🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Is Mitt Romney So Incredibly Weird?

JoeB, you are the first who would tell us not to believe what he says. So I believe he is going to do well. Ummm .. . not only do you hate Mormonism, you don't understand Mormons in American culture.

Oh, I understand them perfectly well. It's why I think we need to throw up a fence around Utah and turn it into a giant Cult Deprogramming Camp.

Until that enlightened day, the goal has to be keeping them from getting real power...

Sucked up? You can't show it. Being wealthy does not make him a plutocrat. Romney is going to regulate banking much more strictly. He will agree to a tax increase on the wealthy. And he is a Mormon, which means he instinctively, and rightfully so, distrust the religious right. He's not part of that, not even a little bit.

He cross governed in Massachusetts, and once elected, he will do the same thing again as president. A la Clinton he will move to the center and force the dems to work with him in place of the far right. He is going to recreate a strong moderate GOP wing. At last!

That is an interesting theory, I thought Bush was a moderate but it translated into nothing after the start of his second term. I think Romney will be a strong President, he will work with Congress but do you think Congress will work with Romney? I'm not sold on it yet, I also worry about his increasing spending instead of trying to cut spending. I'm not worried about social issues, I'm just wondering if he is really a fiscal conservative. That all said, he will be a better President than the current.

romney-believe-quote.jpg

Huh?

Actual Obama quotes in Obama's books.

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself."

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

OH MY GOD. OBAMA FINDING HIMSELF AS A YOUNG PERSON?

You don't say... I don't believe anyone does that as a young person, ever!

And you obviously don't understand the Muslim quote. I think it's a little above your level to grasp.

Sucked up? You can't show it. Being wealthy does not make him a plutocrat. Romney is going to regulate banking much more strictly. He will agree to a tax increase on the wealthy. And he is a Mormon, which means he instinctively, and rightfully so, distrust the religious right. He's not part of that, not even a little bit.

He cross governed in Massachusetts, and once elected, he will do the same thing again as president. A la Clinton he will move to the center and force the dems to work with him in place of the far right. He is going to recreate a strong moderate GOP wing. At last!

Are you like posting from some paralell universe? Were you just not paying attention to what Romney has said in the last two campaigns?

The Mormons don't "mistrust" the RR, they are part of it. They are as radical and homophobic as the rest of them... maybe worse.

Mormons may be fundamentalists in their own way and social conservatives but that doesn't mean they have any reason to trust the stereotypical member of the RR. Very much the opposite.

The odd thing was Santorum being embraced by the RR and Santorum lapping it up even though I would have thought he would have been aware of all those "Christian" bookstores which have anti-Catholic books right up there next to the anti-Mormon books.

Mormons appreciate the importance of keeping religion out of governance and how that ultimately protects freedom of religion.

At least the non-Utah Mormons I know. As I've said before, I realize that Utah Mormons in local government there are a different class.

Are you like posting from some paralell universe? Were you just not paying attention to what Romney has said in the last two campaigns?

The Mormons don't "mistrust" the RR, they are part of it. They are as radical and homophobic as the rest of them... maybe worse.

Mormons may be fundamentalists in their own way and social conservatives but that doesn't mean they have any reason to trust the stereotypical member of the RR. Very much the opposite.

The odd thing was Santorum being embraced by the RR and Santorum lapping it up even though I would have thought he would have been aware of all those "Christian" bookstores which have anti-Catholic books right up there next to the anti-Mormon books.

Mormons appreciate the importance of keeping religion out of governance and how that ultimately protects freedom of religion.

At least the non-Utah Mormons I know. As I've said before, I realize that Utah Mormons in local government there are a different class.

I do think that devout Catholics, Evangelical Christians and Mormons have their common goal of wanting to impose their views on the rest of us while disagreeing on the little theological details.

But today, you had the guy who was a advisor to Romney resign because he was gay and the Christian Right made a stink about him.

Hey, Jake, want to tell me again about how the Theocratic Right isn't going to be running things in the Romney White HOuse.

I do think that devout Catholics, Evangelical Christians and Mormons have their common goal of wanting to impose their views on the rest of us while disagreeing on the little theological details.

But today, you had the guy who was a advisor to Romney resign because he was gay and the Christian Right made a stink about him.

Hey, Jake, want to tell me again about how the Theocratic Right isn't going to be running things in the Romney White HOuse.

Except for they don't. All groups have values that they espouse. Don't pretend that's not so. But Christians are very interested in harmony with unbelievers. You're just bigot.

Actual Obama quotes in Obama's books.

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself."

