Why is "militar vet" or "Navy vet" not used in LA cop-killer rampage?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Im watching the Fox coverage of this. They keep referring to him as a "former cop", "ex-LAPD police officer", etc, etc, etc. They call him everything EXCEPT "Former military".

The guy was training with a combat riverine unit in the Navy. His cop training would be urban police tactics. The guy's rural combat training would've come from the military, and he is in the woods now.

Why has the right wing ONLY referred to him as only a cop, but never mentioning his military duty? Not that it is some sort of message, but watching CNN, MSNBC, NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS, etc, I've noticed ONLY Fox has failed to mention him as a military guy, but only as a cop.

Im watching the Fox coverage of this. They keep referring to him as a "former cop", "ex-LAPD police officer", etc, etc, etc. They call him everything EXCEPT "Former military".

The guy was training with a combat riverine unit in the Navy. His cop training would be urban police tactics. The guy's rural combat training would've come from the military, and he is in the woods now.

Why has the right wing ONLY referred to him as only a cop, but never mentioning his military duty? Not that it is some sort of message, but watching CNN, MSNBC, NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS, etc, I've noticed ONLY Fox has failed to mention him as a military guy, but only as a cop.

I was just watching a news report on ABC, and they didn't even mention anything about him being military.

They showed him in fatigues, but that was it.

*shrug*
Same reason the MSM doesn't read you the pro-Obama comments in his 'manifesto'

Most recently, he became a former cop.

Tell me why Obama and Company refuse to use the term "radical Islamic terrorist" when nearly all of today's terrorists ARE CURRENTLY radical Islamic assholes!

Searchers struggle to pick up trail of former Los Angeles cop wanted in killing spree | Fox News play who is the triple murder suspect Chris Dorner ..

Last edited:
I actually read this maniacs "manifesto". There's nearly 25 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

Why is it that the "mainstream media" (there's a contradiction) doesn't bother to point out that this raving lunatic is a looney tunes liberal?? Funny, but when one of these nut bags turns out to be from the right, that's all we hear about; left wing-nut, we hear nothing about it.

Guess it doesn't fit into the communist agenda, does it?

Interesting but not surprising. My first reaction is 'yep, yep.' The right wing likes to put veterams on a pedestal, as if they can do no wrong. Obviously, then can, and often. The prisons contain many 'veterans.' Of course we all respect what military people do in serving our country, but we cannot act as if they are, as a whole, all of high moral character. But the right wing does not want to acknowledge that. Timothy McVeigh, the worst American terrorist, was a vet.

Anyway, it's just not at all surprising that Fox would avoid mentioning this guy is a veteran as well as a former cop.

Bottom line:

Loonies come from all sorts of pasts.

Interesting but not surprising. My first reaction is 'yep, yep.' The right wing likes to put veterams on a pedestal, as if they can do no wrong. Obviously, then can, and often. The prisons contain many 'veterans.' Of course we all respect what military people do in serving our country, but we cannot act as if they are, as a whole, all of high moral character. But the right wing does not want to acknowledge that. Timothy McVeigh, the worst American terrorist, was a vet.

Anyway, it's just not at all surprising that Fox would avoid mentioning this guy is a veteran as well as a former cop.

That's ridiculous. I watched "Fox" when this story was unfolding and (1) His photograph CLEARLY showed him wearing Navy BDUs with LT bars and (2) I heard the Newscasters REPEATEDLY refer to him as "Former Navy Officer and LAPD Police Officer" .

You obviously have an agenda. Please don't make it an agenda of lies.

Last edited:

That's ridiculous. I watched "Fox" when this story was unfolding and (1) His photograph CLEARLY showed him wearing Navy BDUs with LT bars and (2) I heard the Newscasters REPEATEDLY refer to him as "Former Navy Officer and LAPD Police Officer" .

You obviously have an agenda. Please don't make it an agenda of lies.

I hope you are not referring to me as 'having an agenda.' I am simply commenting on the OP. I have not seen any of this coverage. I don't get MSNBC, ABC, or CBS, only CNN and FOX. I've had the TV on this morning and CNN is covering only the NE storm. FOX said very little about this guy on a shooting spree, so I'm not commenting on the coverage but on the OP. Now I think I'll go back to watching North by Northwest :)

Last edited:
Since they started reporting on it, MSNBC has referred to this person as a prior military member of the Navy, as well as a prior cop. They even said that the main reason for this killing spree is because he was fired from the police force.

Shit.........................MSNBC even went as far as to state that he's got a Sharpshooter Medal for rifles, and a Marksmanship ribbon for pistols, as well as a Good Conduct.

Why doesn't FAUX Nooze say that?

Since they started reporting on it, MSNBC has referred to this person as a prior military member of the Navy, as well as a prior cop. They even said that the main reason for this killing spree is because he was fired from the police force.

Shit.........................MSNBC even went as far as to state that he's got a Sharpshooter Medal for rifles, and a Marksmanship ribbon for pistols, as well as a Good Conduct.

Why doesn't FAUX Nooze say that?
I watched FOX news this morning, they referred to him several times as both ex-Navy and a fired former cop.

This thread can definitely be filed under one of the dumbest of the day.

Forum List

Back