Why Is The GOP Senate So Afraid To Call Witnesses??

Witnesses were called in the last impeachment trial, why not this one?? Why aren't you demanding that the GOP Senate Leader give Trump what he claims he wants?? Or is this tough talk about witnesses and evidence just shit he tells yall -- even tho both you and he knows all of yall are full of shit...

Ordinarily, when witnesses are called for a trial, the Defense has the right to talk with the witnesses before hand, find out what they are going to say.

Would you have a problem with that?

Nope not as long as their testimony is not blocked or distorted.
Agree, plus the prosecutors should also have the same time to question them before testifying, on witnesses that have not previously testified....

Though I am not certain it works that way in a real trial.... usually the defense does not get to question the prosecutor's witnesses, until the trial, they can cross examine them there, on the stand, same with defense witnesses, prosecutors cross examine them in the trial.

The questioning in an impeachment is supposed to be done by the House...the Senate then takes what's been shown by the House and rules on it. It's akin to a jury deliberation in an actual trial. You don't get to send additional witnesses into a jury room to affect the ruling...they can ask for testimony to be read back to them but the questioning part is over. The jury...which is the Senate in this case...is there to do one thing and one thing alone...rule on the evidence or lack thereof...that's been presented by the House!

This Senate is only there to cover for Trump.
the whole thing by McConnell with this impeachment is a mafioso, the FIX IS IN, SHAM....

AND a complete disgrace, and slap in the face, to our fore fathers of the constitution.

FIRST SHAM, in all history's impeachments done in the USA!

of COURSE! Trump would be in the middle of that history black mark! Shameful!

Ordinarily, when witnesses are called for a trial, the Defense has the right to talk with the witnesses before hand, find out what they are going to say.

Agree, plus the prosecutors should also have the same time to question them before testifying, on witnesses that have not previously testified....

Though I am not certain it works that way in a real trial.... usually the defense does not get to question the prosecutor's witnesses, until the trial, they can cross examine them there, on the stand, same with defense witnesses, prosecutors cross examine them in the trial.

The questioning in an impeachment is supposed to be done by the House...the Senate then takes what's been shown by the House and rules on it. It's akin to a jury deliberation in an actual trial. You don't get to send additional witnesses into a jury room to affect the ruling...they can ask for testimony to be read back to them but the questioning part is over. The jury...which is the Senate in this case...is there to do one thing and one thing alone...rule on the evidence or lack thereof...that's been presented by the House!

the whole thing by McConnell with this impeachment is a mafioso, the FIX IS IN, SHAM....

AND a complete disgrace, and slap in the face, to our fore fathers of the constitution.

McConnell isn't the one who came up with an idea of a Fake Impeachment and secret hearings in the capitol subbasement.

Democrats Are Daring Mitch McConnell to Call Impeachment Witnesses

Less than a couple of months ago -- Trump's BFF at Fox & Friends said this....

"If the president said, I'll give you the money, but you've got to investigate Joe Biden, that'd be off the rails wrong" --- and thru the UNDER OATH TESTIMONIES of Trump's own officials, they proved that is exactly what happened....and what did Steve Doocy do?? Pretend that he never said what he said, why?? Because he and most other Trumpers are full of shit.....

View attachment 295699

And in the spirit of being full of shit, Mitch McConnell doesn't want to call any witnesses..even tho Trump wants to have a long drawn out trial with lots of witnesses, even tho Democrats wants to call witnesses who Trump claims will exonerate him -- it is the GOP who is refusing to call any witnesses, why??

"Chuck Schumer on Thursday tore into Mitch McConnell for “breaking precedent” in announcing he will be in lock step with Donald Trump’s legal team throughout an impeachment trial, accusing him of helping the president skirt accountability. “We ask: Is the president’s case so weak that none of the president’s men can defend him under oath?” Schumer said on the Senate floor, after McConnell dismissed the historic vote to impeach Trump as a “partisan crusade.” “If the House case is so weak, why is Leader McConnell so afraid of witnesses and documents?”

For months, all I have seen from you trumpers was "just wait until it gets to the Senate, then Trump can present his case" …"just wait until Trump presents his secret evidence that will totally own the Dems" --

Witnesses were called in the last impeachment trial, why not this one?? Why aren't you demanding that the GOP Senate Leader give Trump what he claims he wants?? Or is this tough talk about witnesses and evidence just shit he tells yall -- even tho both you and he knows all of yall are full of shit...

Why are new witnesses needed? They allegedly already made their case and impeached the presidant so they already made there case. If you retards are so confidant then no new witnesses need be called. No matter what Hakim Jefferies says. You morons team blue looks dumb. Own that shit.

