Why Is Mitt Romney So Incredibly Weird?

Sigh. Romney is the better candidate, so just step off, JoeB.

Do you get that when the GOP went right on abortion (a false issue) was due to the religious right?

FDR and Truman did not project American power like the Wolofowitzes and Cheneys. FDR and Truman were reacting to threats AFTER Americans were attacked or our allies were attacked. If you can't see that difference, then you simply are out of your league here.

You have given no reasons of worth to think neo-cons and the religious right will have great power under Romney.

You are clearly arguing for a Romney election, because nothing you have posted argues against it.

Do you get that when the GOP went right on abortion (a false issue) was due to the religious right?

FDR and Truman did not project American power like the Wolofowitzes and Cheneys. FDR and Truman were reacting to threats AFTER Americans were attacked or our allies were attacked. If you can't see that difference, then you simply are out of your league here.

You have given no reasons of worth to think neo-cons and the religious right will have great power under Romney.

You are clearly arguing for a Romney election, because nothing you have posted argues against it.

You don't have to be religious to think that abortion is wrong dude. You're just a hater.

Well, no, he really isn't. frankly, he's a failed one term governor. and he's lost more elections than he's won, so he's really not that good of a candidate. The only reason he has some plausibility is because the economy isn't great right now. He'd be a joke if unemployment was down to 5%.

Quite the contrary. I think I considered myself "Pro-Life" all the way up to about 2008, even though I stopped beliving in sky pixies in about 1983. Keep in mind, the abortion advocates weren't advocating legalizing abortion as a form of birth control, they pushed hard luck cases like incest and rape and birth defects as a reason we needed to legalize them.

There certainly is a secular case to be made against abortion. If you accept that the fetus feels pain and is alive in a biological sense, then killing it is morally wrong. It's "right to life" supercedes the mothers "right to not be embarrased that she has crappty tastes in men".

What changed for me on the issue was 1) I concluded the Plutocrats who really run the GOP only use it to keep people upset and voting against their own interests and 2) as a pure practical matter, you can't allow abortion any more than you can effectively outlaw prostitution, drugs, alcohol or guns.

Bush and Cheney didn't respond until after we were attacked on 9/11. Now Saddam didn't attack the WTC and Hitler didn't attack Pearl Harbor. But that didn't stop them from taking advantage of the situation.

More to the point, this "projecting American Power" isn't a new thing at all. The Monroe Doctrine, the various interventions in Latin America, our occupation of the Philippines, Korea, Vietnam... We have been trying to remake the world in our own image for a long time. The only thing Bush was guilty of was still trying to do it after it wasn't fashionable any more, with people the effort was kind of wasted on.

Yes, I did, and given you can't come up with a counter argument, you know I did.

Guy, an argument you don't like is still valid...

Romney is the best candidate, and JoeB is one of the better supporters of Mitt, because he makes Mitt look good once one reads JoeB, giggles, and moves on.

You don't have to be religious to think that abortion is wrong dude. You're just a hater.

I'm gonna kind of stick up for Jake, I don't think he's a hater. I think he doesn't feel comfortable the religious right has influence, but the plutocrats could never sell their message on their own.

I'm gonna kind of stick up for Jake, I don't think he's a hater. I think he doesn't feel comfortable the religious right has influence, but the plutocrats could never sell their message on their own.
I have never felt good about the theohaters' influence in the party, and I am very distrustful of the plutocrats. These two groups, joing the neo-cons, turn Bush the Younger's administration into a nightmare.

Is Romney "so incredibly weird" because he never ever got high on illegal drugs, like BaCrack Obama?

I have never felt good about the theohaters' influence in the party, and I am very distrustful of the plutocrats. These two groups, joing the neo-cons, turn Bush the Younger's administration into a nightmare.

But Ironically, you'll support a guy who really has sucked up to all three groups on the theory that he's lying to them, and not to you...

Sucked up? You can't show it. Being wealthy does not make him a plutocrat. Romney is going to regulate banking much more strictly. He will agree to a tax increase on the wealthy. And he is a Mormon, which means he instinctively, and rightfully so, distrust the religious right. He's not part of that, not even a little bit.

He cross governed in Massachusetts, and once elected, he will do the same thing again as president. A la Clinton he will move to the center and force the dems to work with him in place of the far right. He is going to recreate a strong moderate GOP wing. At last!

romney-believe-quote.jpg

Huh?

Actual Obama quotes in Obama's books.

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself."

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Sucked up? You can't show it. Being wealthy does not make him a plutocrat. Romney is going to regulate banking much more strictly. He will agree to a tax increase on the wealthy. And he is a Mormon, which means he instinctively, and rightfully so, distrust the religious right. He's not part of that, not even a little bit.

He cross governed in Massachusetts, and once elected, he will do the same thing again as president. A la Clinton he will move to the center and force the dems to work with him in place of the far right. He is going to recreate a strong moderate GOP wing. At last!

Are you like posting from some paralell universe? Were you just not paying attention to what Romney has said in the last two campaigns?

The Mormons don't "mistrust" the RR, they are part of it. They are as radical and homophobic as the rest of them... maybe worse.

JoeB, you are the first who would tell us not to believe what he says. So I believe he is going to do well. Ummm .. . not only do you hate Mormonism, you don't understand Mormons in American culture.

Forum List

Back