Why is First Woman, and First Homo such a political issue of Importance today?. Should it not be best qualified.?

I keep seeing news reports of first Woman, and or First Homosexual to be selected or appointed. Why is this so important in American politics today.Should it not be best qualified for these government positions? Your thoughts.
Why do you assume someone isn’t qualified for a position just because they’re celebrated as being the first of their gender or sexual orientation to fill a position? They can be both celebrated and qualified.
What makes you think they are truly qualified?
I trust president-elect Biden to choose qualified people to fill his cabinet.

What makes you think they’re not qualified?
Plus shouldn't they be the most qualified? And if because of minority race you have say 30 white men, 20 white women, 10 Native Americans, and one Native American woman.....doesn't it seem hard to believe that the one Native American woman is the best qualified of all?

Tell me where white men make up half the population?
If you are talking about my scenario, it was made up simply to prove a point....recreate it with whatever racial percentages you want...my question is how does the single Native American female come out as most qualified?

I keep seeing news reports of first Woman, and or First Homosexual to be selected or appointed. Why is this so important in American politics today.Should it not be best qualified for these government positions? Your thoughts.
Why do you assume someone isn’t qualified for a position just because they’re celebrated as being the first of their gender or sexual orientation to fill a position? They can be both celebrated and qualified.

Plus shouldn't they be the most qualified? And if because of minority race you have say 30 white men, 20 white women, 10 Native Americans, and one Native American woman.....doesn't it seem hard to believe that the one Native American woman is the best qualified of all?

Tell me where white men make up half the population? The premise of your post is ridiculous to begin with. Multiple peopl can be equally qualified. One person may receive more recommendations than another. Someone may have a unique skill set that adds to the administration that another just as qualified person wouldn't.

But going with the theme of your post. What are the odds that the most qualified person is almost always white and male. Most people in this country are not white and male.
Again, not the point......the category least represented is not likely by any odds to be the most qualified yet that person gets the nod. That is my question and point.

If you are talking about my scenario, it was made up simply to prove a point....recreate it with whatever racial percentages you want...my question is how does the single Native American female come out as most qualified?

Made up, no, really?

Ok, how about this. Most Americans are not white and male yet they have more than any other people held cabinet positions in most if not all presidential administrations.

Tell me where white men make up half the population? The premise of your post is ridiculous to begin with. Multiple peopl can be equally qualified. One person may receive more recommendations than another. Someone may have a unique skill set that adds to the administration that another just as qualified person wouldn't.

But going with the theme of your post. What are the odds that the most qualified person is almost always white and male. Most people in this country are not white and male.
Again, not the point......the category least represented is not likely by any odds to be the most qualified yet that person gets the nod. That is my question and point.

It's not like Biden is only nominating Native American women. He's nominating what resembles the American public.

Made up, no, really?

Ok, how about this. Most Americans are not white and male yet they have more than any other people held cabinet positions in most if not all presidential administrations.
Well how about this? Choose the best candidate, by whatever process you want to use as long as there actually IS a selection process, and go with who finishes first....whether they are purple or blue or black or red or white.

Some of us don’t believe women and homosexuals ARE qualified to hold such offices
But you're batshit nuts, so it doesn't matter except for comic relief.

It's not like Biden is only nominating Native American women. He's nominating what resembles the American public.
Who cares what the choices resemble? They should be the best person for the job.

Made up, no, really?

Well how about this? Choose the best candidate, by whatever process you want to use as long as there actually IS a selection process, and go with who finishes first....whether they are purple or blur or black or red or white.

Its the same selection process as any previous administration. How come when more minorities are hired you want to add some regulations? Nice.

Who cares what the choices resemble? They should be the best person for the job.

That's a subjective answer. It's not like they are taking a test. Though that could have weeded out Mark Meadows.

Made up, no, really?

Well how about this? Choose the best candidate, by whatever process you want to use as long as there actually IS a selection process, and go with who finishes first....whether they are purple or blur or black or red or white.

Its the same selection process as any previous administration. How come when more minorities are hired you want to add some regulations? Nice.
How do you know what the process is? I expect in past administrations the president-elect at least was coherent and participated in the process.

That's a subjective answer. It's not like they are taking a test. Though that could have weeded out Mark Meadows.
Again, she was chosen as you said, based on her double minority status

Made up, no, really?

How do you know what the process is? I expect in past administrations the president-elect at least was coherent and participated in the process.

The process is the president chooses and the senate either confirms or doesn't. It's the same process in as much as you don't get to decide what the process is.

