Why is anyone worried about China?

I'm not sure you know me very well. Explain yourself. I'm a free market capitalist.
When its convenient... like healthcare.
And you are a gun grabber. The biggest statist of all. No natural right to self defense.
I see no other answer in healthcare. Markets don't work in healthcare, there is no downward pressure on costs. Nobody calls around for pricing when in an ambulance. Nobody goes with the budget heart surgeon.

We are in need of stronger gun laws obviously. Countries with strong gun control have much better self defense, their homicide rates are a fraction of ours. They don't suffer from regular mass shootings, the police are neither shot or shooting people constantly. The numbers don't lie.
Told ya :lol:
I push for things that work. Healthcare in other countries is far cheaper, ours is stupidly expensive. Countries with strong gun control have much lower homicide rates and don't suffer all our mass shootings. I'd be less likely to be shot, which is a good thing for me. You prefer being more likely to be shot?
The govt doesnt work. But you want to give them more power.
You are horribly inconsistent
I've given you examples where it seems to work quite well in many countries. Our current healthcare doesn't work, many go bankrupt. Our homicide rates are much higher than they should be. I've no interest in being shot.

P
Lol the govt isnt good at much of anything yet you are a shill for them.
I'm not sure you know me very well. Explain yourself. I'm a free market capitalist.
Minimum wage.. maybe you dont know yourself very well
I don't push for minimum wage. I push for an end to non competes, that would help wages.
Dude, I just looked it up. Maybe your position changed but you have that very thing on this site.
Without doing the things we should do it may be necessary. Everything is currently against workers. We have non competes, many companies with near monopolies, right to work laws, wage collusion.... I'd rather fix those things.
Yea "fix" those things with the biggest failure in american history.
Its govt.
Just stop...

When its convenient... like healthcare.
And you are a gun grabber. The biggest statist of all. No natural right to self defense.
I see no other answer in healthcare. Markets don't work in healthcare, there is no downward pressure on costs. Nobody calls around for pricing when in an ambulance. Nobody goes with the budget heart surgeon.

We are in need of stronger gun laws obviously. Countries with strong gun control have much better self defense, their homicide rates are a fraction of ours. They don't suffer from regular mass shootings, the police are neither shot or shooting people constantly. The numbers don't lie.
I push for things that work. Healthcare in other countries is far cheaper, ours is stupidly expensive. Countries with strong gun control have much lower homicide rates and don't suffer all our mass shootings. I'd be less likely to be shot, which is a good thing for me. You prefer being more likely to be shot?
I've given you examples where it seems to work quite well in many countries. Our current healthcare doesn't work, many go bankrupt. Our homicide rates are much higher than they should be. I've no interest in being shot.
"It works in other countries"
Most ignorant statement of this generation. Statism rots peoples brains.

P
Minimum wage.. maybe you dont know yourself very well
I don't push for minimum wage. I push for an end to non competes, that would help wages.
Dude, I just looked it up. Maybe your position changed but you have that very thing on this site.
Without doing the things we should do it may be necessary. Everything is currently against workers. We have non competes, many companies with near monopolies, right to work laws, wage collusion.... I'd rather fix those things.
Yea "fix" those things with the biggest failure in american history.
Its govt.
Just stop...
I go with examples that work. Sorry that's a problem for you.

It works if you want affordable healthcare and being much less likely to be killed. I guess those aren't things you like.

Right now I think for healthcare we need some bi partisan fix, I wouldn't go to the full public option. I'm good with affordable rather than free. If you asked what we should do with guns I would suggest we move more towards what the Swiss do. They have lots of guns and much smarter laws. I think I'm pretty reasonable.

This video really explains how they doomed themselves with the 1 child rule for so long. And even now they limit 2 children. Between these problems and all the pollution they will implode.

Red China has a huge population, economy and army, and is ruled megalomaniac ultraliberals.

They are without a doubt the world's #2 power and would have made #1 had Hillary Clinton won.

I see there are more GM workers in China than UAW workers in the United States, more KFC outlets in China than in the United States. Wonder why we care? Trump trade war is not going to work. Just causes chaos that might end the Obama recovery finally...

Last edited:
It works if you want affordable healthcare and being much less likely to be killed. I guess those aren't things you like.
You continue to prove my point. Thanks but I really dont need the help :lol:

The brain now channels Jojo Biden in his why worry about China bullshit....Jojo, get OFF of USMB...we have enough stupid DeathRATS already here!

'China is going to eat our lunch?': Biden dismisses Beijing as threat
View attachment 285377
Former vice-president Joe Biden on Wednesday dismissed the notion the United States should be worried about China as a geopolitical competitor,
Look at the facts. They are in a bad way. And on top of all these problems they are the cheap economy now, if they start charging too much companies move to cheaper labor. We see this in trumps trade war. Jobs aren't coming back here, but they are moving to other countries.
Really....
SNIP...
“I’d say 300, 400, at least, announced in 2017,” said Harry Moser, president of the Reshoring Initiative, a nonprofit that tracks jobs coming back to the US.

SNIP....
What is clear, however, said Paul, is that the US is seeing more companies that rely on cheap energy — now in abundance in the US — coming back.

Your BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA doesn't fly here!

Trump hypes jobs relocating back to the US. Are they?

This video really explains how they doomed themselves with the 1 child rule for so long. And even now they limit 2 children. Between these problems and all the pollution they will implode.

Red China has a huge population, economy and army, and is ruled megalomaniac ultraliberals.

They are without a doubt the world's #2 power and would have made #1 had Hillary Clinton won.

