🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Liberals Hate Free Speech

Liberals are the power in the political realm....and they illustrate what Lord Action meant about power absolutely corrupting those who control it.

1." ...do any of you actually remember a time when liberals truly supported and believed in freedom of speech.... genuine,bona fide agreement with the principle that liberty includes allowing those with whom you disagree to have access to the marketplace of ideas, and that this marketplace itself will decide which are the best ones. You know, Voltaire's "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it," and all that?

I can't either. Probably nobody can who was not born during or before World War II,

2.... those on the Left do not believe in free speech. They simply do not accept the fundamental principle that people of all opinions ought to be able to express those opinions without being punished for it, or at least hindered to the greatest degree possible in their ability to express themselves.

3. [Thus the] editorial in Harvard's student newspaper The Crimson, in which Sandra Korn, a student columnist and "women's studies" major (who didn't see that one coming?) obligingly calls for academic totalitarianism,

"Yet the liberal obsession with 'academic freedom" seems a bit misplaced to me. .... No academic question is ever 'free' from political realities. If our university community opposes racism, sexism, and heterosexism, why should we put up with research that counters our goals simply in the name of "academic freedom"?

"Instead, I would like to propose a more rigorous standard: one of 'academic justice. When an academic community observes research promoting or justifying oppression, it should ensure that this research does not continue.

"The power to enforce academic justice comes from students, faculty, and workers organizing together to make our universities look as we want them to do. Two years ago, when former summer school instructor Subramanian Swamy published hateful commentary about Muslims in India, the Harvard community organized to ensure that he would not return to teach on campus. I consider that sort of organizing both appropriate and commendable. Perhaps it should even be applied more broadly...

There, in a nutshell, is the modern liberal attitude toward freedom of speech, and by extension freedom of thought. If research doesn't substantiate the cultural goals and priorities of today's Neo-Fascists, then we must ensure that it "does not continue." Why liberals hate freedom of speech

If speech refutes the Left's positions on any number of issues, then it has to be silenced. "Academic justice" means suppression of all those naughty things that people might say that contradict us.

As far as speech is concerned, the Left definitely prefers a command economy over the free market.
What did Republicans do to the Dixie chicks when they said they were ashamed that George w bush was from Texas?

We love free speech. We wish you Republicans would admit your real goals and motives. But don't expect us to not react accordingly.

Can you give some examples of things I don't want you to say but you wish you could say without penalty or push back? I'm curious.

Name a venue that has more free speech than a university ?

Im calling u bitches out!!! NAme a place !!!
I think what she's saying is that if a con speaks out against anything liberal like gays or equal rights or abortion we don't like it. Sorry your ideas are unpopular in intellectual circles. Aka WRONG!

Republicans wish there were no right and wrong. Just like in politics. Ever known a Republican politician to be wrong about anything?

The unborn baby is not 'their body.'
It is a totally different, unique individual with it's own DNA, fingerprints, organs, etc.

That just happens to be unable to live on its own.
But it is still alive. A baby that has actually been born is also not able to live without it's mother. Does that mean we should kill it?

A baby can live without its mother. Plenty of women in history have died in childbirth and the child has lived.
I would love to credit you for enough intelligence to know that by "mother" I meant someone to take care of it. But you are making it difficult.

Fine, you mean someone to take care of it.

But here's the deal. The fetus inside of the mother needs THE MOTHER. No one else. It can survive outside of THE MOTHER after what, six months or so? There seems to be a record of 21 weeks for a premature baby surviving.

A medical miracle: World's most premature baby, born at 21 weeks and five days, goes home to her delighted parents

Just based on a quick search.

So before 21 weeks the fetus NEEDS THE MOTHER.

Outside of the womb, a baby doesn't need THE MOTHER, it needs someone to look after it.

Would you not say these two things are DIFFERENT? I would.

I'm not making things difficult at all. My point was that the fetus needs the mother, whereas the baby outside doesn't. How is that making life difficult? It's me making a point.

