🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why People Don’t Answer the Phone Anymore

lead_960_540.jpg

Caller ID!

That’s my reason. If I don’t recognize the number I let them listen to the answering machine message. If they don’t want to leave one, I don’t want to talk to them.

Perhaps 80 or even 90 percent of the calls coming into my phone are spam of one kind or another. Now, if I hear my phone buzzing from across the room, at first I’m excited if I think it’s a text, but when it keeps going, and I realize it’s a call, I won’t even bother to walk over. My phone only rings one or two times a day, which means that I can go a whole week without a single phone call coming in that I (or Apple’s software) can even identify, let alone want to pick up.

More @ Why No One Answers Their Phone Anymore

No one likes me, so I sure as hell know , no one is calling just to chat...lol

Serious everyone knows text me, I hate talking on the phone, tell me whay you want, I could care less about the weather.

lead_960_540.jpg

Caller ID!

That’s my reason. If I don’t recognize the number I let them listen to the answering machine message. If they don’t want to leave one, I don’t want to talk to them.

Perhaps 80 or even 90 percent of the calls coming into my phone are spam of one kind or another. Now, if I hear my phone buzzing from across the room, at first I’m excited if I think it’s a text, but when it keeps going, and I realize it’s a call, I won’t even bother to walk over. My phone only rings one or two times a day, which means that I can go a whole week without a single phone call coming in that I (or Apple’s software) can even identify, let alone want to pick up.

More @ Why No One Answers Their Phone Anymore
Same here. Don't leave a message, it must not be important.
I no longer answer the phone.
After having the same landline number for 30 years, I am ready to give it up
I only get robocalls ....everyone else calls my cell
I gave up the landline 15 years ago. Now my cell phone gets bombed with telemarketing.

I never answer a call waiting either.
Seems rude to stop one conversation for the call interrupting.

Millennials are infamous of calling someone and not leaving a message and expecting you to call them back.

But many of us that are old school, prefer that someone leave a message..
When I don't recognize the number, I just let the answering machine get it any way and if the calling is for an important enough reason, a message is what will/should be left.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You can drop the land line and save money as well as the headaches.
The security company will come put in an encrypted unit that works with the closest cell tower (doesn't even have to be your cell phone provider).
Use your cell phone, stop giving your number to businesses for any reason (they sell your data to telemarketers).

The unwanted calls will cease ... Except maybe that crazy aunt that makes you want to throw the phone at the wall when her name pops up.

It should be that companies can be sued for actually going and selling your information at all, and this when you do business with them. Talk about the ultimate kick in the groin.

Hey, they finally got the fast food industry to post the calories on the menu, so why not force companies to list who they sell your info to along with their phone number or address ??

We want total transparency, and we should get it when we are used in any kind of way by these companies.

How is it that they can make money off of us without us receiving any dividends or % of the profits these people have made ??

I was in a line checking out the other day, and heard the clerk ask the lady in front of me for her phone number in which she gave, but when he asked me for mine I said NOPE to his surprise... Enough is enough folks. Look where all this crap has gotten us now.

>>>>

Press 1 if your panel sounds like bacon

Press 2 if your lights are flickering

Press 3 if you'd like to explain how an electrical anomoliy on the far end of your facility has something to do with our last visit on the opposite end

Press 4 if the power company rep ran screaming from your residence

Press 5 if you'd like to leave your quantum electrical theory for us

Press 6 if you'd like to keep us on the phone for 40 minutes explaining how your late uncle fester was such a grand inspiration for your DIY electrical projects

Press 7 to impose the logic from the guy in the orange smock upon us

Press 8 if you'd like to agrue about the bill you previously agreed to

Press 9 if your retired and have nothing better to do than pester us with inane minutia at dinner time until we want to pierce our ears with our silverware

Press 10 if your cat is missing and your wondering if he's gone home with our worktruck

Press 11 if you just realized all the blinking digital clocks are because we turned the power off to them

Press 12 if you've a GC with some small change job you'd like us to do via dangleing the carrot of bigger ones

Press 13 if you're a state agency looking to impede business by whatever bureaucratic means you've been granted

Press 14 if you're a search engine expert who found us on the first page of google

Press 15 if you'd like us to support your philanthropic 501C3 , 95% of whos donations you'll legally pocket

Press 16 if you're that sawzall dude again from pheonix who'll spend all day trying to sell a gross of blades

Press 17 if you're an apprentice that actually aspires to be the Dr Phil of electricity answering phone calls for a burnt out EC....

~s~

Forum List

Back