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

OH MY GOD. OBAMA FINDING HIMSELF AS A YOUNG PERSON?

You don't say... I don't believe anyone does that as a young person, ever!

And you obviously don't understand the Muslim quote. I think it's a little above your level to grasp.

Yea that's not 12 year-old Obama espousing his racism. That's 50 year-old Obama telling us where he stands. Nice try dude.

Except for they don't. All groups have values that they espouse. Don't pretend that's not so. But Christians are very interested in harmony with unbelievers. You're just bigot.

Oh, they don't run the major things. But the point is, the fact that Romney feels he needed to fire the ghey dude because some fundy minister carped about it says a lot right there.

Mostly, the Religious Right is being played by the plutocrats, but once in a while, they have to throw them a bit of raw meat.

Oh, they don't run the major things. But the point is, the fact that Romney feels he needed to fire the ghey dude because some fundy minister carped about it says a lot right there.

Mostly, the Religious Right is being played by the plutocrats, but once in a while, they have to throw them a bit of raw meat.

What does it say that you feel you need to misrepresent what happened between Romney and Grenell?

What does it say that you feel you need to misrepresent what happened between Romney and Grenell?

I'm not misrepresenting a thing. Some Funditarded whacko said that the guy had to go, and lo and behold, he's gone today.... Imagine that.

I'm not misrepresenting a thing. Some Funditarded whacko said that the guy had to go, and lo and behold, he's gone today.... Imagine that.

WTF is wrong with you...? :eusa_liar:

For those who want to find the truth... here you go..

Mitt Romney's handling of Richard Grenell resignation shows weakness | NJ.com

Mitt Romney’s handling of the controversy surrounding Richard Grenell, the foreign policy spokesman he hired who happens to be openly gay, reveals the Republican candidate as insensitive and weak. Grenell resigned his position after he was marginalized by the campaign, the result of a drumbeat of disapproval from conservative commentators.

....But these are adults, and Grenell is no dork. He's a recognized expert in foreign policy who worked with John Bolton, President George W. Bush’s emissary to the United Nations. Yes, he is openly gay, but he wasn’t hired to advise Romney on social issues.

Yupppers, the Religious right, he's going to show them a thing or two, you betcha.

WTF is wrong with you...? :eusa_liar:

Nothing at all.

I think this episode says more about why Romney should never be president than anything.

Some little toad named Bryan Fischer whines about hiring the gay man, and suddenly, the gay man is out of a job, even though by most accounts, he's REALLY good at what he does. WOrked for John Bolton and George W. Bush, neither of whom felt the need to fire him no matter how much the religous whackos might have whined about it.

Gay Spokesman Quits Romney Campaign, Citing "Hyper-Partisan Discussion of Personal Issues"

Before it drops into the memory hole, let's remember -- the argument against Grenell was 24-carat anti-gay. Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association repeatedly accused Romney of selling out "conservatives" by hiring a gay man. "It appears to be a dog-whistle to the homosexual lobby," he explained, "a way of saying to them I’m with you, not with them. It appears to be his way of saying to gay activists that when push comes to shove you can count on me. I’ll be in your corner, not theirs." Fischer even equated gay sex with prostitution. "If the Secret Service scandal teaches us one thing, it is this: a man’s private sexual conduct matters when we’re talking about public office."

For those who want to find the truth... here you go..

Mitt Romney's handling of Richard Grenell resignation shows weakness | NJ.com

Mitt Romney’s handling of the controversy surrounding Richard Grenell, the foreign policy spokesman he hired who happens to be openly gay, reveals the Republican candidate as insensitive and weak. Grenell resigned his position after he was marginalized by the campaign, the result of a drumbeat of disapproval from conservative commentators.

....But these are adults, and Grenell is no dork. He's a recognized expert in foreign policy who worked with John Bolton, President George W. Bush’s emissary to the United Nations. Yes, he is openly gay, but he wasn’t hired to advise Romney on social issues.

Yupppers, the Religious right, he's going to show them a thing or two, you betcha.

I have decided to resign from the Romney campaign as the Foreign Policy and National Security Spokesman. While I welcomed the challenge to confront President Obama’s foreign policy failures and weak leadership on the world stage, my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign. I want to thank Governor Romney for his belief in me and my abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team.

The Huffington Post recently reported that days after joining the campaign and coming under fire for numerous sexist and impolitic statements he had made about prominent women and members of the media, Grenell scrubbed over 800 tweets from his Twitter feed and deleted his personal website.

Rubin didn't mention Grenell's controversial statements in her post about his resignation.

