Zone1 Why Is American Afraid of Black History?

And if the whole world jumped off a bridge?

Justifying slavery because other people did it?
Who was breeding slaves in 1830?
I commented on an historic fact. Where do you see 'justification' ?
Did you expect the people who happened to end up in the americas to
BUCK THE WHOLE WORLD? Slaves still "breed" in Mauritania---humans
do BREED just as do pumpkins. Have you ever examined POLLEN in heat?
(by microscope--it is fascinating)

I really think that whites need to stop making these kinds of comments given what you have done. Do better as a race. Face the truth of what you have done, work to fix the damage, and end your racism.
IM2----family culture is very stable---generation to generation---for the roots
of "american black family culture"------go---BACK TO AFRICA. For your own peace of mind read the book CHILDHOOD AND SOCIETY by Erik Ericson.
What is very true is that aspects of African family culture do not work well
in the USA. It is not a unique situation----aspects of lots of different ethnicities present problems in USA CULTURE (to wit WASP culture)

No, we really aren't.
So, you understand that America (regardless of slavery) is the fulfillment of prophecy, namely, the "great nation" promised to the descendants of Abraham, passed down to the descendants of the tribe of Manasseh. And, that the early European immigrants were actually the descendants of many of the other Israelite tribes.

Last edited:
So, you understand that America (regardless of slavery) is the fulfillment of prophecy, namely, the "great nation" promised to the descendants of Abraham, passed down to the tribe of Manasseh. And, that the early European immigrants were actually the descendants of many of the other Israelite tribes.
Abraham was black, as are the true Israelites
Oh, and George Washington was black. Just axe Google

This is what passes for "black history" these days

I commented on an historic fact. Where do you see 'justification' ?
Did you expect the people who happened to end up in the americas to
BUCK THE WHOLE WORLD? Slaves still "breed" in Mauritania---humans
do BREED just as do pumpkins. Have you ever examined POLLEN in heat?
(by microscope--it is fascinating)
No, you inserted a fact to try to support your excusing slavery.

But do please go on and tell us how White people had nothing to do with slavery in the US and how slavery was such a boon to Black people.

and you can finish up with
"and they lived happily ever after"
Appropriate to your fairy tale history.

But do please go on and tell us how White people had nothing to do with slavery in the US and how slavery was such a boon to Black people.

You are sick----at no point did I "excuse slavery". In fact you have a far
more serious problem-----you seem to IMAGINE that slavery, historically,
has been restricted to BLACK AFRICANS and virtually INVENTED by "white"
people of the Americas. The "happily ever after" myth does exist---it is
a WASP thing with deep roots in European christianity

I don't see any great migration back to Africa. ;) One doesn't have to be "happy" to have great contentment within.

You are sick----at no point did I "excuse slavery". I...
Yes, you did.
well, at least you excused Whitey's involvement by blaming it on Black people.

Oh pity the poor White man.
Forced to buy slaves by those mighty African warriors.
Forced by those Black slaves to torture them into submission
Then forced by those Black slaves to transport them across the Atlantic in chains.
Then forced by those Black slaves to sell them at auction where
Those Black slaves forced their new owners to beat, torture, and rape them
Then forced by those damned Black slaves into forced breeding of slaves to produce more slaves

Ohhh the pity
Ohhh the poor White man.

Fortunately for the Black people slavery was such a boon to them that today ...

Geez.

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
Yes, you did.
well, at least you excused Whitey's involvement by blaming it on Black people.

Oh pity the poor White man.
Forced to buy slaves by those mighty African warriors.
Forced by those Black slaves to torture them into submission
Then forced by those Black slaves to transport them across the Atlantic in chains.
Then forced by those Black slaves to sell them at auction where
Those Black slaves forced their new owners to beat, torture, and rape them
Then forced by those damned Black slaves into forced breeding of slaves to produce more slaves

Ohhh the pity
Ohhh the poor White man.

Fortunately for the Black people slavery was such a boon to them that today ...

Geez.
your mind is on lock-down. The mind that harbors a DELUSION---
finds ways to justify the delusion. If you know anyone who has
a background in the field of psychiatry---discuss the issue of
DELUSIONS

So you're saying that slavery in the US, the buying, selling and breeding of humans,
was OK
Because some Muslims did it first?

Check your hypocrisy at the door.
I've never said slavery was okay. What I've always said was that it was a world-wide condition and blaming Americans for it is rank hypocrisy. I've also always said that judging historical actions and attitudes by modern standards is insane and dishonest.