QUOTE="Oldstyle, post: 23864560, member: 31215"]

"If the president said, I'll give you the money, but you've got to investigate Joe Biden, that'd be off the rails wrong" --- and thru the UNDER OATH TESTIMONIES of Trump's own officials, they proved that is exactly what happened....and what did Steve Doocy do?? Pretend that he never said what he said, why?? Because he and most other Trumpers are full of shit.....

View attachment 295699

And in the spirit of being full of shit, Mitch McConnell doesn't want to call any witnesses..even tho Trump wants to have a long drawn out trial with lots of witnesses, even tho Democrats wants to call witnesses who Trump claims will exonerate him -- it is the GOP who is refusing to call any witnesses, why??

"Chuck Schumer on Thursday tore into Mitch McConnell for “breaking precedent” in announcing he will be in lock step with Donald Trump’s legal team throughout an impeachment trial, accusing him of helping the president skirt accountability. “We ask: Is the president’s case so weak that none of the president’s men can defend him under oath?” Schumer said on the Senate floor, after McConnell dismissed the historic vote to impeach Trump as a “partisan crusade.” “If the House case is so weak, why is Leader McConnell so afraid of witnesses and documents?”

For months, all I have seen from you trumpers was "just wait until it gets to the Senate, then Trump can present his case" …"just wait until Trump presents his secret evidence that will totally own the Dems" --

Let Trump call Joe and Hunter Biden. I am all for it.

Yep right along with Mulvaney, Bolton, Pompeo and Guiliani.

If you want to call members of the President's Staff...then you should have waited for the Courts to rule on Executive Privilege, Super! That's not settled. Instead of waiting...Pelosi, Nadler and Schiff rammed through impeachment based on second and third hand accounts. If this were a case being heard by a judge in a criminal court it would tossed with a stern admonition from said judge not to waste the court's time if you didn't have real evidence of a crime!

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The SC has already ruled on it, in the Nixon impeachment inquiry..... precedent is set.... the President has to turn over relevant evidence and witnesses to the impeachment,

There is no executive privilege on related to the impeachment material...as Nixon argued there was exec privilege,

Nixon had to turn over the tapes of his private conversations recorded, with his admin and cabinet.[/QUOTE]
Nixon committed an actual crime. What crime has Trump committed?

If we play by the party of INFANTICIDES rules, We get to call this jerk and his son for FULL INTERROGATION!

Ajqs6CP.jpg
Have your own impeachment t trial to do it.... Joe can still be impeached I think, and voted to not allow him to ever serve again... can't run for president....

Or get the DOJ to investigate and charge him with a crime..... surely Trump can have Barr make up something...:rolleyes:

Why make up the truth that is right before your eyes. For the life of me I don't understand what is taking so long with the Biden investigation, unless it is like Mueller ...take almost 3 years and over $35 million in salaries to prove nothing, OR as I suspect all this crap will hit the fan AFTER the party of INFANTICIDE finally KNOWS which clown will be their nominee and drop indictments on them just a week prior to the DNC convention to really screw up the CommieRAT party....guess we will have to wait to find out!
its ILLEGAL to use a government office for political purposes, and holding off, to do what you said closer to an election, BREAKS THE LAW

ya lawless Trump minion!

So let me see if I've got this straight, Care...

The Democrats hold hearings in the House where Republicans aren't allowed to call witnesses...where Democrats totally fail to provide any proof whatsoever that a crime was committed by Trump and their own witnesses are savaged by the GOP under questioning...yet when Democratic leadership decides to go ahead with impeachment purely for political reasons...it's "SHAM" because the GOP led Senate refuses to call MORE witnesses?

The House hearings were the complete disgrace...what's about to happen in the Senate is a return to sanity! You want to impeach a sitting President? Find some high crimes and misdemeanors! What you have now borders on farce!

Yet somehow Barack Obama claimed Executive Privilege during the Fast & Furious investigation and Eric Holder refused a subpoena issued by Congress? Which "precedent" is it that you're going with, Care?
You mean when Eric Holder testified before Congress for hours at a non-impeachment trial??
holder-issa-02_wide-f18b4f77eb2dc5f4eaa3154322c369c31a928b68-s800-c85.jpg

When did Mulvaney, Pompeo or Bolton testify before Congress regarding information related to articles of impeachment??

By the way, when Holder was charged with contempt of Congress, what did he do?? Well, after turning over 7600 documents, republicans demanded even more and Holder refused...….just imagine how triggered you would be if Obama prevented Holder from testifying or handing over any documents....

