Why Is John Boehner Afraid of the Yosemite Sam Wing of His Caucus?

This isn't about the Tea Party...this is about one thing...

Do we continue to spend money we don't have...or do we start to clean up our act and live within our means?

This notion that the Tea Party is somehow "extreme" for asking the Federal Government to do the same thing that every American household has to do is laughable. I'm sorry but that isn't "extreme"...it's simple common sense.

The thing is, we DO have the money.

We simply refuse to tax the wealthy and corporations at an appropriate rate to pay our bills.

Because the wealth is going to "Trickled down"...

Really.

Any minute now.

Trickle down economics never has existed and never will, Joe. It's a term invented by liberals who don't understand economics. Wealth has always trickled up...not down. Ask anyone who owns a business and they will tell you that "trickle down" theory is a fantasy.

Your contention that we can fix our problems with spending by simply taxing the wealthy and corporations at an "appropriate" rate is just as big of a fantasy. Number one...if you COULD get the wealthy and corporations to stay put and allow themselves to be taxed (something which is highly doubtful given the result of countries such as Great Britain who have tried to do just that) the amount of money you would raise would not come close to paying the bills. The great liberal "lie", Joe is that the Middle Class won't be the ones who pick up the tab for your refusal to get spending under control. Anyone with rudimentary math skills can crunch the numbers and quickly realize that's not "doable".

Last edited:
I don't know about the Dems "golden ticket" but the antidote is not the TPM.

All the Tea Party Movement is, Jake...is a group of Americans who grasp the very simple concept that our government has become so bloated that it's unsustainable. They're asking for fiscal sanity. That isn't extreme and never will be...despite all of the attempts by liberals to paint them AS extremists.

All the Tea Party Movement is, Jake...is a group of Americans who grasp the very simple concept that our government has become so bloated that it's unsustainable. They're asking for fiscal sanity. That isn't extreme and never will be...despite all of the attempts by liberals to paint them AS extremists.

Have you ever heard any of Michele Bachmann or Allen West's speeches? The group is nothing short of a bunch of loons.

How about Paul Broun? "Evolution and Embryology are lies from the Pit Of Hell" oh right...this is someone I want leading my country.

Steve King? "Every one (hispanic) child that gets a job another 100 are smuggling drugs" I'm amazed no one has sued the nutcase! Great representative huh?

The. Tea. Party. Is. Nuts.

Last edited:
Aren't you quick? Son, the other 75% of Americans dislike or hate the TPM. If he continues caving to the TPM he will eventually lose his Speakership and his seat.

Charlie Wilson said something (in his movie anyway) that he "gets to say yes" alot because the people in his district only care about two things; taxes and the greatness of America. Cruz (Wilson was a Texan) benefits from the same numbskulls that are his constituents.

Ironically, the coalitions that Charlie Wilson worked with to bring bacon to his district in Texas are no longer available so the influence that "safe" Senators could wield has been retarded by the brinksmanship of their positions in the far extremes of both Parties.

Charlies, whom I knew for about 15 years, was a blue-dog Democrat of the Texas 2d Congressional District.

He would have pissed on the Tea Party.

I think you're right. We had people up in Lufkin once upon a time. Gotta tell you though, my cousins who still live in Angelica county (Not sure if thats right) near Lufkin hated the movie where Tom Hanks portrayed him. They said that if Wilson could put two words together it was because someone wrote one on the front side of a 3X5 card and the second one on the back.

John Boehner would be America's hero right now if he were to tell Obama to go suck an egg.

Alas, he is a surrender monkey and will cave tomorrow.

Then he will secure the end of his political career.

The republicans who are stopping democrats reflect the republicans who put them in office. This struggle is not confined to washington, it is between the divided factions of the public.

Yes, I misspoke when I said Cruz would be speaker. He's a senator. Whoever would be, it won't be Boehner if he gives the democrats too much.

He knows that the RINO republicans would all be replaced and Senator Ted Cruz will be speaker. He's trying to help keep the old guard standing.

/facepalm

yes...because that's even allowed under the constitution

Is it really? I know you can't work for two different branches (actually, I've heard that all my life--that if the SOH had to assume the Presidency, she/he would have to resign their seat in the House first) but can a seated Senator run for a House seat? That sounds like something the GOP would try...

Especially a minority senator leaving the senate in order to do it. The Speaker is second in line for succession and he could have some big shady plan with the Teaparty to take over the WH though.

still spreading the love...do they ever get tired of hating? it's one thing or another for them.

are you all feeling LUV?

Last edited:

Have you ever heard any of Michele Bachmann or Allen West's speeches? The group is nothing short of a bunch of loons.

How about Paul Broun? "Evolution and Embryology are lies from the Pit Of Hell" oh right...this is someone I want leading my country.

Steve King? "Every one (hispanic) child that gets a job another 100 are smuggling drugs" I'm amazed no one has sued the nutcase! Great representative huh?