Can you name a liberal college that in its student handbook actually warns students against exercising their free speech rights?

Oh gee you can't?

Hmmm... I can name a famous CONSERVATIVE school that does. Bob Jones University.

"We desire to treat students fairly and to serve their needs effectively. We are open to constructive input regarding how we may improve our service to students, campus life and the testimony of BJU. Mass and social media are powerful tools to communicate truth. In the spirit of honor and wisdom,

however,

students should not use media to disparage BJU

but should instead pursue truth in love by following this grievance process."

So who hates free speech again? lol

http://www.bju.edu/life-faith/student-handbook.pdf

It took me all of 10 seconds and Google....Btw not sure why you are posting about a private college ???

berkley anti free spesch

berkley anti free spesch - Google Search

(For some reason it's not letting me post the link right)

On thursday, the UC Board of Regents will discuss a “Statement of Principles Against Intolerance” that condemns bigotry on campus while affirming the importance of free speech. Its overarching theme is that “intolerance has no place at the University of California.”

There is much to agree with in the statement, which was prepared by the staff of UC President Janet Napolitano with input from others, including some regents. But it also includes some loose language that could undermine the university's commitment to a free exchange of ideas and its obligation to respect the 1st Amendment.

So condemning bigotry and saying it's wrong means you hate free speech?

Speaking of bigotry, I asked you to explain your use of the term "bible crazies" and you ran off and hid.

Is that because you inadvertently revealed your bigotry?

Damn, but you are a gadfly!

:dunno:

What I know is you pulled the tail of a she-wolf.

I don't always agree with PC, but she has tenacity.
I would never confuse tenacity with indifference to honesty, good character or outright unwarranted chutzpah.

Oooo.....look who's sulking because of the spankings I've been forced to administer.

Look for more ahead.
Just found this reviewing the thread. Why don't you respond to the posts consigned to you and address the subject matter of those facts within that post rather than to my posts to others regarding other matters? That's rhetorical! That must be so you can avoid addressing the falsehoods, errors and stupidity of your "arguments" of C&P's I've laid open to the bone.Taking a victory lap when you weren't even on the right track smacks of pitiful hubris, Chica! Very damn stupid and sophomoric, too!

Why, when I already put you in your place?

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull over to the side of the road.

We're not allowed to disagree with you people?

The right has no speech codes, that is a unique feature of you communists.

Silly Bonobo says that Republicans and Commoners have the freedom to engage in "correct" speech.

And nowhere more evident than in the Liberal monasteries known as university.

"On a winter’s night 20 years ago, a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania who was working on an English paper heard a ruckus outside his dorm. A group of sorority sisters was singing, stomping and yelling, and he couldn’t concentrate. So he shouted out the window at them: “Shut up, you water buffalo!”
He was subsequently accused of violating Penn’s policy against racial harassment.

...PC has spiraled out of control, starting on college campuses and graduating into the real world...

....Greg Lukianoff, president of the Philly-based Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (a.k.a. FIRE), in his new book, Unlearning Liberty: Campus Censorship and the End of American Debate. He posits that political correctness has hamstrung free speech, resulting in a society where citizens lack the “experience of uninhibited debate and casual provocation” that keeps minds open and dialogue flowing."
A History of Political Correctness: 20 Years After Penn's "Water Buffalo" Incident | Philadelphia magazine

Your anecdotes prove nothing. I can match you anecdote for anecdote.

Chic's history is unlike what most people think of as regular history. Chic's history and labels can be moved around at will and applied as it fits her theme. Chic's history is imaginative, creative, and wrong, but it does appeal to some.

She can read but she can't think. She is also incapable of distinguishing between a fact and an opinion.

We're not allowed to disagree with you people?

The right has no speech codes, that is a unique feature of you communists.

Silly Bonobo says that Republicans and Commoners have the freedom to engage in "correct" speech.

