🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why is This??

Why is it "prudent"? Can't you put out your own fires and defend your own shack?
look up the word if you don't know what it means.

I know what it means. Answer the question.

It must take a lot of effort to be so deliberately obtuse.

I live in a semi rural area my water is supplied by a private well. In case of fire I do not have sufficient water or pressure to effectively fight a fire and since my pump requires electricity to run and fires have an annoying tendency to interrupt electrical connections and since most people in my town have similar limitations it is prudent to have a properly equipped fire department. Aside from those rather obvious reasons I am not always home.

Really, did you need a detailed explanation of that rather simple concept?

Now what does any of that do with the topic of requiring an employer to pay 12 weeks salary to someone because they chose to have a child?

As far as I know, American companies do have maternity leave. Everywhere I've worked had maternity leave. I suppose it isn't provided by the federal government and you need to work for a company that provides it. Is that the problem? You want the federal government to provide it?

No, that’s not the problem.

No one is asking for the Federal government to provide anything.

The issue is a sick and perverted corporate culture hostile to working Americans, where not all employers offer paid maternity leave, or penalize the employee for taking the leave.

It’s about employers refusing to value their employees, where the employee is perceived as just another troublesome cost of doing business, adversely effecting profits, and a cost the employer would gladly eliminate if possible.

Why should anyone be paid for choosing to have a child?

If you want to have a kid go ahead save up vacation time and save some extra money to cover your expenses while not working.

Most if not all employers will hold your position so you will be able to return to work.

look up the word if you don't know what it means.

I live in a semi rural area my water is supplied by a private well. In case of fire I do not have sufficient water or pressure to effectively fight a fire and since my pump requires electricity to run and fires have an annoying tendency to interrupt electrical connections and since most people in my town have similar limitations it is prudent to have a properly equipped fire department. Aside from those rather obvious reasons I am not always home.

So, you are willing to contribute to something that benefits you as a member of society? Got it.

Got it?

Now what does any of that do with the topic of requiring an employer to pay 12 weeks salary to someone because they chose to have a child?

Where did I advocate such a requirement? Could you stop being crazy long enough to read the answer I gave to your question several times now?

So, you are willing to contribute to something that benefits you as a member of society? Got it.

Got it?
I do it for purely selfish reasons

Just as you do what you do I including having kids for purely selfish reasons

Got it?

I'm sure you try to tell yourself that, which is one reason why you don't deserve to be a US citizen, or a member of the human race for that matter. Nonetheless, you recognize that you thus participate in society because you know you have to, head case.

Where did I advocate such a requirement? Could you stop being crazy long enough to read the answer I gave to your question several times now?

Where did I say you advocate it?

You seem to have difficulty realizing that asking you if you agree with the topic and then asking what my relationship with my local volunteer fire dept has to do with the topic are indeed two separate questions.

H3O4kRz.jpg

Now you tell me why everyone else finds families important enough to make sure they can eat while caring for a newborn and why America is so kick ass that women don't need Maternity leave?
Oh, look. A map of the worlds only superpower.

Any questions?

End of another dumbass ClosedCaption thread.

Got it?

I'm sure you try to tell yourself that, which is one reason why you don't deserve to be a US citizen, or a member of the human race for that matter. Nonetheless, you recognize that you thus participate in society because you know you have to, head case.

I'm sure you try to tell yourself that your primary reason for doing anything is altruistic.

A person does what he does for his own reasons and all those reasons boil down to what benefits that person.
It's always been that way and it always will.

As I said you had a child for purely selfish reasons. You did not have the benefit to "society" as your primary secondary or even tertiary reason for procreating.

I'm sure you try to tell yourself that your primary reason for doing anything is altruistic.

Ah, there we go. Now the qualifiers come out. Now we're at "primary reasons." If I could stomach communicating with a twisted little head case like you any further we could draw out plenty more qualifiers until you were left with something resembling a reasonable statement. But that would rob you of your chance to play "I don't needs no ones!" drama queen bit, wouldn't it?

you have a nice ping-pong here, Skull Pilot and Unkotare, but just a reminder - having children is always for selfish reasons. Both on a microlevel ( a family) and a macrolevel ( society).

