Spoiler Alert: Prosecutors' Tortuous Trump Case Is 'Confusing' to Nearly Everyone

It would only take one, and it would all go away because there wouldn't be enough time to have the desired impact on the election to try again.

Hopefully, that doesn't happen of the evidence proves he's guilty. Likewise, hopefully he's not convicted if the evidence fails to prove guilt. I want justice, not revenge.

Your choice would have been to support someone else in the Democratic Primary but let's be honest, Faun...the Democrat "bench" has nothing on it that people want to vote for! Kamala? She's less popular than Biden! Mayor Pete? He's proven himself a failure as Transportation Secretary! Gavin Newsome? Do you really think the rest of the country wants to become California! Bernie? Hillary? As bad as Biden is...the other liberal choices make people cringe.

He ran virtually unopposed. Very common for an incumbent.

Regardless, that doesn't translate into me voting for Trump or not voting at all. This is exactly how Trump lost in 2020 and I'm hoping for the same this time if they're both still the candidates on election day.

No, they paid money to a law firm to manage her campaign. That lawfirm hired a U.S. research firm to conduct opposition research. Did she know how they were collecting it? I don't know and neither do you. You claim she knew but the only evidence you offer is, c'mon, you know she knew. She hid the payment to Fusion. But of course, that doesn't prove her motive was because she knew they hired Steele.
Did you want to take a crack at explaining why she ran the payment to Fusion GPS through another law firm, Faun? I've dealt with lawyers my whole life...they don't do anything without getting paid and getting paid big money. It makes no sense at all to make your payments through someone who's hitting you up for huge legal fees when you could simply cut a check to Fusion GPS. There's only one real reason someone does that and that's to make it harder to trace the money. The Clinton campaign knew that they were buying a smear job that was going to come out right before the election and they didn't want it known that THEY were the ones who paid for the "Steele Dossiers"!

Hopefully, that doesn't happen of the evidence proves he's guilty. Likewise, hopefully he's not convicted if the evidence fails to prove guilt. I want justice, not revenge.
And, if guilt is proven, the penalty needs to be in line with what other presidential candidates have had assessed when they were caught with campaign finance irregularities.

He ran virtually unopposed. Very common for an incumbent.

Regardless, that doesn't translate into me voting for Trump or not voting at all. This is exactly how Trump lost in 2020 and I'm hoping for the same this time if they're both still the candidates on election day.
Biden won in 2020 because the Pandemic allowed Democrats to shut down the US economy and blame it on Trump. Then the Main Stream Media told everyone that Joe Biden was a "moderate" and would bring stability to the White House! The voters bought it.
This time around they're not voting for an "idea" of who Joe Biden is...they know what kind of a President he'll be for the next four years because they've seen what kind of a President he's been for the last three and a half years!
Which brings us right back to the same question. Do you want what Trump gave the country before the Pandemic...or do you want what Biden has given us since he got elected? Those are your choices.

Did you want to take a crack at explaining why she ran the payment to Fusion GPS through another law firm, Faun? I've dealt with lawyers my whole life...they don't do anything without getting paid and getting paid big money. It makes no sense at all to make your payments through someone who's hitting you up for huge legal fees when you could simply cut a check to Fusion GPS. There's only one real reason someone does that and that's to make it harder to trace the money. The Clinton campaign knew that they were buying a smear job that was going to come out right before the election and they didn't want it known that THEY were the ones who paid for the "Steele Dossiers"!

She paid the lawfirm up front to retain their services for her campaign. It was a very well known firm that many candidates used.

And if Hillary knew, why didn't she use the dossier?

And, if guilt is proven, the penalty needs to be in line with what other presidential candidates have had assessed when they were caught with campaign finance irregularities.

Of course. Which other candidates faced felony charges for their campaign finance violations and what were their penalties?

Biden won in 2020 because the Pandemic allowed Democrats to shut down the US economy and blame it on Trump. Then the Main Stream Media told everyone that Joe Biden was a "moderate" and would bring stability to the White House! The voters bought it.
This time around they're not voting for an "idea" of who Joe Biden is...they know what kind of a President he'll be for the next four years because they've seen what kind of a President he's been for the last three and a half years!
Which brings us right back to the same question. Do you want what Trump gave the country before the Pandemic...or do you want what Biden has given us since he got elected? Those are your choices.

Utter nonsense. Republicans as well as Democrats shut down, as did some other countries. And the states shut down following Trump's recommendations. There were very serious health concerns and no way to combat it. If I'm not mistaken, it struck the U.S. worse than any other country.

I've already explained why there's no chance in hell I'm voting for Trump and why I'm voting for whoever runs against him.

Spoiler Alert:

Prosecutors' Tortuous Trump Case Is 'Confusing' to Nearly Everyone

23 Apr 2024 ~~ By Victoria Taft

The first witness in Donald Trump's trial for alleged "criminal" bookkeeping errors came with National Enquirer-worthy titillations about what a hot commodity the former president was back in the day. Prosecutors thought they'd burst out of the gate with a little razzle-dazzle and T&A, hoping that jurors would believe the witness had anything to do with the actual charges in the case. This is because — spoiler alert — the prosecutors' actual case is a "confusing" distraction. It's the "Seinfeld" of legal cases.
But since a Manhattan jury will likely convict the former president because Orange Man Bad, here's what happened in court with the opening witness on truncated court sessions Monday and Tuesday.