And nowhere more evident than in the Liberal monasteries known as university.

"On a winter’s night 20 years ago, a freshman at the University of Pennsylvania who was working on an English paper heard a ruckus outside his dorm. A group of sorority sisters was singing, stomping and yelling, and he couldn’t concentrate. So he shouted out the window at them: “Shut up, you water buffalo!”
He was subsequently accused of violating Penn’s policy against racial harassment.

...PC has spiraled out of control, starting on college campuses and graduating into the real world...

....Greg Lukianoff, president of the Philly-based Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (a.k.a. FIRE), in his new book, Unlearning Liberty: Campus Censorship and the End of American Debate. He posits that political correctness has hamstrung free speech, resulting in a society where citizens lack the “experience of uninhibited debate and casual provocation” that keeps minds open and dialogue flowing."
A History of Political Correctness: 20 Years After Penn's "Water Buffalo" Incident | Philadelphia magazine

Your anecdotes prove nothing. I can match you anecdote for anecdote.

So....which are you more copacetic with, "NYLiar," or "NYLoser"?

Let me know, so I can use the other.....

Damn, but you are a gadfly!

I would never confuse tenacity with indifference to honesty, good character or outright unwarranted chutzpah.

Oooo.....look who's sulking because of the spankings I've been forced to administer.

Look for more ahead.
Just found this reviewing the thread. Why don't you respond to the posts consigned to you and address the subject matter of those facts within that post rather than to my posts to others regarding other matters? That's rhetorical! That must be so you can avoid addressing the falsehoods, errors and stupidity of your "arguments" of C&P's I've laid open to the bone.Taking a victory lap when you weren't even on the right track smacks of pitiful hubris, Chica! Very damn stupid and sophomoric, too!

The only thing you know how to put in its place is your ass in a chair! You're nothing but a fraud and someone to be pitied for their lack of character and abject dishonesty! You are a known quantity, Chica, and you have marked yourself. One last thing. To claim you never lie after you have been caught out lying so many times is really fucking stupid!

Look for more ahead.

The only thing you know how to put in its place is your ass in a chair! You're nothing but a fraud and someone to be pitied for their lack of character and abject dishonesty! You are a known quantity, Chica, and you have marked yourself. One last thing. To claim you never lie after you have been caught out lying so many times is really fucking stupid!

Ooooo.......look who's whining about his being schooled again.

One would believe you'd be used to it by now.

And....no...I never lie.

And....no...I never lie.
Lying once more simply to claim you never lie displays how terribly fucking stupid you truly are!

2.... those on the Left do not believe in free speech. They simply do not accept the fundamental principle that people of all opinions ought to be able to express those opinions without being punished for it, or at least hindered to the greatest degree possible in their ability to express themselves.

I'm a dem for decades. Liberals are far to the left of us. I'm not even sure what to call that group anymore but maybe the 4th Reicht? It's true. Go to any website that is even slightly liberal and you will see yourself shut down in a nanosecond if you're not walking lockstep with their rainbow jackboots on each and every topic.

My friend who is into conspiracy theories thinks there is a central controlling group, much like Scientology. An elite nexus of people who keep their thumbs very tightly pressed on subject material "allowed to be discussed". She believes there is a bevy of paid bloggers, funded by the likes of those like Georgo Soros who simply clock in on the internet, make a certain number of posts each day and get paid for "piece work".

They have very clever ways of shutting down topics in more accepting forums. For instance, one of their favorites is the "mock-flame war"...geared to shut down a thread. If a topic they don't like, like this one: Four Supreme Court Justices Summarize How June's Gay-Marriage Decision Was Improper/Illegal | Page 186 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum pops up and won't go away, two or more of them will hurl insults at each other grave enough to break board rules, then one of their plants in the moderator board will shut it down.

I notice they just shut down the second thread I tried to start on it.