Because Gays used to be prosecuted for being gay not to long ago and women were kept out of politics for a long time in America.
ok,but should one get a critical job just because they are a minority of some sort?...should they at least be qualified to do the job?...

Nobody said otherwise.
it seems to be happening a lot though doesnt it....what qualifications does harris have to run this country?...she was a half-assed AG and a half- assed senator who did not get much support in the primaries....

She ran the second largest justice system in the country. I don't think you're qualified to rate her one way or another and I don't care how white you are.
i lived there when she was the AG there .....how long did you live there?.....and i am not considered white,i pass for a Mexican very easily...so stick your racist shit up your ass...

I told you, I don't care how white you are.

Don't trust or particularly believe your summation of any politician. You asked if she is qualified, by her resume she very much is without getting into personal opinions.

What this thread seems to be about for you is when a Democrat picks a woman or POC you assume that is the only qualification. Do you ever ask yourself when a party made up by a vast majority of white people pick a white person isn't about color of their skin? It would seem to at least be a fairly obvious question for you to answer.
you are not only a racist but you are gay basher too....that makes you an asshole and jerk on top of that....and on top of that you have no idea what this thread was about and you made it racial....good going asswipe...

I'm neither. Is this the part where you lose and just go batshit? I will just put it plainly, you're opinion and argument are lame and it's based on some sort of fucked up grievance and the mere mention that a gay guy or a black woman gets a high profile job sets you off. Tough shit if you feel they are wiping your nose in it, it's not about you.
since you mentioned petes dick and brought color into our conversation...you most certainly are....and now i will watch you lose it like you have in so many other threads were you got slapped....

Oh my, I don't think you understand context or what the term 'gay basher' means. Or that speaking about race doesn't make someone a racist. Jesus, dude, get a grip.
oh i dont think you do.....you are the ass that brought it up....and you didnt need to,but you did...that says something about you doesnt it?....

What's wrong with talking about race in a thread about wingnut discrimination? You think talking about race is bad but stating that the gay guy or the female vice president isn't good enough? Ok, whatever
you were not talking about race numbnuts.....you called me a white guy when you did not need to....that was personal...and i know you racial people just cant see the difference....

Oh, you poor, poor boy. I called you white. Was it an insult? No. Did I insult your race at all? No. Did I insult your sexual orientation? No. Did others insult them in this thread? Yes. What did you do? Whine that I called you white.

I'm having a difficult time feeling sorry for you.
thats because you are a fucking racist.....if i was a black guy would you have said the same thing?....and yes it was an insult,im not considered to be white by many....and by saying i might suck petes dick, yea you insulted my sexual orientation....

But, you're a white guy posting your white grievance about the merit of minorities in a Biden administration.

You're not considered to be white...but you are, aren't you? Nothing wrong with that.

I said don't worry you won't have to, in other words be forced to suck...you know what. I didn't say you wanted to. Not that there is anything wrong with it if you did and you do keep bringing it up, a lot. I'm not judging.
no im considered to be kinda brown.....and what you said is already on record here so you cant dance your way out of it....its funny how when you people are called out for your racist remarks how the dancing begins.....

Again, she was chosen as you said, based on her double minority status

Did I say that?

Made up, no, really?

The process is the president chooses and the senate either confirms or doesn't. It's the same process in as much as you don't get to decide what the process is.
The process now is....eenie, meenie, mynie, moe...pick a minority choice fo sho!

Because Gays used to be prosecuted for being gay not to long ago and women were kept out of politics for a long time in America.
ok,but should one get a critical job just because they are a minority of some sort?...should they at least be qualified to do the job?...

Nobody said otherwise.
it seems to be happening a lot though doesnt it....what qualifications does harris have to run this country?...she was a half-assed AG and a half- assed senator who did not get much support in the primaries....

She ran the second largest justice system in the country. I don't think you're qualified to rate her one way or another and I don't care how white you are.
i lived there when she was the AG there .....how long did you live there?.....and i am not considered white,i pass for a Mexican very easily...so stick your racist shit up your ass...

Don't trust or particularly believe your summation of any politician. You asked if she is qualified, by her resume she very much is without getting into personal opinions.

What this thread seems to be about for you is when a Democrat picks a woman or POC you assume that is the only qualification. Do you ever ask yourself when a party made up by a vast majority of white people pick a white person isn't about color of their skin? It would seem to at least be a fairly obvious question for you to answer.
you are not only a racist but you are gay basher too....that makes you an asshole and jerk on top of that....and on top of that you have no idea what this thread was about and you made it racial....good going asswipe...

