Why isn't Trump suing the reporters exposing Trump Foundation?

R

rdean

You know Trump loves suing people for slander. Remember when he filed a 5 million dollar lawsuit against Bill Maher?

Trump sues Maher for $5 million for orangutan sex joke - CNN.com

Because Maher said -- in jest, as comedians are wont to do -- that he would donate $5 million to a charity if Trump could prove he wasn't the "the spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan."

"I'm not saying it's true," Maher told Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show"

"I hope it's not true, but unless he comes up with proof ... I'm willing to offer $5 million to Donald Trump that he can donate to a charity of his choice -- Hair Club for Men; The Institute for Incorrigible Douche-bag-ery. Whatever charity."

--------------------

Can a public figure be sued? Of course.

To win such a case, the plaintiff must demonstrate that factually incorrect statements were made with actual malice or a reckless disregard for the truth.

Trump Wants To Weaken Libel Laws Amid Feuds With Reporters

-----------------------

FACTUALLY INCORRECT STATEMENTS.

All he would have to do is release his tax returns. The only reason he's not suing is because what is being reported is probably true.

Right away, these right wingers come up with "Clinton Foundation Conspiracies" as if that's the magic get out of jail free card.

The Clinton's tax returns on are line.

The Clinton Foundation financials are on line.
You can get them here from 1998.

Annual Reports, Financials & Tax-Exempt Materials

And Republicans have an unlimited supply of Tax Payer money to investigate the Clintons. And what have they found?

We know Trump was fined by the IRS.
We know he paid the Attorney General of Florida
And now we know many sordid actions involving the Trump Foundation.

Will he sue? He can if he releases his Tax Returns.

I wonder what they will find out next.

Trump is trying to keep everything about Hillary and her health and the Clinton foundation.

I think one of the reasons he's starting to back off of the Clinton foundation and try focusing on terrorism is because 1) it's current in the news, and 2) he knows that if he brings up stuff about her foundation, she'll bring up the things about his, and he knows that his foundation is more corrupt than hers.

Why isn't Rtard suing the doctor who botched his abortion for malpractice?

I think we are all entitled to some punitive damages through a class action suit as well. Not only to we have to deal with this imbecile, but there is a lingering threat to the gene pool. Albeit extremely remote, Rtard could knock up an irresponsible "working" girl.

Why isn't Rtard suing the doctor who botched his abortion for malpractice?

I think we are all entitled to some punitive damages through a class action suit as well. Not only to we have to deal with this imbecile, but there is a lingering threat to the gene pool. Albeit extremely remote, Rtard could knock up an irresponsible "working" girl.

I don't understand what you are saying. I never studied "tard".

If he took him to court he(donald Trump) would have to prove his case. That would expose him even more.
I'm pretty sure you are right there. Imagine who his "character witness" would be. I just can't imagine.

Trump is trying to keep everything about Hillary and her health and the Clinton foundation.

I think one of the reasons he's starting to back off of the Clinton foundation and try focusing on terrorism is because 1) it's current in the news, and 2) he knows that if he brings up stuff about her foundation, she'll bring up the things about his, and he knows that his foundation is more corrupt than hers.

Sorry, Pilgrim. Trumps' foundation doesn't jeopardize national security; therefore cannot hold a candle corruption-wise to the Clinton Global Racketeering Fund. You are, indeed, a loyal Hill-Beast minion, tho'........

Sorry, Pilgrim. Trumps' foundation doesn't jeopardize national security; therefore cannot hold a candle corruption-wise to the Clinton Global Racketeering Fund. You are, indeed, a loyal Hill-Beast minion, tho'........

It's actually Trump himself and his foreign business dealings that makes a lot of people nervous. Many of the security advisors who signed a petition against him worked for Jr.

50 GOP national security experts oppose Trump - CNNPolitics.com

And like I said.................it's his PERSONAL BUSINESS dealings that are of concern.

Report: Donald Trump's companies at least $650 million in debt

Doesn't it concern you that 2 of his biggest debts are owed to China and Goldman Sachs? He's in bed with BOTH China and Wall St. (who he promised to be tough on).