Last edited:
If we play by the party of INFANTICIDES rules, We get to call this jerk and his son for FULL INTERROGATION!

Ajqs6CP.jpg
Have your own impeachment t trial to do it.... Joe can still be impeached I think, and voted to not allow him to ever serve again... can't run for president....

Or get the DOJ to investigate and charge him with a crime..... surely Trump can have Barr make up something...:rolleyes:

Why make up the truth that is right before your eyes. For the life of me I don't understand what is taking so long with the Biden investigation, unless it is like Mueller ...take almost 3 years and over $35 million in salaries to prove nothing, OR as I suspect all this crap will hit the fan AFTER the party of INFANTICIDE finally KNOWS which clown will be their nominee and drop indictments on them just a week prior to the DNC convention to really screw up the CommieRAT party....guess we will have to wait to find out!
its ILLEGAL to use a government office for political purposes, and holding off, to do what you said closer to an election, BREAKS THE LAW

ya lawless Trump minion!

You mean like Democrats used the IRS for political purposes? Or were you referring to how they used the FBI and our FISA court for political purposes?

Ajqs6CP.jpg

the DOJ is not even investigating them Purge... that MEANS there is not even a probable cause to investigate.... Giuliani and the two thugs and other Russian Ukrainian criminals are doing the investigation... :rolleyes:

you all have been played like a violin....

he knows his supporters well....

View attachment 295699

If you want to call members of the President's Staff...then you should have waited for the Courts to rule on Executive Privilege, Super! That's not settled. Instead of waiting...Pelosi, Nadler and Schiff rammed through impeachment based on second and third hand accounts. If this were a case being heard by a judge in a criminal court it would tossed with a stern admonition from said judge not to waste the court's time if you didn't have real evidence of a crime!

If this were a case being heard in a Court of Law Mulvaney, Pompeo, Bolton and Guiliani would be in court. Not being hid by Trump to keep his corruption from being discovered.

wait until the House Dems say they're not going to hand over the articles. I will be laughing my ass off. And you heard it from me since day one. The Dems are the devil's band. they congregate to be evil. Anyone? Tell me what's in it for them? they know that trump will win in this, and they will not give him that. Also, they can't have creepy sleepy Joe under fire for illegal activity while VP. It's hilarious that anyone thinks that will happen. It goes against who they are.

Ajqs6CP.jpg

the DOJ is not even investigating them Purge... that MEANS there is not even a probable cause to investigate.... Giuliani and the two thugs and other Russian Ukrainian criminals are doing the investigation... :rolleyes:

you all have been played like a violin....

he knows his supporters well....
or, they are being investigated and won't you look the fool?

Ajqs6CP.jpg

ya lawless Trump minion!

You mean like Democrats used the IRS for political purposes? Or were you referring to how they used the FBI and our FISA court for political purposes?
there was no one involved in the so called conspiracy, but Lois Lerner, herself, making the decision on how to reduce the potential audits, down to a manageable amount... she made a mistake.... was wrong..

the administration, nor the president, nor the vice president or anyone, had anything to do, with what Lois Lerner did....

AND you've got several million in republican investigation costs, to PROVE IT!

It isn't their job? Why do they need to call witnesses? That's a House responsibility per the constitution. Why didn't the House call all the witnesses when they had their investigation? Hmmmmmm?

They did, the ones whom they needed didn't comply or were told not to. Now what?

It's not that they "needed" testimony from Trump's Staff...it's that the testimony they got from the rest of their so called witnesses was SO bad that they're pretending people like Bolton is going to give them something they couldn't find on their own!

If you ever DO get Bolton or the others to testify, my guess is that they don't give you what you want. What then?
I think Bolton may not help, but the other witnesses like Mulveyny, the OMB asst director and other firsthand witnesses will help clarify... And get to the facts.... which may help Trump, who knows?

I don't think ANY of those witnesses are going to help Democrats impeach a Republican President, Care! You've been sold a pig in a poke. Democrats like Adan Schiff and Jerry Nadler failed miserably trying to prove Trump did anything wrong with the Ukrainian situation with Joe and Hunter Biden and so they've gone to "Plan B" which is to claim that the "proof" exists but is being hidden from you! It's a political theatre and Democratic leadership thinks you're naïve enough to buy it!
BTW, the reason they didn't want to go to the courts is because they didn't have a crime to justify a testimony. They knew it.

Did that make sense to you when you typed it?

