Why isn't Mick Jagger having his heart surgery in the U.K. with the National Health Service?

In the UK the respirator masks/anesthesiologists cant contain his lips. Due to the negroid population ( dual citizen/African American) they have the gear here.

Ever consider the possibility that is where the best doctor is for his surgery? There are lots of Americans who travel to foreign countries for health care.
Not possible. Ewe libtards repeatedly say the US has the worst healthcare!

Yes so with the advent of widespread government medical, medical costs skyrocketed.
And so yes, they continued to rise under Obamacare.

Thank you for agreeing.
I'm not sure which country you're talking about, but in the US health care costs rise UNLESS the gov't gets involved. See how the cost of insulin has risen in the US in the past decade. Then compare the costs of drugs in places like Europe where the gov't is heavily involved and you'll see our costs are higher.
That is a complete and total fabrication.
Health care costs here started rising the MINUTE insurance started to be a *thing*.
It costs more and more the more government involvement.

so yeah, you're a liar.
Don't just call me a liar, show me I'm a liar. If you can that is.

That's really not true. Costs for traditionally non-covered medical services like Lasik surgery, abortions, boob jobs and sex changes have been kept under control and have even gone down. The basic law of economics is that if there is more money chasing goods or services, the price will rise.

Its a similar thing in education. The price of tuition has risen through the roof as funding for loans has gone up.
None of the services you listed are essential so it is a free market. If the price is too high for that boob job, you just shop around or don't do it. If you need insulin and it is only manufactured by a few companies you don't get to shop around. If you go to an emergency room you don't shop around.

Education is different so you may be right about that.

It's not *free market* if it has been invaded and controlled by the government.

Lying again.
Which part of a boob job has been invaded and controlled by the government?

the part that requires boob doctors to pay for malpractice insurance.
Which law requires doctors to pay for malpractice insurance?

That's really not true. Costs for traditionally non-covered medical services like Lasik surgery, abortions, boob jobs and sex changes have been kept under control and have even gone down. The basic law of economics is that if there is more money chasing goods or services, the price will rise.

Its a similar thing in education. The price of tuition has risen through the roof as funding for loans has gone up.
None of the services you listed are essential so it is a free market. If the price is too high for that boob job, you just shop around or don't do it. If you need insulin and it is only manufactured by a few companies you don't get to shop around. If you go to an emergency room you don't shop around.

Lying again.

State law requires it

HEALTH CARE SERVICES MALPRACTICE ACT

§ 25.281. Malpractice insurance requirements.
An applicant for original licensure or a licensee applying for biennial renewal shall maintain the required amount of professional liability insurance or an approved self-insurance plan and shall have paid the required fees and surcharges as set forth in the Health Care Services Malpractice Act (40 P. S. § § 1301.101—1301.1006), and regulations thereunder. A licensee practicing solely as a Federal employe and a licensee who provides no medical services in this Commonwealth are not required to comply with the insurance requirements of the Health Care Services Malpractice Act. Proof of nonpractice shall be furnished by notarized statement.

Authority

The provisions of this § 25.281 issued under section 16 of the Osteopathic Medical Practice Act (63 P. S. § 271.16); and section 902(b) of the Health Care Services Malpractice Act (40 P. S. § 1301.902(b)).

Source

The provisions of this § 25.281 adopted January 10, 1992, effective January 11, 1992, 22 Pa.B. 209.

No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.

This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.

Lying again.

State law requires it

HEALTH CARE SERVICES MALPRACTICE ACT

§ 25.281. Malpractice insurance requirements.
An applicant for original licensure or a licensee applying for biennial renewal shall maintain the required amount of professional liability insurance or an approved self-insurance plan and shall have paid the required fees and surcharges as set forth in the Health Care Services Malpractice Act (40 P. S. § § 1301.101—1301.1006), and regulations thereunder. A licensee practicing solely as a Federal employe and a licensee who provides no medical services in this Commonwealth are not required to comply with the insurance requirements of the Health Care Services Malpractice Act. Proof of nonpractice shall be furnished by notarized statement.

Authority

The provisions of this § 25.281 issued under section 16 of the Osteopathic Medical Practice Act (63 P. S. § 271.16); and section 902(b) of the Health Care Services Malpractice Act (40 P. S. § 1301.902(b)).

Source

The provisions of this § 25.281 adopted January 10, 1992, effective January 11, 1992, 22 Pa.B. 209.

No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.

This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.
Thanks for the info. The way I read it, the State requires insurance but does not provide it. That is the proper role of government, it should set standards and rules and then enforce them.

The more interesting question I have is why this law was enacted? I believe like most laws, it was in reaction to an existing problem. Maybe patients were harmed by malpractice and the doctors were unable to cover the damages. I think we forget this in our clamor for fewer regulations and smaller gov't and are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Mick...from the Rolling Stones is having heart surgery.....in New York.....why? Why doesn't he fly back to the U.K....to get on the waiting list, to get on the next list, to schedule the Heart surgery through the British National Health Service.....? Oh yeah....he is in his 70s, so likely he wouldn't qualify for that surgery under the British National Health Service guidelines......right?

Mick Jagger Preparing for Heart Valve Surgery
Because, like all people in the UK he has a choice. Unlike people in the US who if they cant afford private healthcare, have no healthcare (if the Republicans have their way)

Actually, Coyote, if the Dems have their way the people of the USA will no longer have a say in their health care.

That's what Medicare for all means.
Except for the wealthy ruling elite of course, they will have the best care that we the people can pay for.
Which is how the Republicans would have it anyway. So what do you do? IMO the ACA was the best middle solution. Why not fix the problems and make it work?