No, the Tea Party is not "nuts". There is nothing "nuts" about fiscal sanity. What you liberals do every time any Americans band together to ask for some fiscal sanity is to attack them as extremists. The vast majority of the Tea Party movement were ordinary Americans who simply didn't like the path the country was being taken on and made their opinions known in a legal and peaceful fashion. Liberals with the aid of a compliant main stream media ignored those ordinary Americans and focused solely on a scattered few fringe racists and idiots. Contrast how the Tea Party was portrayed with how the Occupy Wall Street was portrayed.

No, the Tea Party is not "nuts". There is nothing "nuts" about fiscal sanity. What you liberals do every time any Americans band together to ask for some fiscal sanity is to attack them as extremists. The vast majority of the Tea Party movement were ordinary Americans who simply didn't like the path the country was being taken on and made their opinions known in a legal and peaceful fashion. Liberals with the aid of a compliant main stream media ignored those ordinary Americans and focused solely on a scattered few fringe racists and idiots. Contrast how the Tea Party was portrayed with how the Occupy Wall Street was portrayed.

Yes, the TeaTards are nuts. Always have been

It has nothing to do with fiscal sanity. That is smoke and mirrors to confuse the loyal TeaTards into thinking they have a noble cause

Ignoring revenue in seeking a balanced budget is not fiscal sanity. Neither is demanding sacrifice from others while you insist that your entitlements stay intact. What personal sacrifices have TeaTards ever offered up?

Shutting down the Government costs us money. That is not fiscal sanity
Defaulting on our debt ruins our credit rating. That is not fiscal sanity

The obsession to kill Obamacare has NOTHING to do with fiscal sanity

still spreading the love...do they ever get tired of hating? it's one thing or another for them.

are you all feeling LUV?

The TPers are sure spreading something all over the country. Not sure I'd call it love tho.

are you all feeling LUV?

The TPers are sure spreading something all over the country. Not sure I'd call it love tho.

yeah ok, it was ok when you leftie/liberals were spreading whatever you want to call it on us when Bush was president..marching, protesting, storming Senate hearings attacking the black woman Sec. of State.., etc etc

but hey, that's different today...can't have dissenters under Obama...they should be strung up and have 1000's of threads whining over them

Last edited:

It has nothing to do with fiscal sanity. That is smoke and mirrors to confuse the loyal TeaTards into thinking they have a noble cause

Ignoring revenue in seeking a balanced budget is not fiscal sanity. Neither is demanding sacrifice from others while you insist that your entitlements stay intact. What personal sacrifices have TeaTards ever offered up?

The people that you derisively refer to as the "TeaTards" are the people who have been paying for the entitlements you refer to. They aren't the Occupy Wall Street parasites who demand that someone else give up their hard earned money so that they can hang out and get stoned.

You want us to get back to "business as usual", Winger? That's spending a trillion dollars a year more than we have. That's "insanity as usual" and ObamaCare is just one more entitlement we've obligated ourselves to that we don't have the means to pay for without hitting the American people with massive tax increases.

The people that you derisively refer to as the "TeaTards" are the people who have been paying for the entitlements you refer to. They aren't the Occupy Wall Street parasites who demand that someone else give up their hard earned money so that they can hang out and get stoned.

You want us to get back to "business as usual", Winger? That's spending a trillion dollars a year more than we have. That's "insanity as usual" and ObamaCare is just one more entitlement we've obligated ourselves to that we don't have the means to pay for without hitting the American people with massive tax increases.

All Americans pay taxes. Many TPM members do not pay federal income tax.

You need to stop with sweeping exaggerations that blow up in your face.

because you JUST KNOW
you've become a one trick pony...yawn

All Americans pay taxes. Many TPM members do not pay federal income tax.

You need to stop with sweeping exaggerations that blow up in your face.

Which group do you think pays more in taxes, Jake...Tea Party members or Occupy Wall Street members?

The fact is...we've reached a "tipping point" where more Americans are taking OUT of the system then are paying IN to it. The Tea Party understand the inherent danger in that...you on the other hand, seem to be oblivious to it.

Oh Brother. They Teaparty sounds like a group ready for sainthood rather than shady redneck vigilantes which is what they actually are. :lol:

Oh Brother. They Teaparty sounds like a group ready for sainthood rather than shady redneck vigilantes which is what they actually are. :lol:

they are compared to your OWS...A lot of them in the tea party fought and died for your freedom to call them, rednecks, Yosemit sams, teatards, teabaggers...and the lovely names you low class haters in the Democrat party can come up with....but so what...

Last edited:

In what way are people who are in the Tea Party "shady" or "vigilantes"? When the Tea Party gathered for their protests they obtained the proper permits, didn't shut down the rest of society and even cleaned up after themselves. Now contrast THAT behavior with the Occupy Wall Street groups who protested illegally, did their best to shut down normal societal activities prompting the need for millions of dollars in police supervision and left their protest sites a stinking mess that the rest of us had to pay to clean up.

Compared to the OWS crowd the Tea Partiers ARE ready for sainthood...

TeaTards pay no mopre for entitlements than any other American. I would even say they RECEIVE more than the average American

Yes...I want to go back to business as usual. A country that pays its debts. A Government that is functioning. The Republican obsession to kill Obamacare has nothing to do with fiscal responsibility and everything to do with a political temper tantrum

Forum List

Back