I'm a dem for decades. Liberals are far to the left of us. I'm not even sure what to call that group anymore but maybe the 4th Reicht? It's true. Go to any website that is even slightly liberal and you will see yourself shut down in a nanosecond if you're not walking lockstep with their rainbow jackboots on each and every topic.

My friend who is into conspiracy theories thinks there is a central controlling group, much like Scientology. An elite nexus of people who keep their thumbs very tightly pressed on subject material "allowed to be discussed". She believes there is a bevy of paid bloggers, funded by the likes of those like Georgo Soros who simply clock in on the internet, make a certain number of posts each day and get paid for "piece work".

They have very clever ways of shutting down topics in more accepting forums. For instance, one of their favorites is the "mock-flame war"...geared to shut down a thread. If a topic they don't like, like this one: Four Supreme Court Justices Summarize How June's Gay-Marriage Decision Was Improper/Illegal | Page 186 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum pops up and won't go away, two or more of them will hurl insults at each other grave enough to break board rules, then one of their plants in the moderator board will shut it down.

Your friend may very well have a point.

While it may be true.....it only succeeds because the majority of Americans have been trained to accept whatever they are told by the Leftists who control the press, the schools, and....to an unconscionable degree, the Republican Party.

Have you noticed the numbers of simpletons on this board who, rather than attempt to deny what is documented, simply post versions of 'is not, is not'?

Sadly...we've gone past the tipping point, and are simply basking in the after glow of what was once a great nation.

And....no...I never lie.
Lying once more simply to claim you never lie displays how terribly fucking stupid you truly are!

1. Profanity is the effort of a feeble mind to express itself forcefully.

2. I love how, when I beat you morons, the knee-jerk (jerk is the operative term, here) default is vulgarity.

Can't help it, can you.
And I'll deliver more....you betcha'!

The reason your threads get shut down is they are boring, repetitive nonsense. It's not liberals trying to shut you up. Your homophobia is B O R I N G...

While it may be true.....it only succeeds because the majority of Americans have been trained to accept whatever they are told by the Leftists who control the press, the schools, and....to an unconscionable degree, the Republican Party.

Have you noticed the numbers of simpletons on this board who, rather than attempt to deny what is documented, simply post versions of 'is not, is not'?

Sadly...we've gone past the tipping point, and are simply basking in the after glow of what was once a great nation.
Both of you are perfectly free to talk your damn fool heads off but if you post right-wing dogma and sound like a paranoid moron on a site with leftist bent, don't expect to be hanging around too long. They've seen more than enough of your kind...

And....no...I never lie.
Since you are unable to discern the truth from a lie, I'm sure in your mind that is true. The best liars are those who have no idea that's what they're doing only you are a much sadder case, limited to, by a lack of IQ and education, cutting and pasting the lies of others...

Both of you are perfectly free to talk your damn fool heads off but if you post right-wing dogma and sound like a paranoid moron on a site with leftist bent, don't expect to be hanging around too long. They've seen more than enough of your kind...

1. "....if you post right-wing dogma and sound like a paranoid moron on a site with leftist bent, don't expect to be hanging around too long..."

What!!!!

You waited almost 400 posts before agreeing with the title of the thread????

Yup: "Liberals Hate Free Speech"

(You put your foot in your mouth again, huh?)

2. "They've seen more than enough of your kind..."

Hey....watch it buster!

You never saw 'my kind' before. I'm one of a kind....and the best you've ever encountered.
Creating these threads .... one of my vanities. I find it satisfying to perform, convivial, competitive, absorbing and even artistic.

What amazes me is that poets don't rush home, unpack their pens, and write odes....paeans.... to my posts!

I’m kind of surprised I’m not an action figure by now.

And....no...I never lie.
Since you are unable to discern the truth from a lie, I'm sure in your mind that is true. The best liars are those who have no idea that's what they're doing only you are a much sadder case, limited to, by a lack of IQ and education, cutting and pasting the lies of others...

So.....why have you never been able to produce any such "lies"???

Forum List

Back