in the Primaries. But, because of that, I trust that he truly believes in the things he supports.

Rubio and the gang of eight thing, he was against it before he was for it before he was against it. It has led me to believe he is Romney part two...say whatever it takes to get elected.

Cruz had that whole thing with lying about Carson dropping out of the race in Iowa...but honestly, I chose to support Trump before that. What I learned, after much research, is that a far right candidate cannot win the nomination. The RNC has rigged the game. There are some good articles that I will link to below that give excellent explainations as to the Blue Wall of Moderation that gives the establishment candidate the advantage.

You can skip down to bullet point #5, but the entire article is interesting. The GOP Race for Delegates: An Interactive Tool | RealClearPolitics

And this one I found the most compelling. The GOP’s Primary Rules Might Doom Carson, Cruz And Trump

Last edited:
Trust Trump?

Trump was for the invasion of Iraq before he was against it.
Trump thought Hillary was doing a good job; now it's a different story.
Trump says he's self-funding. He isn't.

These are just 3 of the "evolutions" (aka lies) he's told. Gee, a politician lying. Call 60 minutes. If you think they'll do a good job based on their plans, proven strategies that worked in the past, or if you share their values (as I do Obama), I can see overlooking some, ahem, evolutions.

Anyone think Trump has a sound financial plan? Cut taxes, increase Military Spending above the $500B+ we ALREADY spend, spend millions upon millions (if not billions) deporting housekeepers and gardeners so that you, yes you Mr. Unemployed Ameican can fulfill your dream of dusting someone else's knick nacks or mowing their lawn...

And the thing he is supposed to be good at is probably the most egregious violation of logic the voting public has witnessed since Mitt Romney's "self deportation" strategy. That tariff on Chinese goods. He's telling you idiots that most of what you buy outside of food will suffer a stiff price increase; everything from computers to coozies, from pens to printers. It's a good thing that wages have been going up steadily...otherwise most couldn't afford the assured price increases.

His "plans" are shit. I mean, anyone who spends 10 sober seconds looking at them can come to only that conclusion. Which is why there are no specifics in them.

So that would leave values. If you share his values of "making America great again", well, he's your guy I suppose. Only xenophobia, leaders without the faintest inkling of how government works, and a shocking level of classlessness in our President hasn't been what made America great in the first place.

In the future, when someone calls the GOP the "Party of Stupid" consider the dynamic....we're set to have a contest between the Clintons and one of their chief financial supporters for President courtesy of the GOP. Its a title you guys are earning.

Just what is he wrong again.

We need regulations for what ?

Not supporting the likes of Trump is understandable, but this post otherwise makes no sense.

Social conservatives show little interest in 'limited government,' and the Constitution is in no need of 'restoration' – the notion is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong; the Constitution exists now as always, as intended by the Framers, in the context of its case law, determined by the Supreme Court.

And the idea that the president and Trump are somehow 'similar' is likewise ridiculous – Trump represents everything the president opposes: fear, bigotry, hate, and the blind adherence to failed conservative dogma.

Also, unlike Obama, Trump seeks to divide, to exploit the fear and bigotry that clearly manifests among at least a third of republicans and conservatives, pursuing a reckless, irresponsible reactionary agenda hostile to sound, responsible governance.

Last, a 'real difference' can never be realized by electing someone like Trump president, actual change can come only from the very local level, not from the 'top down.'

Not supporting the likes of Trump is understandable, but this post otherwise makes no sense.

Social conservatives show little interest in 'limited government,' and the Constitution is in no need of 'restoration' – the notion is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong; the Constitution exists now as always, as intended by the Framers, in the context of its case law, determined by the Supreme Court.

And the idea that the president and Trump are somehow 'similar' is likewise ridiculous – Trump represents everything the president opposes: fear, bigotry, hate, and the blind adherence to failed conservative dogma.

Also, unlike Obama, Trump seeks to divide, to exploit the fear and bigotry that clearly manifests among at least a third of republicans and conservatives, pursuing a reckless, irresponsible reactionary agenda hostile to sound, responsible governance.

Last, a 'real difference' can never be realized by electing someone like Trump president, actual change can come only from the very local level, not from the 'top down.'

Were you not the one yacking six months ago that Trump would never come close to the nomination.

It's O.K. to admit you don't know what you are talking about (even trying to sound so superior while doing it).

Forum List

Back