I see there are more GM workers in China than UAW workers in the United States, more KFC outlets in China than in the United States. Wonder why we care? Trump trade war is not going to work. Just causes chaos that might end the Obama recovery finally...

Population of customers for products...you Communist fool!

Population that is getting old and will be in need of care. A strain on the economy.

Population that is getting old and will be in need of care. A strain on the economy.

The commies can change that overnight getting rid of their ONE CHILD POLICY!!!

The brain now channels Jojo Biden in his why worry about China bullshit....Jojo, get OFF of USMB...we have enough stupid DeathRATS already here!

View attachment 285377
Former vice-president Joe Biden on Wednesday dismissed the notion the United States should be worried about China as a geopolitical competitor,
Look at the facts. They are in a bad way. And on top of all these problems they are the cheap economy now, if they start charging too much companies move to cheaper labor. We see this in trumps trade war. Jobs aren't coming back here, but they are moving to other countries.
Really....
SNIP...
“I’d say 300, 400, at least, announced in 2017,” said Harry Moser, president of the Reshoring Initiative, a nonprofit that tracks jobs coming back to the US.

SNIP....
What is clear, however, said Paul, is that the US is seeing more companies that rely on cheap energy — now in abundance in the US — coming back.

You seem to have left off the important quote:
“I would call this movement right now a trickle,” said Scott Paul, president of the Alliance for American Manufacturing.

A trickle? Not much, and he's claiming they are coming back for cheap energy. What does that have to do with tariffs?

Really? They can make all those old people young overnight? This is a problem that will take generations to fix you fool.

View attachment 285377
Really....
SNIP...

SNIP....

You seem to have left off the important quote:
“I would call this movement right now a trickle,” said Scott Paul, president of the Alliance for American Manufacturing.

A trickle? Not much, and he's claiming they are coming back for cheap energy. What does that have to do with tariffs?
300-400 companies in 2017....things have gotten worse for China in 2018 with no confirmed info yet, and 2019 with MORE TARIFFS!....Come on, stop your crap and logically we know they are hurting more...even Thursday they BEGGED Trump to stop the tariffs before stage one of the dealings are done....Trump has seen that charade before...look ot up if you don't believe me!...oh here, that might be hard on you!

Newsweak ^
Hopes of a "phase one" trade deal between the United States and China have fluctuated since Friday, when President Donald Trump announced that the two countries would soon be signing a preliminary agreement. Even as talks between the countries continue, as Beijing and Washington seek to iron out the details of the "phase one" agreement to end the 18-month trade war, China cautioned on Thursday that the long-running conflict won't end until the U.S. removes all tariffs levied since July 2018. (Please see link for full article)

Yeah. After pulling out of the first agreement months ago. China still thinks they are dealing with complete idiots as they were with the Surrender Monkey!

Really? They can make all those old people young overnight? This is a problem that will take generations to fix you fool.
Don't have to with that population...idiot!

I am absolutely dumbfounded how this idiot left wing statist liberal can lampoon the technocratic state run enterprise about "unintended consequences" on this policy, and yet not understand that the same thing applies to every other state run enterprise he shills for.

tenor.gif

Kinda like the unintended consequences of tariffs.

Comparing a little protectionism, to policies of technocrats is the height of being obtuse.

Americanism has a long history of protectionism. It does not, however, have a history of full government take over of large swaths of the economy and parts of individuals' private lives.

Stop being so hyperbolic to push your goddamed leftist/statist/bureacratic agenda.

This particular piece is obviously just anti-chinese propaganda. Who gives a shit what the Chinese do? It is obviously there to get Americans pissed at China. I am sure the Chinese put out unflattering propaganda about how our government is involved in war crimes that John Oliver never covers because he is a shill of the corporate structure. He should spend more time worried about real shit that should concern Americans, not this distraction shit.

When it comes to propaganda, the Chinese are second to none.

GOOD: Another Chinese ‘propaganda’ center shutters amid US-China tensions.
  • The University of Delaware has joined a growing number of universities that have forced to shut down their Chinese funded Confucius Institutes.
  • Universities across the country are being forced to close their institutes after Congress banned them from receiving Department of Defense funding due to concerns about the institutes' furnishing of Chinese Communist Party propaganda.
They even had us funding it.

trumpxi.JPG

New Sheriff in Town
Student newspaper The Review reveals that the University of Delaware’s institute will shutter in February 2020, following more than 15 other universities that have closed their Confucius Institutes after U.S. intelligence agencies raised concerns that the entities were spreading propaganda for the Chinese Communist Party under the guise of educating students on Chinese language and culture.

Former Chinese government official and propaganda minister Liu Yushan admitted that the Chinese government uses Confucius Institutes to “actively carry out international propaganda battles against issues such as Tibet, Xinjiang, Taiwan, human rights and Falun gong,” according to a 2018 Politico report.

"The [Chinese Communist Party] provides ‘strings-attached' funding to academic institutions and think tanks to deter research that casts it in a negative light," according to CIA reports obtained by the Washington Free Beacon last year.

But I Thought The Left HATED Quid Pro Quo Funding!​

"It has used this tactic to reward pro-China viewpoints and coerce Western academic publications and conferences to self-censor.

This why the ENTIRE Left takes the China side in every US/China dispute, it's all about the benjamins!​

The CCP often denies visas to academics who criticize the regime, encouraging many China scholars to preemptively self-censor so they can maintain access to the country on which their research depends."

No wonder the Left loves China. They give them lots of money and the Left wants to emulate this societal control.
Some colleges, though, have refused to close their Confucius Institute, despite warnings from the federal government.

Sure, if the Chinese replace the DOD cash, plus a little extra for the Administrator's trouble.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back