Therefore a paid maternity leave is beneficial to both the families and societies.

Too bad it is not understood from either side - because conservatives, who are, supposedly, for the family protection are against it and stupid feminists, who are, supposedly, for the female rights, are against it as well.

Only in America :rolleyes:

As far as I know, American companies do have maternity leave. Everywhere I've worked had maternity leave. I suppose it isn't provided by the federal government and you need to work for a company that provides it. Is that the problem? You want the federal government to provide it?

The issue is a sick and perverted corporate culture hostile to working Americans, where not all employers offer paid maternity leave, or penalize the employee for taking the leave.

It’s about employers refusing to value their employees, where the employee is perceived as just another troublesome cost of doing business, adversely effecting profits, and a cost the employer would gladly eliminate if possible.

If you want to have a kid go ahead save up vacation time and save some extra money to cover your expenses while not working.

Most if not all employers will hold your position so you will be able to return to work.

They shouldn’t.

They should be compensated because they’re a valued member of the company.

They should be compensated because it’s an acknowledgment of the employee’s worth as an individual.

They should be compensated because it’s a tenet of an enlightened, civilized society.

Consequently, conservative opposition to such compensation comes as no surprise.

As I said you had a child for purely selfish reasons.

And here we come back to what you - admittedly - do not know whereof you speak.

Why did you have a child?

Because you wanted to
Because your wife wanted to
because your parents wanted a grandchild
or because you wanted to enrich "society" and the human race with the gift of your loins?

Get over yourself already.

Ah, there we go. Now the qualifiers come out. Now we're at "primary reasons." If I could stomach communicating with a twisted little head case like you any further we could draw out plenty more qualifiers until you were left with something resembling a reasonable statement. But that would rob you of your chance to play "I don't needs no ones!" drama queen bit, wouldn't it?

So drop the word primary and then address the statement or are you so literal that you can't do that?

Here how's this

I suppose you think your reason for doing anything is altruistic.

Can you comprehend that at all?

They shouldn’t.

They should be compensated because they’re a valued member of the company.

They get compensated when they actually do something for the company. That's the very definition of work. People don't get compensated for not working.

They should be compensated because it’s an acknowledgment of the employee’s worth as an individual.

So why don't you just take a walk and hand out money to everyone you see to acknowledge their worth as individuals?
They should be compensated because it’s a tenet of an enlightened, civilized society.

So civilized and enlightened societies pay people for having kids?

Consequently, conservative opposition to such compensation comes as no surprise.

Yes we all know that you need your labels to understand the world because you can't seem to think outside of your two dimensional paradigm.

As I said you had a child for purely selfish reasons.

Because you wanted to
or because you wanted to enrich "society" and the human race with the gift of your loins?

Grind your teeth down to the nub, Francis. The fact remains that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Embarrassed at getting forced into recognizing the weakness of your position? I don't blame you. Do you think that nothing but selfishness exists in the world just because you personally happen to be a self-centered, people-hating douchebag?

You seem a lot like a dog nobody wants because it was not properly socialized as a puppy. Unfortunately...

Because you wanted to

Grind your teeth down to the nub, Francis. The fact remains that you have no idea what you are talking about.

And yet you won't answer the simple question: "Why did you have a child?"

You know I think I'm giving you too much credit. The reasons I posited in my previous post assumed you actually thought about having a child.

But since you are unable to answer the question regarding your reasons for having a child I must assume that you like most people never really thought about it. You were indoctrinated into the grow up get married raise a family meme and you didn't give it one iota of thought.

What a good little sheep.

Embarrassed at getting forced into recognizing the weakness of your position? I don't blame you. Do you think that nothing but selfishness exists in the world just because you personally happen to be a self-centered, people-hating douchebag?

You seem a lot like a dog nobody wants because it was not properly socialized as a puppy. Unfortunately...

The weakness is yours being so literal and fixating on simple adjectives.

The word primary in no way invalidates my statement to anyone but you who are always looking for an excuse to dodge the issue and sling insults.

That is a sign of weakness.

Forum List

Back