It's actually Trump himself and his foreign business dealings that makes a lot of people nervous. Many of the security advisors who signed a petition against him worked for Jr.

And like I said.................it's his PERSONAL BUSINESS dealings that are of concern.

Doesn't it concern you that 2 of his biggest debts are owed to China and Goldman Sachs? He's in bed with BOTH China and Wall St. (who he promised to be tough on).

I have no response to pure hypotheticals............because they have not yet occurred. Thatz what makes them hypotheticals.

I have no response to pure hypotheticals............because they have not yet occurred. Thatz what makes them hypotheticals.
WTF??????????????

The many hundreds of millions he owes are "hypotheticals"????????????????

Have you been sniffing glue?

What does the right wing have against Hillary Clinton but "hypotheticals"???????????

Hundreds of millions of dollars is "CONCRETE".

What does the right wing have against Hillary Clinton but "hypotheticals"???????????

Comey and the FBI blew it..........admit it! (The 'rule of law' died on 7/5/16.)

You know Trump loves suing people for slander. Remember when he filed a 5 million dollar lawsuit against Bill Maher?

Because Maher said -- in jest, as comedians are wont to do -- that he would donate $5 million to a charity if Trump could prove he wasn't the "the spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan."

"I hope it's not true, but unless he comes up with proof ... I'm willing to offer $5 million to Donald Trump that he can donate to a charity of his choice -- Hair Club for Men; The Institute for Incorrigible Douche-bag-ery. Whatever charity."

--------------------

To win such a case, the plaintiff must demonstrate that factually incorrect statements were made with actual malice or a reckless disregard for the truth.

-----------------------

All he would have to do is release his tax returns. The only reason he's not suing is because what is being reported is probably true.

Right away, these right wingers come up with "Clinton Foundation Conspiracies" as if that's the magic get out of jail free card.

And Republicans have an unlimited supply of Tax Payer money to investigate the Clintons. And what have they found?

Trump's life is in a courtroom. He's currently is involved in 3,500 civil law suits and Trump University is coming up soon and is scheduled on the court docket and I imagine this woman will be the first witness for the plaintiff.

1050x591

I imagine when he gets his ass kicked on election day, he'll probably sue the Republican party.

images

You wanted Trump, now you OWN it and everything that comes with it.
You Wanted Trump, You’ve Got Him | The American Spectator

--------------------

-----------------------

probably because it's all true

Comey and the FBI blew it..........admit it! (The 'rule of law' died on 7/5/16.)

:cuckoo:

Really it's time to open up FBI investigations into Colin Powell's emails. When Democrats take over the house they may just do that, and then you'll be up to your email eyeballs in another scandal.

"The bottom line: Democrats may try to turn the revelations about the email accounts used by Powell and Rice’s staff into a scandal. They may release press statements condemning the former secretaries of state; they may call for scores of unnecessary congressional hearings; they may go to the press and confidently proclaim that crimes were committed by these honorable Republicans. But it would all be lies. Powell and Rice did nothing wrong. This could be considered a scandal only by ignorant or lying partisans.

So there is no Powell or Rice email scandal. And no doubt, that will infuriate the Republicans who are trying so hard to trick people into believing Clinton committed a crime by doing the exact same thing as her predecessors."
The shocking truth: Colin Powell’s emails don’t matter
Rice Aides, Powell Also Got Classified Info on Personal Email Accounts

Last edited:

Really it's time to open up FBI investigations into Colin Powell's emails. When Democrats take over the house they may just do that, and then you'll be up to your email eyeballs in another scandal.

"The bottom line: Democrats may try to turn the revelations about the email accounts used by Powell and Rice’s staff into a scandal. They may release press statements condemning the former secretaries of state; they may call for scores of unnecessary congressional hearings; they may go to the press and confidently proclaim that crimes were committed by these honorable Republicans. But it would all be lies. Powell and Rice did nothing wrong. This could be considered a scandal only by ignorant or lying partisans.