So, you understand that America (regardless of slavery) is the fulfillment of prophecy, namely, the "great nation" promised to the descendants of Abraham, passed down to the descendants of the tribe of Manasseh. And, that the early European immigrants were actually the descendants of many of the other Israelite tribes.
No, that's not it.

And if the whole world jumped off a bridge?

Justifying slavery because other people did it?
Who was breeding slaves in 1830?
Every nation that had slaves EXCEPT THE MUSLIMS who castrated all their male slaves. No one was giving slaves birth control, after all, encouraging slaves to have children was much cheaper than buying or importing newly enslaved people.

Recently there has been a trend on college campuses to create courses that discuss the concept of whiteness. Once that began, the usual suspects crawled out from under the rocks and started whining about racism against whites. Never mind that black studies departments exist; the American right must whine. Hence the current right-wing movement to cleanse our history books of everything they believe makes European descendants look bad.

In the 21st century, we must move beyond memes created by mostly far-right loudmouths. These types have some whites believing we all chose to come over here on the Mayflower. Some believe it is unfair how whites get portrayed in modern teachings. Unfair is revising history to leave out the factual record. Teaching our children the mistakes we made should not mean we are teaching them to dislike whites or being white. I and generations of other blacks endured the annual K-12 section of history about black slavery, and it did not make me hate being black. In recent years we have seen a consistent well-funded, politically supported movement by the right-wing to enforce gaslighting as a way of educating today’s students. In this movement, anything that negatively shows whites must be censored.

WHY IS AMERICA AFRAID OF BLACK HISTORY?​

No one should fear a history that asks a country to live up to its highest ideals.
By Lonnie G. Bunch III

One can tell a great deal about a country by what it chooses to remember: by what graces the walls of its museums, by what monuments are venerated, and by what parts of its history are embraced. One can tell even more by what a nation chooses to forget: what memories are erased and what aspects of its past are feared. This unwillingness to understand, accept, and embrace an accurate history, shaped by scholarship, reflects an unease with ambiguity and nuance—and with truth. One frequent casualty of such discomfort is any real appreciation of the importance of African American history and culture for all Americans.

Why should anyone fear a history that asks a country to live up to its highest ideals—to “make good to us the promises in your Constitution,” as Frederick Douglass put it? But too often, we are indeed fearful. State legislatures have passed laws restricting the teaching of critical race theory, preventing educators from discussing a history that “might make our children feel guilty” about the actions and attitudes of their ancestors. Librarians around the nation feel the chilling effects of book bans. Some individuals who seek to occupy the highest office in the land fear the effects of an Advanced Placement class that explores African American history—a history that, as education officials in Florida have maintained, “lacks educational value”; a history that does not deserve to be remembered.

Rather than running from this history, we should find in it sustenance, understanding, and hope. In the end, we can’t escape the past anyway. What Joe Louis said of an opponent applies to the legacy of history: You can run, but you can’t hide.

Why are you afraid of working hard?

I've never said slavery was okay. What I've always said was that it was a world-wide condition and blaming Americans for it is rank hypocrisy. I've also always said that judging historical actions and attitudes by modern standards is insane and dishonest.
I blame Americans for what Americans did.
You excuse Americans because their victims were Black.

A million years of history don't change that

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
I don't see any great migration back to Africa. ;) One doesn't have to be "happy" to have great contentment within.
What you did see was whites colonizing in Africa, and white nations taking what Africa had to get rich. If not for Africa, white nations wouldn't have all that much. If whiteland was so great, why did your ancestors run away from it to come here?

The only problem with what you that idiot said was that slavery was not as worldwide as he wants to claim and people of that time opposed it.

Ok. A small number of Americans did horrible things a century and a half ago.

Blacks are doing horrible things NOW!

We read about their enslaving of their fellow people EVERY day.

And you remain silent.

Why?

The only problem with what you that idiot said was that slavery was not as worldwide as he wants to claim and people of that time opposed it.
Are you ignorant or stupid? The only continent that never witnessed slavery is antarctica.

What you did see was whites colonizing in Africa, and white nations taking what Africa had to get rich. If not for Africa, white nations wouldn't have all that much. If whiteland was so great, why did your ancestors run away from it to come here?

Africans had 1000 years to lock it down. Successful countries did not let people march in and take their stuff.

Every nation that had slaves EXCEPT THE MUSLIMS who castrated all their male slaves. No one was giving slaves birth control, after all, encouraging slaves to have children was much cheaper than buying or importing newly enslaved people.
Muslims had slaves-----an endless supply despite the fact that they castrated lots of their male slaves. They did not castrate themselves

Forum List

Back