Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
Why is a federal minimum wage rate needed?
Our federal courts have upheld our Fair Labor Practices Act’s statutes, but there are still those that question the need for it to be federal law. The federal minimum wage rate limits lower wage rate states extents to deliberately or inadvertently undermine labor markets within other USA states.

States can choose to modify the federal minimum rate statutes within their own jurisdictions. But they’re prohibited from infringing upon or otherwise undermining any USA employees and other USA entities¸ (particularly other state's labor markets), protections due to the federal laws. Employees and their dependents within states of governments having lesser consideration for their citizens, (i.e. states of lower applicable minimum wage rates), proportional to their wages, are the greater net beneficiaries of the federal minimum wage rate.
Respectfully, Supposn

Whites are going to be removed from the work force. The 100,000.+ per month illegals will be taking those minimum wage jobs, and the Dems would like for them to make more money than the previous employees.
The Law of Unintended Consequences tells us that companies with go full bore automation, doing away with the jobs, and it will further enlarge the welfare rolls.

It is needed to the extent poverty exists and programs designed to combat poverty are merely used to subsidize Capitalists and their bottom line. Otherwise, if Capitalism worked as advertised, no minimum wages would have ever been necessary.
hahhahahahhahahahahah
SHALLOW thinker you are
.....a lot people are in poverty because they are stupid/lazy/mental/etc--NOT because of wages
....a lot of kids before they are mentally and FINANCIALLY ready
etc

It is needed to the extent poverty exists and programs designed to combat poverty are merely used to subsidize Capitalists and their bottom line. Otherwise, if Capitalism worked as advertised, no minimum wages would have ever been necessary.
????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the welfare programs are NOT for the poor but for the Capitalists???!!!!!???
HAHAHHAHAHHHAAH
WOW!!!!!!!

States and localities have different costs and standards of living, and one size fits all does not work. Only a fool would suggest that a person making the same wage in New York City has the same standard of living as someone living in Mississippi. That is why a federally mandate minimum wage is foolish, too many small businesses in low-cost states would close.

I think what this boils down to is whether the federal gov't should have that much power over the states and our citizens. I think not.

States and localities have different costs and standards of living, and one size fits all does not work. Only a fool would suggest that a person making the same wage in New York City has the same standard of living as someone living in Mississippi. That is why a federally mandate minimum wage is foolish, too many small businesses in low-cost states would close.

I think what this boils down to is whether the federal gov't should have that much power over the states and our citizens. I think not.
dam good call.......and prices would go up--so, it's a no win deal

Why is a federal minimum wage rate needed?

Because stupid voters fall for it. And politics is all about herding stupid voters.

It's kind of like the "build the wall" nonsense, except for liberals.

my god--and you think the employers will not raise prices accordingly????!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOoohoooooooo

It, [i.e. the federal minimum wage rate] gives another fat, bloated branch of the government our Founders never imagined the justification to keep existing taking your money.
Toobfreak and DBlack, no enterprise is required to hire any individual persons and the minimum wage rate does not determine wage rate differentials, but within the USA, enterprises are prohibited from paying less than the legally applicable minimum wage rate. Employers are generally not altruistic; they determine the wage rates they believe to be in their own best interests. They consider if paying other than the rate they chose to pay would be consequentially net detrimental or deny them greater net benefits.

The wages enterprises pay, are not paid to the government. It’s not the government’s, or yours, or my money.
The wages are earned and paid to the employees that earned those wages. Respectfully, Supposn

Employees and their dependents within states of governments having lesser consideration for their citizens, (i.e. states of lower applicable minimum wage rates), proportional to their wages, are the greater net beneficiaries of the federal minimum wage rate.
Respectfully, Supposn
Show your math.
Respectfully, Nuts
Never mind. I see what you're saying. Two things though. Federal MW laws, applicable in all States, do exist. Some here seem to think otherwise perhaps. Lastly, I say maximum wages should be our primary concern. Fighting over minimums is punching down.

Last edited:
To all of those opposed to the minimum wage rate concept, regardless of nations’ methods for governing or their economic policies, all the world’s major nations’ governments’ have government or their quasi-government provisions for something that performs the function of USA’s federal minimum wage rate.
I’m among the proponents for the minimum wage rate that question the cognizance, and/or logic, and/or the decency of anyone’s character, who doesn’t believe population’s general welfare should be of governments’ concerns.
Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back