Spoiler Alert: Prosecutors' Tortuous Trump Case Is 'Confusing' to Nearly Everyone

Show me where ANYONE else has ever been charged with a crime for A) making false statements on a loan that was paid back in full with interest and on time...or B) charged with a crime for paying someone to sign an NDA?
I wasn't aware it's my job to find examples of cases. In fact, it seems to me that if you would need precedents of a crime being charged in order to charge someone with that crime would mean no crime could ever be charged. But I'm a good sport and I'll try to accommodate.

A)

(2)to obtain any of the moneys, funds, credits, assets, securities, or other property owned by, or under the custody or control of, a financial institution, by means of false or fraudulent pretenses,

That's pretty descriptive of what you asked right? In fact, the law describes EXACTLY what you asked as a crime.

B)

Here John Edwards, the vice-presidential candidate for the Democratic party, was charged by none other than Jack Smith. For using third party donors, to hide an affair and child from the general public. Does that sound familiar?

I wasn't aware it's my job to find examples of cases. In fact, it seems to me that if you would need precedents of a crime being charged in order to charge someone with that crime would mean no crime could ever be charged. But I'm a good sport and I'll try to accommodate.

A)

(2)to obtain any of the moneys, funds, credits, assets, securities, or other property owned by, or under the custody or control of, a financial institution, by means of false or fraudulent pretenses,

That's pretty descriptive of what you asked right? In fact, the law describes EXACTLY what you asked as a crime.

B)

Here John Edwards, the vice-presidential candidate for the Democratic party, was charged by none other than Jack Smith. For using third party donors, to hide an affair and child from the general public. Does that sound familiar?
How did that work out for Smith?

How did that work out for Smith?
He lost the case. On the other hand, the question was if I could show a previous indictment under this fact set. I did.

It's also kind of irrelevant if it was successful, since I don't know how the provided evidence stacks up against this case.

Unless of course you're trying to claim that just because one prosecution of a case means that another completely separate case is invalid?

Is that your claim?

He lost the case.

Yes. He did.
On the other hand, the question was if I could show a previous indictment under this fact set. I did.

Nah. Different alleged facts.

And now tell us all about how the SCOTUS unanimously bitch-slapped Jack Smith, the special persecutor in the Bob McDonnell. Do you happen to recall the reason? Here. I’ll help:

our concern is not with tawdry tales of Ferraris, Rolexes, and ball gowns. It is instead with the broader legal implications of the Government’s boundless interpretation of the federal bribery statute.
It's also kind of irrelevant if it was successful, since I don't know how the provided evidence stacks up against this case.

Unless of course you're trying to claim that just because one prosecution of a case means that another completely separate case is invalid?

Is that your claim?
Nah. Try to figure it out, fuckup. I’ll help yet again:

the broader legal implications of the Government’s boundless interpretation of the federal bribery statute.

Smith is a scumbag. And political persecutions are always improper. The fact that you like some of them doesn’t change that fact.

The GOP is going to turn out for Trump. They know what a disaster another four years of Democrat rule will be for the country. Do you think Jews are going to vote for Biden? Do you think people who are paying 20% more for the things they buy now compared to when Trump was in office are going to vote for more of that?

Democrats have one issue to run on and that's abortion. Trump has made it quite clear that he does not want a Federal ruling on abortion but rather is leaving it to the individual States to decide for themselves. At the end of the day if you're a woman living in New York or California? You're in no danger of losing the right to an abortion. If anything abortion law in your State will be MORE permissive than it was under Roe V Wade. The Main Stream Media will attempt to scare women into thinking Trump WILL look for a Federal law on abortion but the fact of the matter is that he's NEVER been hardcore when it comes to that issue!

The vast majority of my family is Jewish and all but two are voting against Trump. One is my Republican brother who voted for Trump in 2016 & 2020. His latest position is he's not voting in this election. The other is a Democratic cousin who voted for Biden who also now says he's not voting this year.

Hillary Clinton and the DNC PAID for that political smear job, Faun and I think you know it! It's without question one of the sleaziest political dirty tricks in modern American political history!

Prove they knew Fusion GPS hired Steele...

The vast majority of my family is Jewish and all but two are voting against Trump. One is my Republican brother who voted for Trump in 2016 & 2020. His latest position is he's not voting in this election. The other is a Democratic cousin who voted for Biden who also now says he's not voting this year.
With all due respect, Faun? I take your "family" as proof what will happen with the Jewish vote in this election with a HUGE grain of salt!