So there is no Powell or Rice email scandal. And no doubt, that will infuriate the Republicans who are trying so hard to trick people into believing Clinton committed a crime by doing the exact same thing as her predecessors."
The shocking truth: Colin Powell’s emails don’t matter

:itsok:

The hysterical part of all of this is that Trump and his ignorant supporters have based their entire campaign about Hillary Clinton being a criminal--while chanting "lock her up." They apparently believe that they still know more than the FBI & House Republicans who put on this 8 investigation Reich wing dog and pony show over Benghazi and at enormous expense to the taxpayers of this country. It really couldn't be better stated than this:

"Herein lies a lesson for Republicans who are perpetually trying to appease the far right: It’s a fool’s errand. They went to the tea party – and now they’re taking Donald Trump to the prom. Likewise, then-House Speaker John Boehner named the Benghazi committee because activists were dissatisfied that seven previous congressional investigations had failed to uncover major scandal material. Now an eighth has produced more of the same – and the agitators are as agitated as ever.
There’s a certain twisted logic to this. The unhinged right starts with the ideologically satisfying answer – President Obama and Hillary Clinton are guilty of horrible Benghazi-related wrongdoing – and then works backwards, looking for “proof” that matches the conclusion. When their ostensible allies fail to tell these activists what they want to hear, they could reevaluate their bogus assumptions, but it’s vastly easier to believe Republicans have let them down."
With Clinton exonerated, conspiracy theorists turn on Trey Gowdy

They then went after the Clinton foundation (found nothing there) and just YESTERDAY we find out that Trump used charitable donations from his foundation to pay off $258,000 in his business legal bills, and pay for 2 portraits, of course of himself LOL. They're going to find much more this. This is just the beginning, and October is not even here yet--LOL
Trump used $258,000 from his charity to settle legal problems

--------------------

-----------------------

probably because it's all true
A nonissue

The hysterical part of all of this is that Trump and his ignorant supporters have based their entire campaign about Hillary Clinton being a criminal--while chanting "lock her up." They apparently believe that they still know more than the FBI & House Republicans who put on this 8 investigation Reich wing dog and pony show over Benghazi and at enormous expense to the taxpayers of this country. It really couldn't be better stated than this:

"Herein lies a lesson for Republicans who are perpetually trying to appease the far right: It’s a fool’s errand. They went to the tea party – and now they’re taking Donald Trump to the prom. Likewise, then-House Speaker John Boehner named the Benghazi committee because activists were dissatisfied that seven previous congressional investigations had failed to uncover major scandal material. Now an eighth has produced more of the same – and the agitators are as agitated as ever.
There’s a certain twisted logic to this. The unhinged right starts with the ideologically satisfying answer – President Obama and Hillary Clinton are guilty of horrible Benghazi-related wrongdoing – and then works backwards, looking for “proof” that matches the conclusion. When their ostensible allies fail to tell these activists what they want to hear, they could reevaluate their bogus assumptions, but it’s vastly easier to believe Republicans have let them down."
With Clinton exonerated, conspiracy theorists turn on Trey Gowdy

They then went after the Clinton foundation (found nothing there) and just YESTERDAY we find out that Trump used charitable donations from his foundation to pay off $258,000 in his business legal bills, and pay for 2 portraits, of course of himself LOL. They're going to find much more this. This is just the beginning, and October is not even here yet--LOL
Trump used $258,000 from his charity to settle legal problems

:itsok:

--------------------

-----------------------

Donald Trump is the 21st Century version of P. T. Barnum. He's a salesman, a master of "the art of the deal". As you should know, he withdrew his lawsuit against Maher after, like he current Presidential run, he'd milked it for all the free publicity he could get from it.

I've posted for months that I doubt a billionaire really wants to be President. Why would he? OTOH, he's not a quitter either. He won't quit, but he would deliberately push things so far he's assured of not being elected. This gives him the freedom to bitch from the sidelines for years plus continue to use his money to influence Congress.

In short, the reason Trump isn't suing reporters is because he's getting exactly what he wants from them.

Forum List

Back