I'm neither. Is this the part where you lose and just go batshit? I will just put it plainly, you're opinion and argument are lame and it's based on some sort of fucked up grievance and the mere mention that a gay guy or a black woman gets a high profile job sets you off. Tough shit if you feel they are wiping your nose in it, it's not about you.
since you mentioned petes dick and brought color into our conversation...you most certainly are....and now i will watch you lose it like you have in so many other threads were you got slapped....

Oh my, I don't think you understand context or what the term 'gay basher' means. Or that speaking about race doesn't make someone a racist. Jesus, dude, get a grip.
oh i dont think you do.....you are the ass that brought it up....and you didnt need to,but you did...that says something about you doesnt it?....

What's wrong with talking about race in a thread about wingnut discrimination? You think talking about race is bad but stating that the gay guy or the female vice president isn't good enough? Ok, whatever
you were not talking about race numbnuts.....you called me a white guy when you did not need to....that was personal...and i know you racial people just cant see the difference....

Oh, you poor, poor boy. I called you white. Was it an insult? No. Did I insult your race at all? No. Did I insult your sexual orientation? No. Did others insult them in this thread? Yes. What did you do? Whine that I called you white.

thats because you are a fucking racist.....if i was a black guy would you have said the same thing?....and yes it was an insult,im not considered to be white by many....and by saying i might suck petes dick, yea you insulted my sexual orientation....

But, you're a white guy posting your white grievance about the merit of minorities in a Biden administration.

You're not considered to be white...but you are, aren't you? Nothing wrong with that.

I said don't worry you won't have to, in other words be forced to suck...you know what. I didn't say you wanted to. Not that there is anything wrong with it if you did and you do keep bringing it up, a lot. I'm not judging.
no im considered to be kinda brown.....and what you said is already on record here so you cant dance your way out of it....its funny how when you people are called out for your racist remarks how the dancing begins.....

Lot's of brown white people, why are you running away from it?

If you can point out specifically what I said was racist that would be great. Calling you white believe it or not, not racist.

Also, this is going to blow your mind. Me saying that you are playing your white grievance politics on the board, also not racist.

The democrat party is a party of identity politics. The want to have the look of being all inclusive.
So, you don't get the best person for the position.

The best person for the job can't be a woman or gay? Weird. In reality there are hundreds of people who are qualified for any given position. Was Ben Carson best for HUD? Probably not, but you didn't complain about that. How about Mark Meadows for CoS? He kind of sucked.
no one said that did they?....the point is appointing someone to a job BECAUSE that person is gay or whatever even thought there might be better people who just might not be gay or whatever.....

Who said the only reason a person of color or woman is appointed is because of race or gender. There are numerous qualified people who are not white that are capable and Biden is picking some of them to fill his cabinet.

In the meantime Trump picked Ben Carson for HUD. Was he qualified? Not really and in hearings he obviously doesn't seem to care or know what he's talking about. Did Trump pick Carson for HUD because he's black? Maybe. Do you care? Nope.

How about Mark Meadows? White guy, total train wreck.

Every person regardless of their own genetic make up should be qualified, period. But to almost always and consistently go white male is excluding a lot of qualified people.
Yes, Kamala is a product of identity politics. Obama was a product of identity politics. Both are/were not top tier politicians.
Next in line for the presidency will be a tranny, it's their turn.

Trump before he ran was a "top tier" politician? Nope. I certainly wouldn't have considered Mike Pence to be top tier either.

Obama, Harris and Trump (if you're into that sort of thing) all have charisma and are either young (relatively speaking), considered outsiders or both.

You can't even make an argument that wouldn't apply to white politicians but yet explicitly claiming blacks and women are unqualified is noted.
What I stated was, "Your identity politics trumps the best person for the position". You're getting all twisted up in your posts.
Not surprising though.
the guy is getting a few things twisted up....he brought up race in our conversation and called me a white guy....but thats not being a racist....

Oh no, I brought up race in a thread about you asshats having a problem with Biden placing women and gays in his administration. Shoot me.
no you called me a white guy ....you did not need to....but you did.....and i have no problem with those people,it was about why was their gender or sexual persuasion the story instead of what they bring to the table....but you racist seem to be all alike dont you?....and yea people like you do need be shot...

Being the first or near first is a story. It's been explained to you. It's a normalization of diverse backgrounds and all people being able to create national policy. It's something to celebrate when the qualified people who work in government resemble we the people.

I'm sorry you have a problem with that.
nice dance....now why dont you tell me about your comment about me sucking petes dick and the need to call me a white guy?.....dont try to change what we were talking about.....

I said (paraphrasing) that just because Pete was nominated doesn't mean your life is going to change in any way you don't want it to. Pretty sure you purposefully missed the point.
the point you made was because he is gay, dont worry you wont have to suck his dick....pretty sure you are purposely trying to change your point....

