🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Irma May Be Declared A Racist?,It May Avoid The "Racist White" West Coast.

It takes something more akin to a bunker than a house to withstand a cat 5.
What category was Hurricane Charlie?
Google says cat 4, why ask me rather than google?
Cuz youre a good fella, and would answer me :)

I was inside of charlie.

whoa that sounded bad.
I was making a count the other day, I've been through about 15 of these things. Opal was the the worst for me, in Pensacola. Roof blew off, sheltered in a closet for hours.

This one looks like the worst ever. Which one was Charlie?
charlie was like 03 or some such

i know it was after 9/11 cuz we were very nervous about the weed we shipped ourselves via USPS. :)

It takes something more akin to a bunker than a house to withstand a cat 5.

I was inside of charlie.

whoa that sounded bad.
I was making a count the other day, I've been through about 15 of these things. Opal was the the worst for me, in Pensacola. Roof blew off, sheltered in a closet for hours.

2004, took a pat very similar to the one projected for irma.

What about using clay and aerodynamics?
Most houses are blown down by tornadoes in a hurricane. nothing can really withstand one.
there are hurricane proof houses, we just dont build them is the thing.
Too expensive. Even then it can only be "hurricane proof" up to about a 3 or so and if it is a tornado all bets are off. I once saw the immediate aftermath of an f5 tornado, even the soil was gone.

I was inside of charlie.

whoa that sounded bad.

Did it take a sharp right and slam Punta Gorda?

Most houses are blown down by tornadoes in a hurricane. nothing can really withstand one.
Too expensive. Even then it can only be "hurricane proof" up to about a 3 or so and if it is a tornado all bets are off. I once saw the immediate aftermath of an f5 tornado, even the soil was gone.
no way .....theres designs for 400mph winds..

but yea its the cost, thats the inhibiting factor.

shame. science for nothin and my chicks for free

I was inside of charlie.

whoa that sounded bad.

Did it take a sharp right and slam Punta Gorda?
800px-Charley_2004_track.png

No one wants to live in a bunker, at least not until the storm is on the way. Normal houses made from wood and steel can be made quite strong and still fall prey to large debris and trees. Also practically nothing withstands a strong storm surge, the real killer of houses on the coast.

I have to go right this minute to board up another house. You never said where you are but if you are in the "cone of uncertanty" as I am stay safe. This applies to OP as well even though he is treating this like some sick joke.

No one wants to live in a bunker, at least not until the storm is on the way. Normal houses made from wood and steel can be made quite strong and still fall prey to large debris and trees. Also practically nothing withstands a strong storm surge, the real killer of houses on the coast.

I have to go right this minute to board up another house. You never said where you are but if you are in the "cone of uncertanty" as I am stay safe. This applies to OP as well even though he is treating this like some sick joke.
in NY.

Have a good one man!~

Forum List

Back