David Pecker, the former publisher of the National Enquirer, testified that he worked with Trump's lawyer to kill stories that hurt Trump's reputation or would be hurtful to his wife and family. This is the so-called catch-and-kill scheme, wherein sources would approach the Enquirer with an unflattering story about Trump (this applies to Hollywood stars and big shots), offer money to the people telling it, and then make the story disappear.
And it went something like this:
  • Pecker reportedly would alert Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen, about the titillating story.
  • Cohen got three sources to sign a non-disclosure agreement for a sum of money.
  • Trump paid his legal bills, which covered Cohen's incurred costs plus more.
All of the above is legal.
~Snip~

~Snip~
The media have called this case a "hush money" case, but one of our crafty commenters called it the Hush Trump case. Touché. When a judge shuts up the defendant but not the other trial participants, you can't help but wonder if the fix is in. Where else will you read that in this censorious media world that we're living in?

Commentary:
Remembering when The Los Angeles Times “caught and killed” the story of Barack Obama’s banquet speech for Rashid Khalidi, which was on video. I bet that video is more damaging than sex with a stripper and had a bigger impact on the 2008 election than Daniels did in 2016. Nobody was prosecuted. Few even complained. The video is still in the vault.
THAT is not illegal. “Go away” settlements and NDAs are extremely common. The lying whorebag human toilet tried to milk a few dollars more out of him two weeks before the election.
130k to Trump is akin to me flipping a nickel to a bum who is annoying customers coming into my business. It’s a ridiculously small amount she accepted. That amount was offered because her lawyer knew it was so low no sane person would take it to court if they could make it go away for that trivial sum.
Nothing even slightly illegal about it.

**********​

This confuses people like You?

Wow!

Seemingly important question here, as prosecutors ask David Pecker whether Trump was concerned about his wife or family finding out about his alleged affairs when he was campaigning for office. Pecker responds no. This suggests that Trump’s worries were electoral, not personal.

Mr. Pecker also relayed how he entered Mr. Trump’s office at Trump Tower shortly before the inauguration, where the president-elect thanked him for suppressing damaging stories. Also in Mr. Trump’s office at the time were four people who would become key figures in his presidency: Sean Spicer, Reince Priebus, Mike Pompeo and James Comey, who was the director of the F.B.I. at the time and who would publicly turn against Mr. Trump.

Asked about Trump’s motivations to quash stories about his alleged affairs, Pecker said that his concerns were electoral, not personal. He also said that Trump thanked him for orchestrating catch-and-kill deals in front of James Comey, then the F.B.I. director.

Of course. Which other candidates faced felony charges for their campaign finance violations and what were their penalties?

And therein lies the rub, does it not? The longer this goes on, the more it becomes apparent that justice is not the goal. Normally, there would have been a blip in the news, some headlines tossed back and forth, and a small fine to pay.

And therein lies the rub, does it not? The longer this goes on, the more it becomes apparent that justice is not the goal. Normally, there would have been a blip in the news, some headlines tossed back and forth, and a small fine to pay.

That would have been the case had he been charged with a misdemeanor. But he is charged with a felony. That comes with a bigger penalty if convicted.

And for the record, I myself don't want to see him given prison time if he's convicted. I personally don't see this as that bad of a crime.

Except the prosecution says they have evidence that Trump wanted to stall paying Daniels until after the election, and then not pay her at all. Which would show he didn't give a shit about his wife, or anyone else, hearing about it. If the prosecution produces that evidence in court, Trump's only hope is having a Fifth Avenuer on that jury who refuses to convict him no matter what the evidence shows.
/—-/ So?

She paid the lawfirm up front to retain their services for her campaign. It was a very well known firm that many candidates used.

And if Hillary knew, why didn't she use the dossier?
Fusion GPS was the firm that was very well known in Washington DC circles, Faun! Glenn Simpson was the guy you went to when you wanted dirt on your opponents and you didn't care if it was real dirt or just something made up to smear your opponent.

Are you claiming that the Clinton Campaign didn't use the dossiers? They did. Those dossiers were shopped to their favorite liberal outlets for weeks and they couldn't get anyone to publish them because the claims weren't supported. They finally got David Corn at Mother Jones to go with the story and as soon as Mother Jones reported on it the other liberal outlets immediately reported on the Mother Jones story. Hillary got her smear job and she got it right before the election!

Utter nonsense. Republicans as well as Democrats shut down, as did some other countries. And the states shut down following Trump's recommendations. There were very serious health concerns and no way to combat it. If I'm not mistaken, it struck the U.S. worse than any other country.

I've already explained why there's no chance in hell I'm voting for Trump and why I'm voting for whoever runs against him.
Trump left the decision to shut down to the States. He never recommended that they shut down. That was coming from the CDC and our own idiot boy, Tony Fauci! Will you admit that Democrat Governors shut down far more than GOP ones and stayed shut down far longer? That had nothing to do with recommendations from Trump.

So you're basically admitting that you're going to vote for four more years of this administration? Why would anyone want to put the US through that?

Forum List

Back