Grenell drew harsh criticism from reporters during his tenure as a spokesman for the United Nations.

Richard Grenell, Controversial Mitt Romney Spokesman, Resigns

Richard Grenell, a former Bush administration official who joined the Romney campaign Thursday as national security and foreign policy spokesman, appears to have deleted more than 800 of his past tweets following scrutiny over numerous swipes aimed at the media, prominent Democratic women and the Gingriches. Grenell also apparently took down his personal site, which featured writing on politics, foreign affairs and the media.

On Friday afternoon, Grenell still featured a link to his personal site (www.richardgrenell.com) on his Twitter profile, which then showed that he had tweeted 7,577 times, according to a screenshot taken Friday by The Huffington Post. By Sunday morning, Grenell's Twitter feed only listed 6,759 tweets and his personal site is no longer available. (Some examples of past writing have been archived on the Internet and can be found here.)

In the Twitter-fueled 2012 election, it's not surprising that reporters quickly began digging through Grenell's Twitter feed, even before he got a chance to scrub out a number of impolitic and sexist comments.

ThinkProgress noted Grenell's tendency to make cutting remarks about the appearances of prominent women in media and politics, including his tweet advising MSNBC host Rachel Maddow "to take a breath and put on a necklace," and another suggesting she resembled Justin Bieber.

In another tweet, Grenell wrote that "Hillary is starting to look like Madeline [sic] Albright." He discussed First Lady Michelle Obama working out and "sweating on the East Room carpet." He also asked whether Callista Gingrich's "hair snaps on," and on another occasion, commented how Gingrich's third wife "stands there like she is wife #1." Politico flagged more examples and noted Grenell's "old pastime" of "ridiculing the Gingriches."

Richard Grenell, New Mitt Romney Spokesman, Scrubs Online Attacks On Media And Women

“We are disappointed that Ric decided to resign from the campaign for his own personal reasons," Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades said in a statement. "We wanted him to stay because he had superior qualifications for the position he was hired to fill.”

R. Clarke Cooper, executive director of the Log Cabin Republicans, also released a statement:

Ric made the choice that he feels is best for the Romney campaign, and I respect his decision. It is unfortunate that while the Romney campaign made it clear that Grenell being an openly gay man was a non-issue for the governor and his team, the hyper-partisan discussion of issues unrelated to Ric's national security qualifications threatened to compromise his effectiveness on the campaign trail. As a Bush Administration colleague of Ric, I can attest to his experience and qualifications in the national security portfolio. Ric was essentially hounded by the far right and far left. The Romney campaign has lost a well-known advocate of conservative ideas and a talented spokesman, and I am certain he will remain an active voice for a confident U.S. foreign policy.

Hours after Grenell's resignation was announced, competing stories emerged as to what had caused it. The initial report suggested that pressure from social conservatives had forced Romney's hand. But that same report, written by the Post's Rubin, later clarified that aides to Romney had urged Grenell to stay. He left, the piece added, in part because he hadn't come on board at a time when foreign policy issues were dominating the campaign.

For Democrats, of course, the former storyline is better than the latter.

Richard]Richard Grenell, New Mitt Romney Spokesman, Scrubs Online Attacks On Media And Women

Last edited:
Well, rather than try to reason with you, let's hear what Romney's version of the Iraqi Information Minister, Jennifer Rubin says about it..

EXCLUSIVE: Richard Grenell hounded from Romney campaign by anti-gay conservatives - Right Turn - The Washington Post

Pieces in two conservative publications, the National Review and Daily Caller, reflected the uproar by some social conservatives over the appointment. [UPDATE, 4:30 p.m.: Although Grenell also raised the ire of liberal commentators with now-deleted tweets about certain prominent women, none of the sources I spoke with mentioned the tweets as a factor in his resignation decision.]

In the National Review, Matthew J. Franck wrote late last week: “Suppose Barack Obama comes out — as Grenell wishes he would — in favor of same-sex marriage in his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention. How fast and how publicly will Richard Grenell decamp from Romney to Obama?”

The argument that Grenell could essentially not be openly gay and serve on a GOP presidential campaign was belied by the fact that Grenell has been a loyal Republican for many years, working for esteemed foreign policy figures including former Ambassador to the U.N. John Bolton.

Fact was, Romney couldn't stand up to the FUnditards, how was he going to stand up to Putin or China or Iran?

JoeB131 said:
Hi, you have received -156 reputation points from JoeB131.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Yawn, your boy got caught with his magic underwear around his ankles...hahahahhaha

Regards,
JoeB131

Note: This is an automated message.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back