Oh my god, this is funny shit.

My point was because a gay guy is in the Whitehouse doesn't mean you are going to turn gay against (or with) your will, unless you want to and again I'm not judging.
sure you did.....you racist/anti gay fuckers open your mouths and get called on it and then its damage control.....to late chump....

The democrat party is a party of identity politics. The want to have the look of being all inclusive.
So, you don't get the best person for the position.

The best person for the job can't be a woman or gay? Weird. In reality there are hundreds of people who are qualified for any given position. Was Ben Carson best for HUD? Probably not, but you didn't complain about that. How about Mark Meadows for CoS? He kind of sucked.
no one said that did they?....the point is appointing someone to a job BECAUSE that person is gay or whatever even thought there might be better people who just might not be gay or whatever.....

Who said the only reason a person of color or woman is appointed is because of race or gender. There are numerous qualified people who are not white that are capable and Biden is picking some of them to fill his cabinet.

In the meantime Trump picked Ben Carson for HUD. Was he qualified? Not really and in hearings he obviously doesn't seem to care or know what he's talking about. Did Trump pick Carson for HUD because he's black? Maybe. Do you care? Nope.

How about Mark Meadows? White guy, total train wreck.

Every person regardless of their own genetic make up should be qualified, period. But to almost always and consistently go white male is excluding a lot of qualified people.
Yes, Kamala is a product of identity politics. Obama was a product of identity politics. Both are/were not top tier politicians.
Next in line for the presidency will be a tranny, it's their turn.

Trump before he ran was a "top tier" politician? Nope. I certainly wouldn't have considered Mike Pence to be top tier either.

Obama, Harris and Trump (if you're into that sort of thing) all have charisma and are either young (relatively speaking), considered outsiders or both.

You can't even make an argument that wouldn't apply to white politicians but yet explicitly claiming blacks and women are unqualified is noted.
What I stated was, "Your identity politics trumps the best person for the position". You're getting all twisted up in your posts.
Not surprising though.
the guy is getting a few things twisted up....he brought up race in our conversation and called me a white guy....but thats not being a racist....

Oh no, I brought up race in a thread about you asshats having a problem with Biden placing women and gays in his administration. Shoot me.
no you called me a white guy ....you did not need to....but you did.....and i have no problem with those people,it was about why was their gender or sexual persuasion the story instead of what they bring to the table....but you racist seem to be all alike dont you?....and yea people like you do need be shot...

Being the first or near first is a story. It's been explained to you. It's a normalization of diverse backgrounds and all people being able to create national policy. It's something to celebrate when the qualified people who work in government resemble we the people.

I'm sorry you have a problem with that.
nice dance....now why dont you tell me about your comment about me sucking petes dick and the need to call me a white guy?.....dont try to change what we were talking about.....

I said (paraphrasing) that just because Pete was nominated doesn't mean your life is going to change in any way you don't want it to. Pretty sure you purposefully missed the point.
the point you made was because he is gay, dont worry you wont have to suck his dick....pretty sure you are purposely trying to change your point....

Oh my god, this is funny shit.

My point was because a gay guy is in the Whitehouse doesn't mean you are going to turn gay against (or with) your will, unless you want to and again I'm not judging.
sure you did.....you racist/anti gay fuckers open your mouths and get called on it and then its damage control.....to late chump....

I'm the guy who thinks Pete is qualified and don't care if he is gay or not, remember? But if you want to ignore someone calling Pete a fag and go after my posts making fun of you having a problem with a gay guy in Biden's cabinet, then so be it. I think I hit a nerve though.

You're either lying about my posts or a moron if you think anything I've said is homophobic or racist.

Last edited:

Nobody said otherwise.

If you can point out specifically what I said was racist that would be great. Calling you white believe it or not, not racist.

Also, this is going to blow your mind. Me saying that you are playing your white grievance politics on the board, also not racist.
brown white people?....what the hell is that?.....also calling a person what their color is, is racist because you made that personal,even though you were wrong......and show me were in this thread i was playing so called white grievance politics?.....

Nobody said otherwise.

brown white people?....what the hell is that?.....also calling a person what their color is, is racist because you made that personal,even though you were wrong......and show me were in this thread i was playing so called white grievance politics?.....

White grievance politics - Taking issue when minorities are nominated, assuming it's only because of their minority status and excusing every white male in Republican administrations that have a large white male membership.

Did you know that white people come in many shades? But hey, if you aren't Caucasian then you aren't Caucasian.

Forum List

Back