The Biden Administration has the worst relationship with Israel in recent memory. The far left of the Democrat Party have turned our universities into anti-Semetic institutions that Jewish students can no longer attend in safety. Yet you think the Jewish vote is going to turn out for Joe Biden and Democrats? Time will tell but I think Biden and the Democrats have made a mistake in their tacit support for the enemies of Israel.

Do you really want another four years of the shit we're going through now, Konradv? I don't know if the US can handle another Biden term. I don't make statements like that lightly but Joe really does have a knack for fucking things up!
I think Biden’s doing just fine. America can’t stand four more minutes of Trump.

I base that on Trump losing more voters than he’s gaining. Does it really help to tell the “RINOS” they’re not wanted? Seems like a strategic error to me. They don’t have to vote for Biden, just not for Trump.
You seem to assume that because there are so many RINO Republicans in the House and Seante, there must be legions of RINO voters, who eagerly vote for people who run as Republicans and then give in to the Democrats on every important issue.

No, there are legions of Republican voters who vote for Republicans who talk a good game during their campaigns, but then spend their terms voting however they need to in order to keep the media from spotlighting them and accusing them of racism or loving Putin, or hating immigrants or whatever the phrase of the day.

That's why we get massive aid to Ukraine to secure their border while ours is left open.

Voters who have RINO lawmakers in their states and districts will vote for Trump because they are sick of the GOP weakness. His calling out the weak ones will not offend them.

The overarching thesis at the heart of the argument that Bragg is on the wrong prosecutorial track, lies in what appears clearly to be a misguided effort (“crusade” could be a more apt term) by the prosecutor to fit what might at best be seen as a series of falsely characterized business records into a broad “election fraud” scheme through which Trump intended to unlawfully interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

The proverbial effort to fit a square peg into a round hole.

The fact that the 2016 election is a federal matter and not a New York state matter, and therefore outside the prosecutorial jurisdiction of a local New York state prosecutor, appears to have been a technicality beyond Bragg’s ken. It nonetheless is a serious defect in the case. Notwithstanding this jurisdictional roadblock, Bragg and his assistant prosecutor Matthew Colangelo employ the “[federal]election interference” theory as a trampoline from which to jump onto the election fraud bandwagon that has fixated so many Republicans and even Democrats for eight years.

Calling a case of nothing more than a series of misdemeanor false business filings felonious “election fraud” does not make it so. Even Colangelo’s opening statement, which good litigators use as a roadmap laying out the case for the jury with the clarity and simplicity that wins jurors to their side was, again as appropriately noted, short on specifics and long on vagueness – indicative of a dangerously, if not fatally weak case.

Trump worshippers do it in their diapers.
/----/ Here are your NYC Union workers. I thought they were told to support Dementia Joe.

With all due respect, Faun? I take your "family" as proof what will happen with the Jewish vote in this election with a HUGE grain of salt!

The Biden Administration has the worst relationship with Israel in recent memory. The far left of the Democrat Party have turned our universities into anti-Semetic institutions that Jewish students can no longer attend in safety. Yet you think the Jewish vote is going to turn out for Joe Biden and Democrats? Time will tell but I think Biden and the Democrats have made a mistake in their tacit support for the enemies of Israel.

Your mistake is thinking we want Biden for president. What you underestimate, and may have underestimated in 2020, is how many people want Trump out of office.

Everyone in Washington knew EXACTLY what Fusion GPS's reputation was, Faun! They knew what Glenn Simpson's reputation was! Claiming that Hillary Clinton and the DNC gave Simpson hundreds of thousands of dollars and didn't know they were buying a smear job is laughable.

That's not proof Hillary knew Fusion GPS hired Steele. But thanks for trying.

Critics argue that this isn’t just an isolated incident but rather indicative of a broader pattern of questionable judgment within Bragg’s office.

At the heart of the controversy is the DA’s approach to law enforcement, which has been characterized by some as overly lenient and out of step with public safety concerns.

lg.php

This perception has been fueled by Bragg’s initial policy memo upon taking office, which directed prosecutors to avoid seeking jail time for many nonviolent crimes and downgrade felony charges in cases including armed robberies and drug dealing under certain circumstances.

The ramifications of such policies are not lost on those who prioritize law and order. They argue that this approach emboldens criminals and undermines respect for the rule of law.

The recent courtroom oversight by Bragg’s attorneys may serve as further evidence for critics who believe that his administration lacks the rigor and discipline necessary to keep New York City safe.

lg.php

This incident also casts doubt on the DA’s ability to effectively prosecute more complex cases if his team can falter on what many would consider basic legal procedures.

Forum List

Back