Why is Trump woosing out on the trade war?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Yeah, he wants to appeal to soccer moms in 2020 but without securing IP why should anyone vote for him? Go whole hog or go home. There is no certainty that he can win the senate or the house. he needs to get China's attention focused on economic growth and the survival of the CCP. Go to 75% on all tariffs and get XI's attention on the possibility of a warring states period.

Well Democrats keep telling China not to negotiate, to hold out until they can replace Trump. Then they can go back to screwing American workers over.

Yeah, he wants to appeal to soccer moms in 2020 but without securing IP why should anyone vote for him? Go whole hog or go home. There is no certainty that he can win the senate or the house. he needs to get China's attention focused on economic growth and the survival of the CCP. Go to 75% on all tariffs and get XI's attention on the possibility of a warring states period.
Trump is a certified liar and any republican believing him should be put away
By Jane C. Timm

President Donald Trump told an Ohio audience Thursday that China is footing the bill for the massive tariffs he's slapped on foreign goods coming into the United States.

“Don’t let them tell you, the fact is — China devalues their currency, they pour money into their system. Because of that, you’re not paying for those tariffs. China’s paying for those tariffs,” the president said, hours after announcing the new set of tariffs on Chinese goods. “Until such time as there is a deal, we will be taxing the hell out of China.”

But economists say that's not how tariffs work, and that Americans are the ones footing the bill so far.
The fac
Trump has long championed his methods — last year he dubbed himself "Tariff Man" — as righting wrongs inflicted on the U.S. by other countries. But most economists agree a trade war hurts the economy and consumers alike.

Tariffs are taxes on goods coming in to the U.S., paid by the importer. The exporter — in this scenario, China — doesn't pay a thing.

"All of the U.S. tariffs have been passed to U.S. importers, U.S. retailers, U.S. consumers,” said Stephen Redding, a Princeton University economist and author of a recent study analyzing the effects of Trump’s trade war in 2018. “Somebody in the U.S. is paying higher prices.”

Fact check: Is America actually getting rich off Trump's tariffs?
MAY 14, 201901:03
Trump's suggestion Thursday that China’s currency devaluations are paying for tariffs doesn't hold water either, Redding said.

"Although there has been a small devaluation of the Chinese currency, that’s just too small to make any difference," he said.

Tariffs are designed to make foreign-made goods more expensive, boosting domestic producers or, sometimes, forcing international exporters to slash prices to stay competitive. But there's no evidence China is cutting prices to accommodate Trump’s tariffs.

If he truly wishes to do something about the economy he will unilaterally tear down trade restrictions and end the embargoes, blockades, and sanctions.

Any republican shopper at Wally World think they won't pass higher prices on to you?

Well Democrats keep telling China not to negotiate, to hold out until they can replace Trump. Then they can go back to screwing American workers over.
Our choice is China screwing us or Trump ?? Seems like a lose lose situation Guess you believe China is paying for those tariffs too LOL LOL

Do you realize how many American businesses would be effected by a 75% tariff, not to mention consumers?! Personally one of my businesses would literally need to close its doors. Did you think this through before posting?

I think it's China that is more of a threat than Mexico. Trump imposed tarriffs on Mexico, because Mexico wasn't doing anything about the crisis. Mexico is doing something about it now. Or was.
But China is the one we need to focus on more. IMO

americans-for-limited-government-youre-gonna-start-a-trade-war-31370306.png

Do you realize how many American businesses would be effected by a 75% tariff, not to mention consumers?! Personally one of my businesses would literally need to close its doors. Did you think this through before posting?

Yeah, I would prefer not seeing the US become a client state of China, obviously that prospect doesn't bother you.

Trump is so FOS when saying China will pay for tariffs Think Wal Mart etc etc won't pass higher prices on to customers?

Yeah, I would prefer not seeing the US become a client state of China, obviously that prospect doesn't bother you.
Of course it concerns me. I just don’t think “75% tariffs” is even close to a good idea

Trump is so FOS when saying China will pay for tariffs Think Wal Mart etc etc won't pass higher prices on to customers?
China pays for tariffs just like Mexico is paying for the wall... and by “China” and “Mexico” he means US citizens

securing IP

IP = Intellectual Property, is that the acronym? You need a tough skull to secure that, or else a helmet, straitjacket and a rubber room.

It's a fucking mental health district, no matter what, if you think you own anything inside your own skull but a mess of soft fatty tissue.

economic growth and the survival of the CCP.

CCP = Chinese Communist Party? Oh, yeah, another stupid acronym. How did that come to be so important to the haircut-suit-and-tie markets in the USA?

China pays for tariffs just like Mexico is paying for the wall... and by “China” and “Mexico” he means US citizens

I believe it will be an ongoing fight with China, as it has been for many years. But I am sure that China will finally take the tariffs seriously. It may not be this year. But in by 2024. IMO

I believe it will be an ongoing fight with China, as it has been for many years. But I am sure that China will finally take the tariffs seriously. It may not be this year. But in by 2024. IMO
Trump has always gotten his way by strong arm tactics and bleeding people out financially with lawsuits. That stuff may work in the business world but in politics it’s different. There needs to be diplomacy. China can wait Trump out and know that our people are suffering more than them with these tariffs. I’m fine using tariffs for a short time to gain leverage but This 75% ideas is idiotic

Our choice is China screwing us or Trump ?? Seems like a lose lose situation Guess you believe China is paying for those tariffs too LOL LOL

Well China has became our number three trade partner behind Mexico and Canada.

America should do more trading with countries within our hemisphere of the world and less with hostile nations like China...

Will the consumer absorb the cost of this trade war with China?

Yes, but I believe making Mexico a stronger trade partner is more beneficial for the U.S.in the long run...

China can endure far more pain that we can imo Their short term is 100 years

He's woosing out on the trade war AND North Korea. Kim Jong Un blasted off more missiles last week and the BIG WOOS just shrugs his shoulders. So much for "fire and fury", huh? Xi and KJU love their useful idiot, Donald Trump.

He's woosing out on the trade war AND North Korea. Kim Jong Un blasted off more missiles last week and the BIG WOOS just shrugs his shoulders. So much for "fire and fury", huh? Xi and KJU love their useful idiot, Donald Trump.
You left out Mr Putin Trumps good pal Even volunteered to help with Russia's forest fires Did they help with ours ?

You left out Mr Putin Trumps good pal Even volunteered to help with Russia's forest fires Did they help with ours ?

LOL! That's right. Trump offered Putin help with their forest fire. But when the fires were burning on federal parks and land in California, he said the Californians needed to rake their forests floors more often, like the Finns.

And to that, the Finns responded: The people of Finland are trolling Trump by raking the woods

Forum List

Back