That is simply not true. They are seeking a open market solution to the problems. Face it Coyote, obamacare was MEANT to fail. The author of the whole thing was very candid when he declared they relied on the stupidity of the average American to sucker us into it. Every claim that was made about obamacare was shown to be false. i wasn't able to keep my doctor, my deductible increased over 100%, and my cost went up over 44% for coverage that was worse than what i previously had.

Over 90 MILLION people paid more, for worse coverage, so that 5 million could get coverage. Doesn't that seem stupid to you?

Now, with the medicare for all plan that the Dems want to foist off on us, the government will have absolute control over all of the medical decisions in your life. How did that work out for the veterans with the VA?

And, more to the point, why on Earth would you give people power over you, who suffer no consequences when they fuck up?

If what was happening to vets under the VA were happening in the private sector, people would have been sent to prison.
I disagree it was meant to fail. Everylarge comprehensive program has head its problems that become apparent as it moves along. Fixes and tweaks are inpmenented over the years.

What makes ACA different is the Republicans. Not only did the refuse any fixes they actively worked to destroy it and insure failure.

Mick...from the Rolling Stones is having heart surgery.....in New York.....why? Why doesn't he fly back to the U.K....to get on the waiting list, to get on the next list, to schedule the Heart surgery through the British National Health Service.....? Oh yeah....he is in his 70s, so likely he wouldn't qualify for that surgery under the British National Health Service guidelines......right?

Because, like all people in the UK he has a choice. Unlike people in the US who if they cant afford private healthcare, have no healthcare (if the Republicans have their way)

Actually, Coyote, if the Dems have their way the people of the USA will no longer have a say in their health care.

Except for the wealthy ruling elite of course, they will have the best care that we the people can pay for.
Which is how the Republicans would have it anyway. So what do you do? IMO the ACA was the best middle solution. Why not fix the problems and make it work?

That is simply not true. They are seeking a open market solution to the problems. Face it Coyote, obamacare was MEANT to fail. The author of the whole thing was very candid when he declared they relied on the stupidity of the average American to sucker us into it. Every claim that was made about obamacare was shown to be false. i wasn't able to keep my doctor, my deductible increased over 100%, and my cost went up over 44% for coverage that was worse than what i previously had.

Over 90 MILLION people paid more, for worse coverage, so that 5 million could get coverage. Doesn't that seem stupid to you?

Now, with the medicare for all plan that the Dems want to foist off on us, the government will have absolute control over all of the medical decisions in your life. How did that work out for the veterans with the VA?

And, more to the point, why on Earth would you give people power over you, who suffer no consequences when they fuck up?

If what was happening to vets under the VA were happening in the private sector, people would have been sent to prison.
I disagree it was meant to fail. Everylarge comprehensive program has head its problems that become apparent as it moves along. Fixes and tweaks are inpmenented over the years.

What makes ACA different is the Republicans. Not only did the refuse any fixes they actively worked to destroy it and insure failure.

I think if you look at what has been stated as the ideal outcome for the Democrats (single payer) it is reasonable to assume that the results of the ACA were planned. And, as for your complaints about the Republicans, well they were allowed to "come along, but they had to sit in the back of the bus.".

Obama To GOP: ‘They Can Come For The Ride, But They Have To Sit In Back’

In obamadoesntcare's case, the weaknesses and failures were predicted early on.

Last edited:

Lol
Obamacare forced people into it that wanted nothing to do with it you fucking moron

seems steven hawking said he was happy with the healthcare he got...

& although no system is perfect, the brits wouldn't switch their system for ours.

Sick Around the World (United Kingdom)

Hawking had the best care that money could buy because he was a celebrated scientist. Care to guess what the average wait time is for UK ambulance service?

Here's a hint...it ain't good..

Patient waited 62 hours for ambulance
A patient waited 62 hours for an ambulance, while four trusts took more than 24 hours to respond to 999 calls, new figures have shown.

The longest delays in the UK were recorded by Welsh Ambulance Service, which kept four patients waiting for more than 50 hours.

A spokesman said the figures were "not typical" and "represent the extreme end of the waiting time spectrum".

The Patients Association said they were "extremely concerning".

& although no system is perfect, the brits wouldn't switch their system for ours.

Hawking had the best care that money could buy because he was a celebrated scientist. Care to guess what the average wait time is for UK ambulance service?

A patient waited 62 hours for an ambulance, while four trusts took more than 24 hours to respond to 999 calls, new figures have shown.

The longest delays in the UK were recorded by Welsh Ambulance Service, which kept four patients waiting for more than 50 hours.

A spokesman said the figures were "not typical" and "represent the extreme end of the waiting time spectrum".

uh-huh. & yet every person in the documentary that i linked said they wouldn't trade their system for ours no matte what. what does that tell you?

uh-huh. & yet every person in the documentary that i linked said they wouldn't trade their system for ours no matte what. what does that tell you?

It tells me that the documentarians only chose people who would give the answers they wanted. Of course, you probably believe that dictators really do get 100% of the peoples vote too, don't you....

Why would he travel with a heart valve problem?

You mean there are no waiting lists in the US?

If you're on Medicare, or Medicaid, yes, there are waits, and they can be quite long depending on where you live. If you have private insurance, the wait time is only for testing. When I had my heart surgery the problem was figured out, then there was a day of tests, and the next day I was in surgery. Total time elapsed from ER to surgery was under 35 hours.

Forum List

Back