Why is it so hard to have a civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum?

I can do it too. Quote other people.

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

". . . You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth."

Looks like MLK wasn't immune to being hoodwinked. Even the best of us can get it wrong sometimes.

What do you mean exactly?

I guess it goes without saying this is the most volatile forum at USMB?
...the staggering amount of drivel, bullshit, innuendo and dumbass babble palistan-cheerleaders dump here...

....which pales into insignificance compared to the amount of drivel, bullshit, innuendo, and dumass babble the Judeophiles, wannabe Zionists, and paid Hasbarats regurgitate here to order by their handlers and masters in Tel Aviv.

Where exactly are they located in Tel Aviv? 2nd left after the traffic lights on Ben Yehuda?

And what's wrong with Jerusalem?

Mossad HQ ministry government department intelligence

In other words, you don't know.

....While trying to hide your Jew hate, you should first learn what Zionism means. Anti Zionism is the new anti semtism, as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Put it well in 1968.

...Most of these anti Semites don't even know what Zionism actually means. They heard something during a Neo Nazi or IslmoNazi rally and they think that's what it is.

Indeed, the staggering amount of drivel, bullshit, innuendo and dumbass babble palistan-cheerleaders dump here makes it so.

...You really are terminally stupid. That some groups use the word in their name does not mean Zionism is an organization. Don't look up when it rains ... you will definitely drown.

...Uh-huh. I accept your capitulation. Don't do that stupid, stupid shit again.

... I'd say, these days the definition is a socially acceptable all encompassing word for Jew. So anti Semite scumbags aren't seen to be what they really are.

....NOTHING MORE THAN A NAZI ANTI SEMITIC JEW HATRED RANT by a paid ISLAMONAZI LIAR AND PROPAGANDIST

... Spouting the term Zionist is RACIST ANTI SEMITIC INTOLERANCE

Why is it so hard to have a civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum? See above.

Hi Billo, while I agree with a lot of the above, sadly I strongly suspect this forum appears to be over-run with ignorant or ill-informed, generally "right-wing" (but not exclusively), paid Hasbarists whose job it is to sabotage any meaningful discourse on this topic. This is evidenced in their constant repetition of Hasbara talking points, (regardless of how often they are discredited) and a predilection for resorting to "shouting" and "name calling" at every opportunity. While it can be entertaining, from time to time, to "poke the monkey cage with a stick" it adds nothing to the the general discourse and you do run the risk of getting hit with the faeces they throw at you as a result.

I rest my case.

....While trying to hide your Jew hate, you should first learn what Zionism means. Anti Zionism is the new anti semtism, as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Put it well in 1968.

...Most of these anti Semites don't even know what Zionism actually means. They heard something during a Neo Nazi or IslmoNazi rally and they think that's what it is.

Indeed, the staggering amount of drivel, bullshit, innuendo and dumbass babble palistan-cheerleaders dump here makes it so.

...You really are terminally stupid. That some groups use the word in their name does not mean Zionism is an organization. Don't look up when it rains ... you will definitely drown.

... I'd say, these days the definition is a socially acceptable all encompassing word for Jew. So anti Semite scumbags aren't seen to be what they really are.

....NOTHING MORE THAN A NAZI ANTI SEMITIC JEW HATRED RANT by a paid ISLAMONAZI LIAR AND PROPAGANDIST

Why is it so hard to have a civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum? See above.

Hi Billo, while I agree with a lot of the above, sadly I strongly suspect this forum appears to be over-run with ignorant or ill-informed, generally "right-wing" (but not exclusively), paid Hasbarists whose job it is to sabotage any meaningful discourse on this topic. This is evidenced in their constant repetition of Hasbara talking points, (regardless of how often they are discredited) and a predilection for resorting to "shouting" and "name calling" at every opportunity. While it can be entertaining, from time to time, to "poke the monkey cage with a stick" it adds nothing to the the general discourse and you do run the risk of getting hit with the faeces they throw at you as a result.

I rest my case.
I think you've proven it to be true, quite well.

Bravo!

It's pretty clear that Zionists and their minions, have no intention of being civil to anyone with opposing views.

I rest my case.
I think you've proven it to be true, quite well.

Bravo!

It's pretty clear that Zionists and their minions, have no intention of being civil to anyone with opposing views.

"Views" did you say? Is that what they were?

I guess it goes without saying this is the most volatile forum at USMB? I don't think I've seen one thread where a shouting match didn't occur at some point. There is so much vitriol, one would think you'd have an "Enter at your own risk" sign on the first webpage before entering. I'm wondering why a lack of civility is so prevalent? And yes, I know, I'm one of the biggest violators of that. If there was a "Biggest Prick in the Forum" contest, I would probably make the meddle round.

If you were going to name whom (or what) is responsible for the consistently deteriorating discord, who (or what) would it be?

the Zionists?
the anti-Zionists?
the Americans?
the Israeli's?
the Muslims?
the Jews?
the pro-Palestine crowd?
the pro-Israeli crowd?
human nature?
the seriousness of the topics being discussed?​

If you had to put your finger on one thing that is preventing issues in this forum from being discussed in a civil, respectful manner, without all the emotional outbursts and name-calling, what would it be?
You left one off of your list.

You.

You are the reason that this forum cannot discuss the abhorrent behavior of the Palestinians.
See above and you'll see you are mistaken.

Most of the civilised world support the NATIONAL HOME FOR THE JEWS and the ABILITY TO DEFEND IT FROM VIOLENCE AND TERRORISM. It is only the muslims that don't, and they are the ones being defended against.
An occupational force, that will not allow peace to occur, cannot claim self defense!

Billo asks what is the reason we cannot have s civil debate.

A simple question, folks. Raise your hand if you know the answer.

Who said about an innocent terror victim- "Fuck that little baby!" ?

Anyone? anyone?

Hint: It wasn't me.

Damn. Those Zionists. Without any ability to have a healthy discussion...

Gee!

Anyone? anyone?

Gee!
Taking people out of context is not very civil, either.

Anyone? anyone?

Gee!
Taking people out of context is not very civil, either.

What did I take out of context, exactly?

I have to go to work now, so you fuckers better be good while I'm away!

And no fucking profanity! I don't want to hear that shit, when I get back!

What did I take out of context, exactly?
The reason for me making that comment.

You were pissed.

So was I.

Did you see me saying things like "fuck that little ***" on the innocent victims of others? Ever heard me saying something bad about Abu-Khdeir, even though he was far from being "pure victim"? I did not, and believe me, I have a lot in my mind to say, but I'm clever enough to zip it.

Fact that you say that on a 3 months old, even if you're pissed, says alot about your ability to "civilizely" discuss things.

Forum List

Back