View attachment 295699

If this were a case being heard in a Court of Law Mulvaney, Pompeo, Bolton and Guiliani would be in court. Not being hid by Trump to keep his corruption from being discovered.
they could have been when the House was doing the investigation. they declined their testimony by not waiting for the courts to hear their reasons for why they needed to testify. So, you are WRONG!!!!

View attachment 295699

If this were a criminal case it would be thrown out of court

QUOTE="Oldstyle, post: 23864560, member: 31215"]

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The SC has already ruled on it, in the Nixon impeachment inquiry..... precedent is set.... the President has to turn over relevant evidence and witnesses to the impeachment,

There is no executive privilege on related to the impeachment material...as Nixon argued there was exec privilege,

Nixon had to turn over the tapes of his private conversations recorded, with his admin and cabinet.

Yet somehow Barack Obama claimed Executive Privilege during the Fast & Furious investigation and Eric Holder refused a subpoena issued by Congress? Which "precedent" is it that you're going with, Care?
You mean when Eric Holder testified before Congress for hours at a non-impeachment trial??
View attachment 300247

When did Mulvaney, Pompeo or Bolton testify before Congress regarding information related to articles of impeachment??

By the way, when Holder was charged with contempt of Congress, what did he do?? Well, after turning over 7600 documents, republicans demanded even more and Holder refused...….just imagine how triggered you would be if Obama prevented Holder from testifying or handing over any documents??[/QUOTE]

Please...have you ever heard of a document dump? It's when defendants provide thousands of documents to "prove" that they are cooperating with an investigation while they withhold documents that are harmful to them. Hillary Clinton provided lots of documents to the Benghazi investigators too but that doesn't mean she REALLY cooperated with the investigation! At the same time as she was promising to turn over everything related to Benghazi she was having tens of thousands of emails scrubbed from her secret servers to keep Congressional investigators from seeing them! What Holder did with Fast & Furious is no different...he provided 7,600 documents that didn't hurt the Obama Administration but when he was pressed for more he claimed Executive Privilege.

They did, the ones whom they needed didn't comply or were told not to. Now what?

It's not that they "needed" testimony from Trump's Staff...it's that the testimony they got from the rest of their so called witnesses was SO bad that they're pretending people like Bolton is going to give them something they couldn't find on their own!

If you ever DO get Bolton or the others to testify, my guess is that they don't give you what you want. What then?
I think Bolton may not help, but the other witnesses like Mulveyny, the OMB asst director and other firsthand witnesses will help clarify... And get to the facts.... which may help Trump, who knows?

I don't think ANY of those witnesses are going to help Democrats impeach a Republican President, Care! You've been sold a pig in a poke. Democrats like Adan Schiff and Jerry Nadler failed miserably trying to prove Trump did anything wrong with the Ukrainian situation with Joe and Hunter Biden and so they've gone to "Plan B" which is to claim that the "proof" exists but is being hidden from you! It's a political theatre and Democratic leadership thinks you're naïve enough to buy it!
BTW, the reason they didn't want to go to the courts is because they didn't have a crime to justify a testimony. They knew it.

Did that make sense to you when you typed it?
sure. Those folks were subpoena'd by the dems, they refused, the Dems therefore had to to go to court to justify their subpoenas, they knew they wouldn't win. so they declined going forward. Did you get that?

In the case of Nixon...there was an actual crime...followed by an actual cover up of the crime! The Supreme Court ruled that Nixon couldn't hold back any material related to those criminal acts! That is totally different from what is taking place now, Care! You liberals want to subpoena Trump Administration Staff members in the hopes of finding a crime to impeach Trump on when you haven't produced any evidence whatsoever that a crime has taken place!

Take off the blinders Trump Humper, you don't want to see what has been done.

Please...have you ever heard of a document dump? It's when defendants provide thousands of documents to "prove" that they are cooperating with an investigation while they withhold documents that are harmful to them. Hillary Clinton provided lots of documents to the Benghazi investigators too but that doesn't mean she REALLY cooperated with the investigation! At the same time as she was promising to turn over everything related to Benghazi she was having tens of thousands of emails scrubbed from her secret servers to keep Congressional investigators from seeing them! What Holder did with Fast & Furious is no different...he provided 7,600 documents that didn't hurt the Obama Administration but when he was pressed for more he claimed Executive Privilege.
Remember the part about Obama not being impeached and Obama not preventing his cabinet from testifying??

And isn't Trump far more superior and honest than the Obama admin?? Why do you defend everything he does by saying "but but but Obama did it" -- and still getting that part wrong

Forum List

Back